Coronavirus

Trend

32 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Part of Bonnie's post from 7 February states :

Regardless of nationality, any guest or crewmember traveling from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau less than 15 days prior to their sailing will be unable to board any of our ships.

Similar information was included in her link posted on 3 February :

• Regardless of nationality, we will deny boarding to :
  • Any guest who has travelled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau in the past 15 days

How will they know?

8 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Part of Bonnie's post from 7 February states :

Regardless of nationality, any guest or crewmember traveling from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau less than 15 days prior to their sailing will be unable to board any of our ships.

Similar information was included in her link posted on 3 February :

• Regardless of nationality, we will deny boarding to :
  • Any guest who has travelled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau in the past 15 days

Yes she said that but she also said letters had been sent to those on cruises up to the end of February. It seems that those on March cruises have also had letters.

• Like 1

Just now, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I presume they will also ask you. Not sure that your passport gets stamped if you are ‘in transit’ in an airport.

It doesn’t but your flight details can be accessed by authorities 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Yes she said that but she also said letters had been sent to those on cruises up to the end of February. It seems that those on March cruises have also had letters.

It would make sense to move the notification up cruise by cruise so that at the end of February anyone on the early March cruises (especially March 2 who may well already be in Buenos Aires before the end of February) doesn't have to scramble to try and arrange alternate flights.

At this point in time we are O.K. as we are flying direct from Sydney to Dubai prior to embarkation on 17 March.

4 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

It would make sense to move the notification up cruise by cruise so that at the end of February anyone on the early March cruises (especially March 2 who may well already be in Buenos Aires before the end of February) doesn't have to scramble to try and arrange alternate flights.

At this point in time we are O.K. as we are flying direct from Sydney to Dubai prior to embarkation on 17 March.

You’re right that’s it’s good to give people as much notice as practicable. Glad to hear your flights are OK.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

I have just read that South Korea has closed its ports to all cruise ships to stop the virus spreading. I wonder how many more Asian countries will do the same over the next few weeks? 

That's interesting since Busan, South Korea is the port cruise lines use to prevent closed loop Japan itineraries.  Those Japan itineraries usually begin in March.  Azamara doesn't do that itinerary until 2021, but some lines will have to react.  I know there is a port in Russia that some lines use to break the closed loop.  

• Like 1

On 2/10/2020 at 9:07 AM, sunlover33 said:

I have just read that South Korea has closed its ports to all cruise ships to stop the virus spreading. I wonder how many more Asian countries will do the same over the next few weeks? 

Hi

could you send me a link of where you read this please?

I am trying to keep all our stories updated

with thanks

Adam

1 hour ago, Adam Coulter said:

Hi

could you send me a link of where you read this please?

I am trying to keep all our stories updated

with thanks

Adam

Maybe I can help you with that. https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-02-10-20-intl-hnk/h_ee102a9adae2300f5198569d201e8ac0

South Korea bans cruise ships: Meanwhile, South Korea will temporarily suspend entry to cruise ships amid the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, Vice Health Minister Kim Gang-lip said during a briefing Monday.

Cruise ships docking for purposes without people getting off, such as refueling and stocking up supplies, will still be allowed.

Two cruise ships scheduled to arrive in Busan tomorrow and on Wednesday have been canceled, as well as two others scheduled to arrive later in February.

31 minutes ago, Liviucostin said:

Maybe I can help you with that. https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coronavirus-outbreak-02-10-20-intl-hnk/h_ee102a9adae2300f5198569d201e8ac0

South Korea bans cruise ships: Meanwhile, South Korea will temporarily suspend entry to cruise ships amid the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, Vice Health Minister Kim Gang-lip said during a briefing Monday.

Cruise ships docking for purposes without people getting off, such as refueling and stocking up supplies, will still be allowed.

Two cruise ships scheduled to arrive in Busan tomorrow and on Wednesday have been canceled, as well as two others scheduled to arrive later in February.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Feb 11, 2020

There is a new update to our Travel Advisory: https://www.azamara.com/travel-advisory

Can you please expand on this -

"Any guest who has come in contact with anyone from mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau in the past 15 days. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person."

If we spend three  days pre-cruise in Singapore or even if we go directly from the airport to the cruise terminal, how is it possible to answer that question?

Thanks

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Richteab said:

"Any guest who has come in contact with anyone from mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau in the past 15 days. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person."

If we spend three  days pre-cruise in Singapore or even if we go directly from the airport to the cruise terminal, how is it possible to answer that question?

Thanks

But Singapore is not part of China  

50 minutes ago, DRJVH said:

50 minutes ago, DRJVH said:

Correct, but many citizens  of those countries live and work In Singapore so are “from” China. Thats the phrase used in the policy document.

11 hours ago, Richteab said:

Thanks

I guess the answer to that (in part at least) would be covered by the next statement in the Travel Advisory :

2. There will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:

• Guests who are uncertain about contact with individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau in the past 15 days.

And as far as that statement goes, it probably covers everyone who travels through a busy international airport or two en route to board the ship, unless they ask everyone they stand in line near, sit next to or walk past whether they have traveled from, to or through the places in question!

It will be interesting to hear the official response.

Edited by Baynanno1
  • Like 1

Celebrity have cancelled their embarkation/disembarkation in Singapore in March. The voyages are now two round trips from Dubai (granted the vessels were originally in the Middle East not Australia) 

Fingers crossed Azamara doesn’t have to make such a change 

Edited by uktog

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Celebrity have cancelled their embarkation/disembarkation in Singapore in March. The voyages are now two round trips from Dubai (granted the vessels were originally in the Middle East not Australia) 

Fingers crossed Azamara doesn’t have to make such a change 

Royal Caribbean,  has also cancelled two Quantum of the Seas sailings departing from Singapore on 15 February and 24 February. I think it is a distinct possibility that Azamara may do the same, being in the same company  it seems unlikely they will have different rules.  But there is still time for the situation to change yet for the April departure from Singapore, hopefully for the better. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sunlover33 said:

Royal Caribbean,  has also cancelled two Quantum of the Seas sailings departing from Singapore on 15 February and 24 February. I think it is a distinct possibility that Azamara may do the same, being in the same company  it seems unlikely they will have different rules.  But there is still time for the situation to change yet for the April departure from Singapore, hopefully for the better. 

The Journey is due to arrive Singapore on April 11. This is 8 1/2 weeks away so we can hope they hold off on cancellation and our Singapore-Dubai cruise goes as scheduled.