Health Screening Delays?

Daniel A

Princess sent out a notification regarding the Coronavirus which states in part: "In addition, all guests will be subject to pre-boarding health reporting and screening at cruise check-in, in addition to other precautions being taken. The above is subject to change based on the interests of health and safety of our guests and crew and any other requirements imposed by local authorities."

Does anybody have any information regarding the impact this pre-boarding health reporting and screening have on the amount of time it takes to board now?  (I am especially interested in how it affects Medallion Class boarding.)

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Princess sent out a notification regarding the Coronavirus which states in part: "In addition, all guests will be subject to pre-boarding health reporting and screening at cruise check-in, in addition to other precautions being taken. The above is subject to change based on the interests of health and safety of our guests and crew and any other requirements imposed by local authorities."

Does anybody have any information regarding the impact this pre-boarding health reporting and screening have on the amount of time it takes to board now?  (I am especially interested in how it affects Medallion Class boarding.)

Per above .... so are we.  

Since some of you didn't get this, I got this as I am sailing tomorrow.  This is the entire notice from Princess:

"CORONAVIRUS TRAVEL ADVISORY

We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) situation and wish to reassure you that the risk to our guests and crew is low and our medical experts are coordinating closely with global health authorities.

As a precautionary measure, any guest who has traveled from or through mainland China within 14 days of the beginning of this cruise will be denied boarding. This does not apply to Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. If this applies to you or your client, please contact us at 1-800-774-6237 (North America) or your country s office to provide proof of such travel and we will process a full refund of all amounts paid to Princess Cruises for this voyage.

In addition, all guests will be subject to pre-boarding health reporting and screening at cruise check-in, in addition to other precautions being taken. The above is subject to change based on the interests of health and safety of our guests and crew and any other requirements imposed by local authorities."

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Perhaps they are trotting out the old health questionnaire that they used to have everybody fill out.

Interested in whether they do that or take temperatures. People lie

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Perhaps they are trotting out the old health questionnaire that they used to have everybody fill out.

Yeah, that's my concern.  I recall standing in very long lines waiting to get into the terminal and completing the form as we stood in the 'cattle trap' I was looking forward the medallion making it so not needing to go to a check in desk with a health questionnaire.  I am wondering if anybody boarded Sky today in PE and what their experience was. 

Edited by Daniel A

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Interested in whether they do that or take temperatures. People lie

As long as they use the new thermometers that just stroke along your temple...

4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Yeah, that's my concern.  I recall standing in very long lines waiting to get into the terminal and completing the form as we stood in the 'cattle trap' I was looking forward the medallion making it so not needing to go to a check in desk with a health questionnaire.  I am wondering if anybody boarded Sky today in PE and what their experience was. 

I always thought the pencils they had for everybody to use when filling out the form were likely to be major transmitters of germs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I always thought the pencils they had for everybody to use when filling out the form were likely to be major transmitters of germs.

The head of SF's Chinese Hospital is issuing these 'new' guidelines  ..... wait for it ..... are you ready? ..... (1) wash hands (2) cough into a napkin & throw it in trash or cough into sleeve and wash clothing. Duh!

Let us know if they take temps (heard many are taking aspirin to fool test) or just a questionnaire 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Funny you should say that.  I made a point of packing extra pens in my carry on to give to my travel party tomorrow just for that reason.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thrak said:

They will be trotting out the thermometers.

I would think there will be far more items to fill out on any form than the old 3 liner

3 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

They will be trotting out the thermometers.

I would think there will be far more items to fill out on any form than the old 3 liner

I hate the idea that on our first Medallion Cruise, we won't be able to just saunter onto the ship flashing our medallion and passport.  I thought we avoided the whole cattle trap experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

I hate the idea that on our first Medallion Cruise, we won't be able to just saunter onto the ship flashing our medallion and passport.  I thought we avoided the whole cattle trap experience.

Patience. These are not unreasonable precautions. When all this is past, I expect they will loosen the straps again. You will get your chance to ease on nearly unobstructed. Right now, I feel better knowing they are trying. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Mooooo

8 minutes ago, fishin' musician said:

Mooooo

I don't know what you are saying.  I think I just figured it out, you're referencing what we'll be doing in the cattle trap...:classic_tongue:

Edited by Daniel A

Left San Pedro this afternoon in the Emerald. 
No thermometers. No forms, 3 lines or otherwise. 
The entire health screening went like this:

Have you traveled to China in the last 14 days?

No

Have you flown internationally in The last 14 days?

No

Here are your cruise cards. Have a great cruise. 
      Thank you. 

That was it. Not even any screening devices to walk through that measured temperature. 

Absolutely nothing else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

No

No

Thank you. 

That was it. Not even any screening devices to walk through that measured temperature. 

Absolutely nothing else. 

Looks pretty easy, with the Medallion, they should just ask y9ou the questions after you tap-in.

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Agree.

Especially those who cough in their hands and then use the pencil.  I do not want to be the next to use that pencil.

Edited by Justalone

57 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

No

No

Thank you. 

Absolutely nothing else. 

I left on the Royal Princess today and boarding was the exact same as it was last October.  The health screening must be random???  It took maybe 10 minutes from my car to stepping onto the ship.  Love my medallion!

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Boarded Emerald today ... 2 questions at checkin:  been to mainland China in last 14 days?  and traveled internationally in last 14 days?  Then the checkin person scanned our passports and, I gather, determined we had been truthful.  

That was it ... subject to change, I would gather, depending on input from CDC and WHO.

• Thanks 1

In Australia today, passengers on the next cruise on the Sea Princess have been advised that embarkation will be delayed because of extra health precautions and also rough weather for the cruise ending today. It also appears that there will be additional screening of passengers before they board.