Coronavirus

7 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

To clarify that is Discovery 1, Discovery 2 is due to reposition from Jamaica to Naples on 21st April and at this time Marella are saying it is still happening, yeah right!

There are no cruises now listed leaving anywhere for the whole of April.

Our Agreement for Marella Cruise and TUI River Cruise holidays booked from 17/03/20 to 31/05/20

If We Cancel Your Holiday 

If we cancel your holiday, except where it’s because you haven’t paid or you have been disruptive, you can have a refund or accept a replacement holiday from us of a similar standard and price if we can offer you one. We’ll also pay the compensation shown below (unless we have cancelled because of one of the reasons listed in ‘Events Beyond Our Control’ or where you haven’t paid) and we’ll refund the difference if the replacement holiday is of a lower price.

Events Beyond Our Control – Examples of events beyond our control are: war, threat of war, riots, civil disturbances, terrorist activity or its consequences, industrial disputes, any failure to secure relevant flying rights, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, health risks, unavoidable and unforeseeable technical problems with transport, closed or congested airports or ports, actual or potential severe weather conditions, the imposition of sanctions or other Governmental action and any other similar events.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDuckUK said:

There are no cruises now listed leaving anywhere for the whole of April.

Marella have emailed me to say at this time the cruise is planned to go ahead and we should continue preparing as though it is.

I have to say it is a bit of a joke. I do understand they under a tremendous workload but come on just be real and say it is cancelled and they are dealing with refunds in order of sailing date and then everyone would know where they were.

Yep....Marella still insisting our May cruise still going ahead. Leaving Naples and visiting 3 other Italian locations. Unless a miracle happens, Italy is not going to be open for tourism in 6 weeks time! And I don’t believe in miracles. I agree that Marella should just come clean and cancel all cruises until June earliest. And process refunds. Then at least we could set about cancelling our flights, hotels and the rest of the associated costs (airport parking, dog sitter) that we have booked independently for this trip. Leaving people dangling is just not on.

• Like 1

I don't think TUI believe they will be cruising until Autumn at the earliest but their computer wont be able to cope with total cancellations so they are doing it in stages

Be patient they will be cancelled and refunded in chronological order. If you were going you wouldn't have the money in your bank and you'll get it back before you were due to go

1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

I don't think TUI believe they will be cruising until Autumn at the earliest but their computer wont be able to cope with total cancellations so they are doing it in stages

Be patient they will be cancelled and refunded in chronological order. If you were going you wouldn't have the money in your bank and you'll get it back before you were due to go

It is not about being impatient, it is about being real and not sending out emails saying the holiday is on (sailing 21st April). I have other bookings connected to this that I need to cancel but won’t get a refund unless the cruise is cancelled.

So so sad especially as he and the crew had all had tests and didn't have covid19 and to be refused hospital treatment

Dream has been sailing about without passengers for at least a month so if they had cases it would be known. And to make them leave British Gibraltan waters What's that all about? How are they going to infect people from anchorage Everyone is getting more and more desperately worried now but I do hope that the poor man can be flown home to his family eventually

I know Gavin Carroll CD was still on the ship on Tuesday as per his Facebook page but not sure about the entertainment team but they and the rest of the crew must be terribly upset and wondering when they will get home

Even though cancellations could overloads the systems and workload it should be relatively easier to suspend the payment deadlines/auto cancellation for cruises/holidays.

Then people can just wait or transfer without having to pay more money. 

13 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

So so sad especially as he and the crew had all had tests and didn't have covid19 and to be refused hospital treatment

Dream has been sailing about without passengers for at least a month so if they had cases it would be known. And to make them leave British Gibraltan waters What's that all about? How are they going to infect people from anchorage Everyone is getting more and more desperately worried now but I do hope that the poor man can be flown home to his family eventually

I know Gavin Carroll CD was still on the ship on Tuesday as per his Facebook page but not sure about the entertainment team but they and the rest of the crew must be terribly upset and wondering when they will get home

V - I think you meant without passengers for the last 2 weeks. We disembarked the Dream in Malaga Sun 15th March, due to Spains lockdown, and flew home along with the rest of the passengers onboard.

A great crew onboard the Dream, so friendly, and so sad whats happened

Edited by howmuch!

22 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

What is your date of travel? Ours was the 6th and today was the last day we had to cancel otherwise they would cancel for us and we would lose all monies paid including the deposit. If yours is later than the 6th the cut off is 70 days prior to travel so you would have more time. Good luck 🤞 

Hi PC.

How did you get on Did you lose your deposit or did TUI do the right thing and give you a bit more time.?

Keep well.

21 minutes ago, Brummijam said:

Hi PC.

How did you get on Did you lose your deposit or did TUI do the right thing and give you a bit more time.?

Keep well.

Hi BJ hope all well with you and yours, they did give us extra time but not enough so have forfeited deposit, wasn't happy about committing another £4.5k on the hope I would get it back. 

If they do as promised we will not be too unhappy sorry can't say anymore at the moment just waiting a BACS 😉

Don't know how you feel but I can't see any ports accepting ships for a long while. Keep safe. 

3 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Hi BJ hope all well with you and yours, they did give us extra time but not enough so have forfeited deposit, wasn't happy about committing another £4.5k on the hope I would get it back. 

If they do as promised we will not be too unhappy sorry can't say anymore at the moment just waiting a BACS 😉

Don't know how you feel but I can't see any ports accepting ships for a long while. Keep safe. 

Sorry to hear you have had to lose your deposit.😒 But if you are reasonably pleased with the outcome whatever it is that's good news. We are still awaiting a refund for a trip that they had to cancel but not holding our breath for a rapid outcome.

I think cruising will be a distant memory unfortunately, even when it starts up again people like us (Mature or with underlying health problems) may well be excluded or priced out with insurance costs.😞 look on the bright side I suppose there's lots of the UK I haven't seen yet.😉

keep well, 👍

We are (or in reality were) due to leave from Corfu on Fri 5th June on Explorer.

Thought I would check our reservation (booking on TUI site) to see if some sort of message would appear with an update.

I was surprised to find that I could reserve our flight seats for £11 each.

How lucky am I   .......    :-( 

5 minutes ago, Essex_uk said:

We are (or in reality were) due to leave from Corfu on Fri 5th June on Explorer.

Thought I would check our reservation (booking on TUI site) to see if some sort of message would appear with an update.

I was surprised to find that I could reserve our flight seats for £11 each.

How lucky am I   .......    😞

I’m (was) due to go on 21st and I have received an email to state everything is going ahead unchanged! 
No idea how as I have to fly to Jamaica ( that’s a no go) the fly back from Naples Italy! Love them to arrange that.

I think all the Marella passengers have been fairly fortunate, thank goodness.

I've been reading the HAL forum about the Zandaam and Rotterdam, it's been a nightmare for them and still continues. Zandaam had  been to south America and refused entry at several ports, several people got sick and I believe 4 died. HAL decided to move the well passengers to another ship mid ocean and then both ships were to cut through the Panama Canal to Florida. Panama refused entry but eventually let the ships through overnight. They are now on their way to Florida but so far no port has agreed to take them. Talk of getting Trump involved. It's harrowing reading, there are Americans, Canadians and Brits on board.  I really pray this ends well for all.

20 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I’m (was) due to go on 21st and I have received an email to state everything is going ahead unchanged! 
No idea how as I have to fly to Jamaica ( that’s a no go) the fly back from Naples Italy! Love them to arrange that.

You're lucky, at least you have an email.

We're due to fly to Tenerife on 17 April and sail on Explorer via Las Palmas, Gibraltar, Spain, Italy and France before arriving in Corfu on 5 April for the start of the summer season's cruising.

We haven't heard a peep from them and can't get an answer on any numbers I have or they are willing to give out.

Also due to go on 20 June on Discovery and want to cancel and happily lose deposit, but again no number will answer.

Been trying since 14 March without any success.  In the over 70s bracket.  Don't want another holiday.  Just want a refund for the first cruise and cancel the second.  Don't think the admin would take as long as rearranging the booking

Rant over

Keep safe  and well everyone. 

They put all the well passengers on one ship and the sick ones on the other Rotterdam down as going to Port Everglades and Zaandam going to Cl sai - no idea what port that is I watched the tenders going backwards and forwards between the ships for two days at anchor off Panama and as you say they sailed through the canal overnight What a nightmare for the passengers I hope they all keep safe