Panorama LIVE - Feb 29th - Mexican Riviera +Vegas +Hollywood

Saint Greg

Just now, Saint Greg said:

Yeah. I’m not sure if they just put everyone on cheers or if it’s just cheers people on cheers but I’m just paying tax+tip.

We are in a holding pattern here too. Not feeling confident about being able to board today. Thank you for your updates. 

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Lol, its hard to keep up

Ya, no kidding!!  It's scary and funny and frustrating and sad all at the same time... and I can't stop watching all the updates on here!  It's better than a good hockey game with all of the play-by-plays!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Somebody on FB just posted they opened rooms back up to everyone.  Not good. 

Yeah I’ve been back in my room for a couple hours. But I just dropped my luggage off I’m trying not to use anything in it. In room movies are free. They also started returning checked luggage a couple hours ago.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

Just now, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I’ve been back in my room for a couple hours. But I just dropped my luggage off I’m trying not to use anything in it. They also started returned checked luggage a couple hours ago.

That cannot be good

• Like 3

I wonder what their plans are for the inbound Imagination due to dock early tomorrow?  If the Panorama is still in LB at that time maybe they could use the Princess docks in San Pedro?  I know no one here knows, I’m just thinking out loud. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah I’ve been back in my room for a couple hours. But I just dropped my luggage off I’m trying not to use anything in it. In room movies are free. They also started returning checked luggage a couple hours ago.

The checked luggage piece is alarming....

Sounds like you might not be getting off this evening?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oumagic said:

What a mess today has been. We have been up 12 hours and the in-laws are struggling. I know the situation is not Carnival’s fault, but I can’t help but think they should have had much better communication throughout. We have been sitting in a parking lot in Anaheim for hours waiting for them to cancel the cruise or tell us if/when we will board. So much misinformation and no solid answers from anyone. We have asked our travel agent for advice and she called Carnival and can’t get answers. My mother-in-law is handicapped and we can’t just keep roaming around. No way we can turn around and head home at this point. We can’t rent a hotel because they keep acting like we are actually still leaving tonight. I am not blaming anyone and know it could be worse, just venting at this point.

I certainly understand your frustrations, but what else can Carnival communicate?  They don't know.  CDC is running the show now.  According to previous information, it's going to be at least a couple more hours (after 6pm pst) before they know something.  Then, they have to start disembarking the guests, then clean, then start the boarding process.  I hate to say it, but my guess is it will be another four or five hours before you can arrive at the terminal, if at all tonight.  I agree with a previous poster, grab a hotel room.  Even if you don't stay there for the night, at least you have someplace comfortable to rest for a few hours.  I wish you well and hope your mother-in-law is doing OK.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

unless they were returning bags that people left laying around? But I know I bags sitting outside of people’s rooms.

4 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

You only have to go back a few pages to get caught up. 

Yeah, three threads, flipping back and forth, finding something waiting on a reply, answer it move back up repeat.  

• Like 3

Thank you for the updates.  I hope all aboard are safe and get answers soon. 

I don't think taking temps prior to boarding will help. the virus can lie dormant for so long people can board without a symptom,  spread it and then get sick the next day. I don't know what the answer is. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Perhaps.  But then again, maybe they're just doing this as it's been a long day and some folks may want to change clothes, or forgot to pack their medications in their carry-on, etc.  

I just read this. I'm wondering if Panorama is the ship in question here?? For those who won't read it, Pence has stated that a cruise ship is having crew tested that had perviously been on the Diamond Princess and/or Grand Princess. The article says he didn't reveal what ship it was.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/07/politics/mike-pence-cruise-ship-crew-coronavirus/index.html

1 minute ago, fdwt994 said:

Perhaps.  But then again, maybe they're just doing this as it's been a long day and some folks may want to change clothes, or forgot to pack their medications in their carry-on, etc.  

But the luggage collection and sorting is a huge operation. If it has been returned then it will need to be recollected and sorted before guests can disembark. That's an additional several hours of work/delay. If they anticipated them getting off in the next few hours, there is no way they would have touched checked bags. At least, that's my opinion.

• Like 7

Just now, bahacca said:

I just read this. I'm wondering if Panorama is the ship in question here?? For those who won't read it, Pence has stated that a cruise ship is having crew tested that had perviously been on the Diamond Princess and/or Grand Princess. The article says he didn't reveal what ship it was.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/07/politics/mike-pence-cruise-ship-crew-coronavirus/index.html

No. It's already been confirmed that it's the Royal Princess that had a crew member from the Grand.

• Like 3

Just now, bahacca said:

It's Royal Princess

• Like 1