Live Trip Report - Edge 2/16-23

WrittenOnYourHeart

My friends and I leave for our Edge journey on March 29 this year so I have read this thread intently and was excited to read of your adventures each day and your experience on this ship. After hearing so much negativity from others (especially the IV haters) about the Edge, I love to soak up the positive. Thanks again for making me so excited to board!!!!

2 minutes ago, Jokerkimmie said:

My friends and I leave for our Edge journey on March 29 this year so I have read this thread intently and was excited to read of your adventures each day and your experience on this ship. After hearing so much negativity from others (especially the IV haters) about the Edge, I love to soak up the positive. Thanks again for making me so excited to board!!!!

we are on same cruise 🙂 Not much longer now!

14 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Just a quick check-in to say I am safely home and trying to prepare for reentry tomorrow. I will finish updating and give my final thoughts by Wednesday!

I did not know you returned to FTL for the next sailing!!!! 😁

By Wednesday, we expect an update on how this sailing is different than the last... LOL

bon voyage

5 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I did not know you returned to FTL for the next sailing!!!! 😁

By Wednesday, we expect an update on how this sailing is different than the last... LOL

bon voyage

Ha!! I wish!!!! But no, back at school sitting at my desk and getting ready for the kiddos.

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ha!! I wish!!!! But no, back at school sitting at my desk and getting ready for the kiddos.

LOL, it could be a 'class trip' for sure...

That would be fun, especially in the Camp At Sea while you are off skydiving again...

Welcome home and bon voyage

• Like 1

Just now, Bo1953 said:

LOL, it could be a 'class trip' for sure...

That would be fun, especially in the Camp At Sea while you are off skydiving again...

Welcome home and bon voyage

Thank you!! 

And don't think I'm not considering jumps again in 2021 and 2022 since my Apex cruises both hit Key West. 🙂 

• Haha 2

I recommended earlier in a post about seeing Danny Smart in one of his live performances but haven’t seen mention of whether or not you had a chance to take it in. Just wondering if you did go to one or not. 

Glad you had a great time and made it home safely. Thanks again for a wonderful review!

11 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

I recommended earlier in a post about seeing Danny Smart in one of his live performances but haven’t seen mention of whether or not you had a chance to take it in. Just wondering if you did go to one or not. 

Glad you had a great time and made it home safely. Thanks again for a wonderful review!

Other than shows, I'm not one to sit and chill for a complete set, but I caught bits of his sets. He was very good. 🙂

1 minute ago, Cruise a holic said:

We didn’t like eden.  The food wasn’t good and menu so limited.  The wait staff was acting silly and invasive.  We will be on the edge in less then three weeks again and will not go to eden again 

my opinion and perhaps others like that type of shtick

I did not see any servers doing “schtick” - they explained the menu, yes. But nothing silly or invasive that I saw. Perhaps they have changed since you went.

I found my food excellent - and as for limited, that is the type of restaurant it is. I would never choose to spend money on the steakhouse as I can go to a steakhouse on land. I cannot have the Eden experience on land.

Now LPC to me seems full of schtick and silliness - and extremely limited menu, especially if you want your food to “match”. And yet it and the steakhouse were 100% sold out on my sailing.

Different strokes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, woldridge said:

Have to wonder how clean the floor is that these entertainers are having to roll around on! 🤔

I’d assume as clean as anywhere else on the ship. You did notice they are no longer barefoot, so that complaint was obviously heard.

Most dancers are very used to being on the floor, so I am sure they have their self-cleaning routines.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I did not see any servers doing “schtick” - they explained the menu, yes. But nothing silly or invasive that I saw. Perhaps they have changed since you went.

I found my food excellent - and as for limited, that is the type of restaurant it is. I would never choose to spend money on the steakhouse as I can go to a steakhouse on land. I cannot have the Eden experience on land.

Now LPC to me seems full of schtick and silliness - and extremely limited menu, especially if you want your food to “match”. And yet it and the steakhouse were 100% sold out on my sailing.

Different strokes.

The lady told us she was from a “weird” place.  She was talking like a baby!  She was wearing a costume.  I was on the ship new years week last  year.  Hopefully it has improved!   Maybe we will try again if not disney meets avitar

12 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The lady told us she was from a “weird” place.  She was talking like a baby!  She was wearing a costume.  I was on the ship new years week last  year.  Hopefully it has improved!   Maybe we will try again if not disney meets avitar

My servers were servers. Period.

Completely different than anyone in the show. They do come into the restaurant, but while I was there it was just the 2 guys in my video. They only interacted if you engaged them. Nothing was forced.

(And as for “Disney meets Avatar, Pandora is my favorite land in Animal Kingdom, so that is so far from an insult in my world.)

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1