they dont know i'm booked..sigh

luckyinpa

why can we send an automated car across the country but not fix this. i get email about my specific cruise date saying that i looked at that date but i havent booked yet.  (i realize when you check pricing 10x a day you get the emails). it says so go and book but i booked last week. a minor thing to be sure but wish the marketing dept talked to the booking dept. makes them look bad

Do you log in when looking at pricing?

If so, consider looking at pricing without doing so, that may solve the issue for you, as it did for me...

Because then, there is no way for X to know what you were looking at or pricing.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

It could definitely be done but it’s one of those things where the squeeze isn’t worth the juice when it comes to the cost and effort to make it happen from a systems perspective. The cost to send a potentially obsolete email is way less expensive than developing the means to ensure you aren’t getting that email after you have booked. Just delete it and enjoy your cruise...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

why can we send an automated car across the country but not fix this. i get email about my specific cruise date saying that i looked at that date but i havent booked yet.  (i realize when you check pricing 10x a day you get the emails). it says so go and book but i booked last week. a minor thing to be sure but wish the marketing dept talked to the booking dept. makes them look bad

Did you put your new reservation into the My Celebrity,

Unless you use an Incognito window when checking pricing you'll get the follow up emails asking you to complete your booking after you check pricing. The reason you'll get those emails even after you've booked a specific cruise is you could be checking to book another cabin on that sailing for family or friends. To avoid them, use Incognito when checking (or shopping in general).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

I use open an incognito window when checking pricing. I'll check my state and senior rate but not use my captain's club number.

Are you using incognito because you think X means X rated  😱🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

Just delete the Email. 

5 hours ago, dkjretired said:

Did you put your new reservation into the My Celebrity,

nope but soon as my TA booked it i went i with the intent of doing so...it was already in there! i guess they matched up my name and it was automatically in there. color me impressed

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow... I've been checking various rates with mock bookings many times a day and don't get any e-mails.  I'm logged in and not using VPN or Incognito.   I must not be SPECIAL like the rest of you.  

register for NCL. you will get even MORE emails then. 

i know even if you arent logged in they have the coookies too

Just a suggestion on this topic .

Even after I book , from time to time I check our cruise to see if there is a price change that I can take advantage of prior to final payment date .  On a cruise a few years ago I noticed that our cabin was available for purchase .

Somehow between the transfer from Celebrity to our TA an error was made and it took " weeks " to straighten it out . 

Sounds simple, but, it wasn't .

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Just a suggestion on this topic .

Even after I book , from time to time I check our cruise to see if there is a price change that I can take advantage of prior to final payment date .  On a cruise a few years ago I noticed that our cabin was available for purchase .

Somehow between the transfer from Celebrity to our TA an error was made and it took " weeks " to straighten it out . 

Sounds simple, but, it wasn't .

errors like this is how i got my free upgrade. i snagged a room, with my TA, that wasnt supposed to be inventory. someone else dropped the ball. my gain. so they got the room they wanted and i can try CC for free. win win. they probably offered the person that stole your cabin the same deal.