Anthem News Flash

6 minutes ago, toad455 said:

I'm curious to hear what new pax are doing once they get to the pier since nothing has been officially released. 

We're at a nearby restaurant. Will eat and hopefully get the update on time at noon. 

• Like 4

I have yet to hear protocol for all ports...only some airports but people can be coming via connections to any city. Need a national protocol ....I realize those people sitting off Japan are in a bad situation but the Japanese government is putting the health of their citizens above all else...is that not the job of government?

Edited by kathy49
remove duplicate

I have yet to hear protocol for all ports...only some airports but people can be coming via connections to any city. Need a national protocol ....I realize those people sitting off Japan are in a bad situation but the Japanese government is putting the health of their citizens above all else...is that not the job of government?

If this is true unbelievable...one of the affected passengers taken to hospital from the ship had a fever recently and was given tylenol.  True...maybe or maybe not but this RCL ship situation has not opened up the media to the fact that US seems to have little protocol in place. Can you imagine these people being taken off the ship with no masks etc. for them or the people taking them away?  And the rest of the Chinese sent to Newark to get on a flight.?

I’m hoping that the reason they are not allowing anyone to drop off bags and enter terminal is because they are doing a sanitization of the terminal.  🤞🏻🤞🏻Can’t do that until everyone from previous cruise is out of there.  The email received last night said they were going to sanitize ship AND terminal 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Homebody said:

I’m hoping that the reason they are not allowing anyone to drop off bags and enter terminal is because they are doing a sanitization of the terminal.  🤞🏻🤞🏻Can’t do that until everyone from previous cruise is out of there.  The email received last night said they were going to sanitize ship AND terminal 

just heard from my friend that was supposed to board that it's delayed till tomorrow!

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

You may have been watching the news and have some concerns about today’s sailing. We appreciate the CDC’s abundance of caution and their partnership.

None of the four guests being tested by CDC showed any clinical signs or symptoms of coronavirus. One had tested positive onboard for Influenza A. Our records indicate the guests had not been in China since January 26 - 14 days ago. 

We have also been cleared by authorities to depart, as usual. However, to reassure concerned guests, we will delay our departure until tomorrow, when we will receive the conclusive test results from CDC.

We know that you may be anxious about boarding the ship today - we’re anxious too! So, we’ve decided to push our boarding to tomorrow, February 8th, 2020, at 1:00 PM EST, while we wait for the results from the CDC.

We’re also currently working on making adjustments to our itinerary, since we’re starting a day later than planned. We will confirm the details as soon as possible.

Given that we have shortened the sailing, you’ll receive a 1-day refund in the form of an onboard credit for the day missed, plus a pro-rated credit, if you pre-purchased any packages such as, beverage, internet, or dining. Both credits will be added to your Onboard Account and once you’re onboard, you can use these credits anywhere onboard.

Please also take a minute to review our screening and boarding protocols. We have been working with medical experts, public health authorities, and local governments, and in alignment with new stricter CDC protocols, we are tightening our measures to protect guests and crew. These steps are intentionally conservative, and we apologize that they will inconvenience some of our guests.

Until further notice, all ships in the Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. fleet will adopt these health screening protocols:

1. Regardless of nationality, any guest or crewmember traveling from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau less than 15 days prior to their sailing will be unable to board any of our ships.
  2. Any guests holding a Chinese, Hong Kong, or Macau passport, regardless of when they were there last, will not be allowed to board our ships.
  3. Any guest or crewmember that has been in contact (which the CDC defines as 6 feet or 2 meters) with someone that has traveled from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau less than 15 days.           
  4. Additionally, there will be mandatory specialized health screenings performed on:
    • Guests who are unsure if they have been in contact with individuals who have traveled from, to or through mainland China or Hong Kong in the past 15 days;
    • Guests who report feeling unwell or demonstrate any flu-like symptoms;
    • Any guest presenting with fever or low blood oximetry in the specialized health screening will be denied boarding.

If you or someone in your stateroom has traveled or been in close contact with someone that has traveled from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, or Macau within 15 days of sailing departure, or is a passport holder of China, Hong Kong, or Macau, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately, or contact us at 1-800-256-6649 or visit www.RoyalCaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

We take this very seriously and have a responsibility to maintain a safe and healthy environment onboard our ships, as well as in the ports we visit.

Onboard our ships, we continue to take numerous proactive steps to maintain high health standards. This includes:

• Thoroughly sanitizing the cruise ship terminal before and after every sailing,
  • Special sanitizing of high traffic areas onboard multiple times a day,
  • Adding extra medical staff on each sailing, 
  • Providing complimentary consultations with medical experts for all guests & crew,  
  • Plus, the Captain will make two daily announcements during your cruise reminding everyone of how to stay healthy onboard.

We are committed to giving you an update every hour on the hour, starting at noon EST. Please go to www.RoyalCaribbean.com/AnthemUpdates for our updates. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we ensure your safety and wellbeing.

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean

©2020 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

• Like 1

This letter is a tad more comforting than what has been publicized. I wondered why the ship (with passengers) wasn't being quarantined until they had results, but if they are pretty sure... based on test results, that the passenger(s) has influenza... then I can see why they felt it was low risk.. I was looking at the timeline for the Diamond Princess... it looks like the elderly man did go to mainland china for a few hours on Jan 10... he then flew to Tokyo on Jan 17 ...on Jan 19 he developed a cough... he boarded the ship on Jan 20... on Jan 25th he left the ship in Hong Kong and did not return.... He went to a doctor on Jan 30th and on Feb 3rd the ship was quarantined. So passengers on the ship were exposed to a symptomatic passenger between Jan 20 and the 25th.  Feb 4th it was reported that 10 people had the virus. What is difficult is having this virus and the regular flu virus circulating at the same time. DH has asthma and I can just see the looks we will get when he clears his throat on our next cruise...next month.

• Like 2

Any guests holding a Chinese, Hong Kong, or Macau passport, regardless of when they were there last, will not be allowed to board our ships

So if i was from Hong Kong originally but living in the US and hadnt been back there or to any of the other countries mentioned  for the sake of argument lets  say 9 years i wouldn't be able to board any Royal Ship at this time?

I sincerely hope for any one in that situation they are giving a full refund and not just a fcc.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

In abundance of caution and while we wait to receive the conclusive test results from the CDC, we will set sail tomorrow at 5:00 PM EST, from Cape Liberty, New Jersey. Boarding will begin at 1:00 PM EST. As a result of our late start, we’ll arrive in Orlando at 2:00 PM, instead of 7:00 AM, and we’ll remain in port until 9:30 PM. We’re sorry for this last-minute change, but hope you can appreciate and understand that we’ve made these changes to ensure we keep you and everyone on our ships healthy, even though both the CDC & U.S. Coast Guard have cleared our ship to sail! Please see below our revised itinerary.

Day

Date

Port

Arrive

Depart

Fri

2/7/20

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

Sat

2/8/20

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

5:00 PM

Sun

2/9/20

Cruising

Mon

2/10/20

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

2:00 PM

9:30 PM

Tue

2/11/20

Perfect Day At CocoCay

9:30 AM

6:00 PM

Wed

2/12/20

Nassau, Bahamas

7:00 AM

11:00 PM

Thu

2/13/20

Cruising

Fri

2/14/20

Cruising

Sat

2/15/20

Cape Liberty, New Jersey

6:00 AM

Any pre-booked Royal Caribbean shore excursions for Orlando will be automatically rescheduled for you. If we’re unable to reschedule them, you’ll receive a refund for the amount paid as a credit to your Onboard Account. Additionally, you’ll receive the following for our delayed departure:

• 1-day refund to your Onboard Account in the form of an onboard credit for the day missed.
  • A pro-rated credit, if you pre-purchased any packages such as: beverage, internet, or dining.

These credits will be added to your Onboard Account and once you’re onboard, you can use these credits anywhere onboard. If your spending doesn’t reach this amount you’ll receive any remaining funds as a refund to your card 3 - 5 business days after the sailing.

If you are local, we ask that you please stay at home and make your way to the cruise terminal tomorrow. If you flew in, we’ll assist you with hotel accommodations up to $200 USD per stateroom. Please send your receipts to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for reimbursement.

Thanks again for your patience, understanding, and cooperation. Health, safety, and comfort - first! And, we look forward to seeing you tomorrow for a great cruise! The team onboard is awesome and excited to welcome you!

We will have another update in an hour - if it’s a significant update, we will email you. Otherwise, please check our dedicated Anthem page at www.RoyalCaribbean.com/AnthemUpdates.

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

Royal Caribbean

Royal Caribbean

©2020 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships' registry: The Bahamas.
Royal Caribbean International
1050 Caribbean Way
Miami, FL 33132 USA

• Like 1

Sorry sour grapes here. I feel RCCL is very slow to give out any information. Before I am blasted let me give examples. Hurricane to hit galveston area, and day before hurricane RCCL says yes we are still sailing. Come or loose your money. Then cruise is cancelled. I was on grandeur Nov cruise affected by weather. Someone getting married on cruise knew itinary and change days before everyone else thru rccl wedding planner. We did not recieve anything til morning of boarding. These are just 2 examples of slow communication. Royal does not give us enough time to make alternate plans. 

They knew they had sick passenger's way before they docked. They should have had an aggressive plan in place before docking. I believe the $ comes before the passengers and the inconviences they cause. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Cruiselover0426 said:

Royal Caribbean is paying for a hotel for tonight for friends of ours that are on the cruise that is supposed to leave today.  I think that is awesome.  Better safe than sorry and even though they do not have to Royal is going an extra step to take care of their loyal passengers.

How did they get a free hotel?  We had to pay for another day!  They’re not doing anything for us.  Thank goodness we didn’t leave our hotel this morning until we received confirmation that we weren’t sailing.

Edited by sellwingri