Women's Formal Night Shoes

e71465

4 hours ago, frantic36 said:

The good news was they found the problem and fixed it and he is resting in hospital but feeling much better. At 62yo it has been a bit of a shock especially being fairly fit.

First thing he told me when I saw him was that he had checked with the doctor and we can get back to cruising in the next month. He just wants to put his glad rags on methinks. 

Great news!!!!!!!!:classic_biggrin:

5 hours ago, frantic36 said:

The good news was they found the problem and fixed it and he is resting in hospital but feeling much better. At 62yo it has been a bit of a shock especially being fairly fit.

First thing he told me when I saw him was that he had checked with the doctor and we can get back to cruising in the next month. He just wants to put his glad rags on methinks. 

About a year and a half ago my doctor found a heart murmur during a routine exam.  She did an EKG and it was abnormal and then after an echo and a nuclear stress test I was sent for an angiogram. I had one partially blocked artery and they put in a stent.  I was told all my other arteries were clear like a 20 year old!  But I never felt any symptoms before or after and doing well! 
The only downside were the bruises from taking the blood thinners that have to be taken for a year after a stent...but otherwise I feel good!
Glad your hubby is doing better!!

On 2/11/2020 at 1:26 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

They would only turn you away if you were barefoot...and then someone would have to look down and see your feet.

I bring 2 pairs of shoes on a cruise: a pair of black "running" shoes and a pair of black sandals. I wear them with whatever (formal night or not).

I guess I was "seeing things"... and multiple times at that. Maybe it depends on who the "gatekeepers"

are that night. Running shoes and possibly your black sandals are not flip flops. I was just answering

the OP's concern from first hand experience.

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

About a year and a half ago my doctor found a heart murmur during a routine exam.  She did an EKG and it was abnormal and then after an echo and a nuclear stress test I was sent for an angiogram. I had one partially blocked artery and they put in a stent.  I was told all my other arteries were clear like a 20 year old!  But I never felt any symptoms before or after and doing well! 
The only downside were the bruises from taking the blood thinners that have to be taken for a year after a stent...but otherwise I feel good!
Glad your hubby is doing better!!

Thanks for the feedback suzy.

I am sorry to go off topic again but suzy's mention of an abnormal EKG prompts me. My husband's was normal as was his blood test so even though initially they monitored him overnight hospital but the emergency consultant there dismissed it as gastric indigestion. Luckily the Cardiology registrar suggested we follow up with our own doctor and and a cardio perfusion test because he was concerned a youngish fit guy was getting arm & jaw pain on exertion.

With the tests and seeing the cardiologist then angiogram it took two weeks because the main concern was chest pain on exertion. The angiogram showed 99% block in one artery. It was a heart attack waiting to happen. Lucky the cardio registrar had given Keith GTN spray and told him to take it if he got pain and follow up with everything. 

Moral of story fit people don't get weak and in pain for no reason so it needs to be thoroughly checked.

It is Valentines Day here and I am looking forward to having my Valentine home today.

Julie

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

Thanks for the feedback suzy.

I am sorry to go off topic again but suzy's mention of an abnormal EKG prompts me. My husband's was normal as was his blood test so even though initially they monitored him overnight hospital but the emergency consultant there dismissed it as gastric indigestion. Luckily the Cardiology registrar suggested we follow up with our own doctor and and a cardio perfusion test because he was concerned a youngish fit guy was getting arm & jaw pain on exertion.

With the tests and seeing the cardiologist then angiogram it took two weeks because the main concern was chest pain on exertion. The angiogram showed 99% block in one artery. It was a heart attack waiting to happen. Lucky the cardio registrar had given Keith GTN spray and told him to take it if he got pain and follow up with everything. 

Moral of story fit people don't get weak and in pain for no reason so it needs to be thoroughly checked.

It is Valentines Day here and I am looking forward to having my Valentine home today.

Julie

Happy Endings!!  This is why we have to keep our annual appointments!  
Thank God we have good doctors!!!  💝

17 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Julie, a 99% blockage? Sounds like he would need a an angioplasty to open up that artery!

Angioplasty and stent. It was just the one coronary artery thankfully. The Cardiologist told him he was lucky he was pretty fit or it could have been a much worse result.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frantic36 said:

Angioplasty and stent. It was just the one coronary artery thankfully. The Cardiologist told him he was lucky he was pretty fit or it could have been a much worse result.

OH.... OK....he did have them.  And so glad they worked and he will be ok:classic_biggrin:

On 2/12/2020 at 5:25 PM, frantic36 said:

Thank you. I hope so as well or at least they can fix it so he isn't so tired. It is frustrating for him who is normally fit to feel so weak.

I apologise for being tetchy. No excuses but little sleep and stress does that to me.

Julie

No excuse needed.  We all get stressed from time to time and "take it out" on the closest thing.  I did it last year when I was so very sick and was just stressed from being so sick.  I even got booted off of CC for a week.   

Just take care of your man!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

No excuse needed.  We all get stressed from time to time and "take it out" on the closest thing.  I did it last year when I was so very sick and was just stressed from being so sick.  I even got booted off of CC for a week.   

Just take care of your man!

Thank you slider girl. His home now and we are both much happier.

• Like 1

i've  been suffering with plantar fasciitis, and practically the only shoes that don't cause me pain are my keen sandals, so i wear those.  i have an all black pain, and no one has ever said a thing to me.  i do have some voinic sandals for this next cruise, good arch and heel support and are likely more traditionally acceptable.

7 hours ago, vampiress said:

i've  been suffering with plantar fasciitis, and practically the only shoes that don't cause me pain are my keen sandals, so i wear those.  i have an all black pain, and no one has ever said a thing to me.  i do have some voinic sandals for this next cruise, good arch and heel support and are likely more traditionally acceptable.

I had Planter a couple of years ago...…..you have my empathy!!!!!!!  I actually changed out 99% of my shoes at that

time. I have ALOT of Vionics……..the arch support is AWESOME:classic_smile:.  There are quite a few brands nowadays that

help in that area......wear what helps you most!

15 hours ago, vampiress said:

I also have plantar fasciitis.  I wear Sketches slip on style shoe.

On 2/12/2020 at 4:08 PM, RocketMan275 said:

Actually, it wasn't tongue in check.  Try asking a man what shoes his wife wore the previous evening.

Women would like to believe men notice their shoes because women like buying shoes.  Not for men, but to maintain their status with other women.

Try asking a woman what someone wore last night.

Ladies, my Amazon package arrived yesterday and let me tell you. These are the BEST sandals I have ever worn! Not only are the cute but they are VERY comfortable!! I highly recommend this shoe to wear with dresses or even jeans. They made me feel like I was wearing tennis shoes!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e71465 said:

Ladies, my Amazon package arrived yesterday and let me tell you. These are the BEST sandals I have ever worn! Not only are the cute but they are VERY comfortable!! I highly recommend this shoe to wear with dresses or even jeans. They made me feel like I was wearing tennis shoes!

Hi, which sandals are they? Is there a photo on this thread?

Yes, it's the sandals I posted above. They are A M A Z I N G!  I honestly cleaned house in them today. I thought needed to wear them a while to break them in but they didn't need breaking in. They are just comfortable!! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, e71465 said:

Yes, it's the sandals I posted above. They are A M A Z I N G!  I honestly cleaned house in them today. I thought needed to wear them a while to break them in but they didn't need breaking in. They are just comfortable!! 

Agree!!
Thanks for the suggestion!!

Edited by suzyed

On 2/13/2020 at 11:01 PM, vampiress said:

Wear what doesn't hurt your feet and support them.   No reason to cowtow to "fashion" when you need to take care of your feet.  

• Like 2

IMG_3430.jpg.f088edc7a40c36506d29d0a101ee7507.jpg

These are my formal shoes. Vibram V-souls. They look like ballet slippers. Just last week on Harmony I was complemented by the hostess working Wonderland as she was warning me to be careful walking down the stairs and then looked at my feet and realized...You're wearing Vibrams!

I won't wear something that doesn't make me feel sure footed on a ship. I can't do heels and I prefer to do zero drop...these have been the best blending in shoes with my dressier outfits. As I said, from a distance, they really look like a derivative of ballet slippers.

Here's what it they look like on me...

IMG-20200113-202437.jpg

Edited by Anita Latte
  • Like 3

Just now, Lois R said:

Do they have any arch support? Doesn't look like it from the picture.

The strap across the shoe snugs them to your feet so it is like being barefoot with a bit of help at the arch...but no, not traditional arch support. The fact that they are zero drop is very helpful for arch support though because the ball of your toe and your heel are on the same level, your arch is stronger.