Loyalty Program Update?

CA Oceanfront

6 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

All Platinum Plus members get free WiFi regardless of cabin category. Isn’t that new?

It's confirmation that the benefit contained within the internet trial that I reported in my recent post from Journey now seems permanent, which is welcome news. Even here Azamara blundered at the start by offering the same 50% discount off an unlimited package for Discoverer, Plus and Platinum. I'd like to think that views expressed on this forum made them reconsider. I'm assuming it's 75% discount for Discoverer Plus.  It was brought in at the same time as enhancements offered solely to suite occupants. 

Phil 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, laurieb said:

I for one am happy that we’ll now have more than one bag of laundry a week.  We’ve all been complaining about that for a very long time.  Geesh it’s a move in the right direction

As someone else has pointed out though, this is only of benefit to those booking a suite or Veranda Plus cabin so most won't be able to take advantage of it.

I still think it's crazy the normal benefit is per stateroom rather than per loyalty member. It makes no sense. This has been mentioned many times here and on the ships, but Azamara certainly aren't listening to that. 

Phil 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sovilav01 said:

They removed $300 OBC when you book onboard during first half of the cruise. In small caracters, it's written  [ Guests will receive a US$200 onboard credit (OBC) per stateroom, which will be applied to the future cruise ], they don't say a word about $300., disappointing!

I wouldn't read too much into that. It's difficult to find reference to $300 on the website now. I suspect it will still be offered as an incentive (along with occasional doubling of the onboard booking discount promotions). 

They've now increased the discount offered to the lowest tier by 1%. I think this is more about creating an extra headline to be honest.  These things suggest to me that they are struggling with onboard booking numbers. I'm not surprised. 

I really hate to be so cynical. I am not by nature, but can see this for what it is. 

Phil 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aussie travel bird said:

I always though that the extra $100 making it $300 obc was if you booked in the first half of the cruise (at the discretion of the LCV Manager), I could be wrong.

Yes, $300 for booking in the first half of the cruise, or $200 for booking in the second half of the cruise.

4 hours ago, sovilav01 said:

See link on post 55

Yes it does say $200 in the small print.

But, did you check the link in post #74, which quite clearly states :

"$200 USD Onboard Credit

(or $300 if you book during the first half of the voyage)"

We will clarify in a few weeks time on board.

Edited by Baynanno1

This does nothing to encourage me to book, we have been Discoverer Plus for several years ( before any free nights so never got anything then either) and are never likely to move any higher.

We usually book a Balcony and have never had a suite, we have nothing booked and only more sensible pricing will persuade me to book in the future.

• Like 2

The only people I know are people who are travel agents or travel sometimes on Interline discounts 

I suspect it’s US centric release timing 

Edited by uktog

3 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Yes it does say $200 in the small print.

But, did you check the link in post #74, which quite clearly states :

"$200 USD Onboard Credit

(or $300 if you book during the first half of the voyage)"

We will clarify in a few weeks time on board.

Yes, you’re right, it’s been posted after mine, good to keep it!

Being Discoverer Plus its an improvement for us.  Sometimes we book a suite so that helps as well.  Would be nice if was per member instead of stateroom.  Additionally, would liked to have seen an extra bag of laundry after seven nights instead of having to be on14 night cruise to get and additional bag.  Hard to go 13 nights for 2 persons on 1 bag of laundry. 

Regardless, it is better than what was it.  

Art

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Yes ours has just arrived but the link still takes you to the existing LCV page, obviously update in progress.

Same here not the most impressive start!

Attention to detail??????

We’re thrilled to announce a few changes to our loyalty program, including a name change - Le Club Voyage (LCV) will now be Azamara Circle.

The change comes as we further deepen our commitment to Destination Immersion – Azamara Club Cruises transformed into the all-encompassing Azamara, signifying a bold expansion beyond the sea.

As we continue to grow, we’re excited to simultaneously evolve our loyalty program with a new name and a few enhancements to our benefits based on our loyalty guests valuable feedback.

For more information on all the enhanced loyalty changes, please CLICK HERE!

Edited by BBMacLaird
Fixed the link...my bad

Loyalty? New benefits only add if you book veranda plus or higher. That is not loyalty.   As discoverer plus, I cannot see any benefit for me. It just seems like an added internet if you book veranda plus or suite.  When I first sailed on Azamara, I got same benefits as Celebrity..240 internet minutes and 2 free bags of laundry pp.  veranda plus is a new category with a few adders. Looks like a way to charge more for verandas.  Not feeling any value in loyalty for people who book less than veranda plus. The announcement of new benefits for loyalty doesn’t offer me any incentive to rebook. I have no future Azamara cruises booked. I had hoped the announcement of new loyalty might be good. This loyalty change sends a clear message. Loyalty is not important unless you book up.  Why be loyal?

5 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

We’re thrilled to announce a few changes to our loyalty program, including a name change - Le Club Voyage (LCV) will now be Azamara Circle.

The change comes as we further deepen our commitment to Destination Immersion – Azamara Club Cruises transformed into the all-encompassing Azamara, signifying a bold expansion beyond the sea.

As we continue to grow, we’re excited to simultaneously evolve our loyalty program with a new name and a few enhancements to our benefits based on our loyalty guests valuable feedback.

For more information on all the enhanced loyalty changes, please CLICK HERE!

As with the email the link goes to the old pages.  When will there be an update, thanks

Received the "big" news just now.  Those who haven't yet received it are not missing much.  From what I can tell, the few changes have already previously been noted on this thread.

Much ado about nothing unless you book a Veranda Plus or Suite with minutiae for Platinum members.  Everything else at upper levels seems not to have improved.

Example:  Two Discover Plus members in the same stateroom on a 13-day voyage will still have to cram both of their laundry into one tiny bag once only.  Good reason to book a suite or Plus... I think not.  

Huge disappointment for many loyalists after all the anticipation.