Changing C&A level during cruise

Brandis

10 minutes ago, Brandis said:

I‘m just one point away from D+. 

Does this get me anything on my next cruise after the first day when I become D+ or only on the cruise after when I board as D+ already?

I feel your pain, we become D+ on the second day of a 14 night transatlantic. 

41 minutes ago, blackshirt said:

Since no points are awarded until after the cruise, you actually didn’t become D+ on the second day.

OMG, the end of the world is at the end of the tunnel.  I have been counting the points and waiting for the day I get a free laundry bag.  You have burst my bubble with your knowledge of rules and restrictions,  happy cruising

11 hours ago, arkking said:

We turn diamond on second day of cruise. The problem is we are b/b. Can we obtain diamond on 2nd leg in

Very common. Talk to the LA prior to the end of the first leg. Earlier the better. The LA can expedite the change so you will be recognized as diamond for the second leg with all perks/benefits. 

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Very common. Talk to the LA prior to the end of the first leg. Earlier the better. The LA can expedite the change so you will be recognized as diamond for the second leg with all perks/benefits. 

They used to put updated stickers on your card😉

20200201_115749.thumb.jpg.875ae492653a37584785d884a0e5b377.jpg

20 minutes ago, Retired LEO said:

Only pinnacle is recognized on the cruise that you obtain it. All others will be the next cruise

We got 'recognized' and a couple of perks, but cards and real perks were not until next sailing, a day later. Our boarding cards on next cruise still said D+, but LA delivered Pin cards to our stateroom

14 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

That card was from 2008, probably before the ban on smoking in staterooms.

Yep. I just don't remember seeing it on any of our Sea Pass cards during that same time frame. But I can't remember everything that was printed on our Sea Pass cards from 2019. 🤣

45 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Yep. I just don't remember seeing it on any of our Sea Pass cards during that same time frame. But I can't remember everything that was printed on our Sea Pass cards from 2019. 🤣

Most of mine stopped showing it in 2011, but I have one from 2013

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tulsacoker said:

That’s why we booked a cruise before a major ta

We actually added a third cruise while on the first of B2B Navigator ones that gave D+ status for our next cruise a 16 nights Aussie re-positioning a month later that was also booked on that first sailing. It was great to have the free laundry on that next cruise as we stayed on in Perth, WA for another two weeks after.

We had a Southwest flight which allowed us to simply delay our return by exactly one week at no extra cost.

Also the LA also gave us D+ benefits for the last B2B2B Navigator cruise.

The only not great thing was the third Nav. cruise was a repeat itinerary of the first.

I think this is hit or miss, depending on the ship's LA.  We were cruising with friends last year and they achieved Emerald status a couple days in.  The LA went ahead and updated their statuses and gave them new sea pass cards and Emerald pins (on Brilliance).  We tried this on Allure some months later and were told no, you have to wait.  So I guess it is up to the LA...

14 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

I think this is hit or miss, depending on the ship's LA.  We were cruising with friends last year and they achieved Emerald status a couple days in.  The LA went ahead and updated their statuses and gave them new sea pass cards and Emerald pins (on Brilliance).  We tried this on Allure some months later and were told no, you have to wait.  So I guess it is up to the LA...

Did they get any actual Emerald benefits? Even if they did, the difference between Platinum and Emerald is not much. I suspect it’s more miss than hit. I see posts here and on FB of LA’s doing this from time to time but I get the feeling it’s not something done often.