boarding pass for flight

isladonna

Can you access your airline (southwest) with the social package, to check in for your flight?  I presume you can use ship computers to check in for your flight also?

On another subject, is there a cvs/walgreens type store on the way from fll to port?  We want to get some canned drinks and wine before boarding and hoping the taxi will stop for us.

The answer to your question can be found in the details of the Social plan posted on Carnival’s website. https://www.carnival.com/internet-plans/social-wi-fi-plan-SRA

I would highly recommend paying for Early Bird checkin, at least on your return flight. Then you don’t even have to worry about checking in online at the 24-hour mark, because your boarding position will be automatically assigned. 

Edited by bakersdozen12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, isladonna said:

Can you access your airline (southwest) with the social package, to check in for your flight?  I presume you can use ship computers to check in for your flight also?

On another subject, is there a cvs/walgreens type store on the way from fll to port?  We want to get some canned drinks and wine before boarding and hoping the taxi will stop for us.

The answer to the second question is yes.  Walgreens, Winn-Dixie, and Publix are nearby though you may have to negotiate with cab driver.  Also limited choices at many gas station convenience stores. 

Use googlemaps.  Locate FLL airport, then search for nearby "grocery" or "pharmacy".

The OP of this thread asked "Can you access your airline (southwest) with the social package, to check in for your flight?  I presume you can use ship computers to check in for your flight also?" and it was never answered, only where to buy beverages. I didn't understand why you locked the thread. The answer is depending on the speed of the ships internet. You would have to go to the Internet Cafe to print anything. We just download our boarding pass to our phone when we get to port.

Edited by Host Carolyn
To fix my mistake and delete comment re member being banned
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2020 at 9:13 PM, coevan said:

The OP of this thread asked "Can you access your airline (southwest) with the social package, to check in for your flight?  I presume you can use ship computers to check in for your flight also?" and it was never answered. The answer is depending on the speed of the ships internet. You would have to go to the Internet Cafe to print anything. We just download our boarding pass to our phone when we get to port.

i guess you dont fly southwest. Waiting til you get to port will virtually guarantee you wont be sitting together on the flight.

Edited by Host Carolyn
Remove now deleted text

14 hours ago, LibratPDX said:

My airline (American) would not allow me to check in online because the WiFi wasn't secure/private.  I didn't try using one of the PC's onboard.

We fly AA quite often, never heard of this. We have checked in many times from the ship online. What computer you are using really doesn't matter. 

• 49 minutes ago, coevan said:

We fly AA quite often, never heard of this. We have checked in many times from the ship online. What computer you are using really doesn't matter. 

I thought that was the error message on my app but I should have screen-shot it.   It could have also been the horrendously slow internet connection, sea days are the worst!

19 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Pay for Early Bird and no worries

That's the thing with Southwest. Like so many other travel companies, "free stuff" is all of the rage. Even after baggage fees, seat selections, etc, Southwest is rarely the cheapest in the end. I'd much rather spend less to pick my seat in advance and not have to worry about being there asap to battle everyone for a seat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joebucks said:

That's the thing with Southwest. Like so many other travel companies, "free stuff" is all of the rage. Even after baggage fees, seat selections, etc, Southwest is rarely the cheapest in the end. I'd much rather spend less to pick my seat in advance and not have to worry about being there asap to battle everyone for a seat.

too each their own. If i book sw the day the bookings open i can save a substantial amount over AA.

while I like AA their fares are not very competitive after spending extra for main cabin seating so i can get an assigned seat instead of last on and take what’s left.

I believe you cruise solo. If that is indeed the case paying just one fare I wouldn’t mind paying the higher fare.

If that is not the case my apologies for my assumption.

Paying for multiple fares the savings add up. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Me too.  My family and a bunch of others flying SW for the first time when they started at a nearby airport  were shocked to get on the plane, not realizing we weren't the first stop ( no one got off the plane).  When those who paid for EB got on only to find out that the onboard passengers all spread out to aisles and windows.  

We always buy early bird for at least the trip back when on a cruise.  Even if you have internet, there's no guarantee it will actually work at the second you need to check in on SW 24 hours in advance.  Good Luck

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I fly predominately on SW and Alaska. I do get one free bag on Alaska, and more often than not, they have a lot more non stops to destinations I travel to. I have been known to do one way on Alaska, and then one way back on SW. I prefer nonstops, so Alaska will normally be my first choice (plus they partner with a lot of international airlines).

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Just depends on your route and timing. SW fares change frequently. We are flying Minneapolis to Hawaii in Feb on SW for $263. Free bags. Couldn’t come within $100 of that on any other airline before adding in for bags.

• Like 1

Host Carolyn, please don't take this wrong, do not want to be banned, but the OP of this thread asked "Can you access your airline (southwest) with the social package, to check in for your flight?  I presume you can use ship computers to check in for your flight also?"

You must have missed my post. I was the first person to post on that thread, and I did answer the question about whether or not you can access the Southwest website with the Social Media plan. 

Here’s the thread, for reference, if you would like to take another look:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2730327-boarding-pass-for-flight/

Edited by bakersdozen12

1. Guess I'll bust out $50 to get Early Bird..thanks all

Host Carolyn, please don't take this wrong, do not want to be banned, but the OP of this thread asked "Can you access your airline (southwest) with the social package, to check in for your flight?  I presume you can use ship computers to check in for your flight also?" and it was never answered, only where to buy beverages. I didn't understand why you locked the thread. The answer is depending on the speed of the ships internet. You would have to go to the Internet Cafe to print anything. We just download our boarding pass to our phone when we get to port.

Thank you!!  i could not understand why my post was locked either!  I have not seen any other posts locked like that so I am totally confused why that happened too!  And you are right, the question about using ships computers to print boarding pass was not answered.  Weird.

1 hour ago, bakersdozen12 said:

You must have missed my post. I was the first person to post on that thread, and I did answer the question about whether or not you can access the Southwest website with the Social Media plan. 

Here’s the thread, for reference, if you would like to take another look:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2730327-boarding-pass-for-flight/

i still don't understand why she locked it though.  There are lots of posts where the question has been answered ALOT lol..I see no other posts locked.  guess she just don't like me. haha!

19 minutes ago, isladonna said:

i still don't understand why she locked it though.  There are lots of posts where the question has been answered ALOT lol..I see no other posts locked.  guess she just don't like me. haha!

I have seen plenty of threads locked. I personally like it after the question is answered.

Yours, I thought was locked prematurely, because although bakersdozen12 answered, I thought it needed more explaining. They were right about the social package, you can’t access websites with the social package. You would need to use at least the Value package and you don’t need to use ships computer. You can do it on your phone or tablet., but you have to have an internet package. There is no printing on board, so you could still check in, but not print anything. You can however, load the boarding pass on your phone. Hope it’s clear as mud now....LOL

On 2/2/2020 at 6:09 PM, isladonna said:

From what I have seen, she seems to just lock random posts every once in awhile. With no rhyme or reason behind it. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 2:27 PM, teknoge3k said:

This is what we do. Then just use the app at the airport. No need to check in or print anything. 

Can you you use points to purchase the early bird option on Southwest??  I'm guessing not, but thought I would ask.

3 hours ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Can you you use points to purchase the early bird option on Southwest??  I'm guessing not, but thought I would ask.

Unfortunately not. We just booked flights to San Juan and paid for the flights with points but had to pay full price for early bird.