RCL Share Price

Moby Jones

2 hours ago, Moby Jones said:

Well they closed yesterday at $65.01 an apparent 5 year low. 

Can they fall much further before people start to see the long term value? 

We have a ways to go before it hits bottom:  what that is no one knows,  but 65 is not it.  Any one that says they know the bottom is just guessing.  Might as well be throwing darts as they are just as accurate at predicting the bottom.

On 2/26/2020 at 2:05 PM, Denny01 said:

Buy Buy Buy!! This is coming from a guy who was sooooo sure Ford would recover big time after it dropped from 100+ to 40 or so........I ended up selling at 8. Oh well, Always good to take investment advice from me.

Now that I posted that, no one really knows the bottom but I’m watching and will buy in when it stabilizes. I’ll miss the actual bottom, but that’s the way it is. Its an interesting stock. I bought it back in 2009 for the 100 share deal. I won’t say how much since its not important, except to me. My advisor told me that stock was too risky, but I bought in anyway because of the OBC deals. A year later, my advisor bought in and Not for the OBC. 

Den

Den'

Let me give you some FREE advice when the VIRUS get control put all your money in this stock.😀

Edited by verizon

53 minutes ago, verizon said:

You get a better price to at 60😀

Didnt go for it, to much volatility at this point.  Shifted a lot of things out of market for now.  Only kept a few long term plays I have had for ages, ie Pepsi, Altria, and a few others but most is sitting cash or moving to bonds at this point.  No idea what the low would be at this point since it is still such a fluid situation.   

$55 this morning...we saw what was happening weeks ago and sold all cruise/airline stock with full intention to buy when they are on sale, a fabulous decision we made back in 2008 too, Apple has paid for a lot of fun the last decade!

These are all quality companies that are getting hit with unknown consequences of a virus, no doubt they will recover in my mind but its nice, we're buying low and selling high, an infrequent pleasure!

Btw, we had already rebought 100 shares for OBC on an April TA but that cruise will likely be cancelled, too much unknown with port and zero desire for quarantine overseas!

So BUY BUY BUY at some point, the OBC alone is worth it for us but again, all these cruiselines are quality buys, just not at the moment while the rug gets yanked out from underneath them.

38 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Sub $50; currently $47.84.  BTW, is it true that you can buy the stock and sell it at anytime but you still received the shareholder OBC?

You have to show proof.  I would assume they would want that dated within a certain time frame.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Sub $50; currently $47.84.  BTW, is it true that you can buy the stock and sell it at anytime but you still received the shareholder OBC?

41 minutes ago, isdoo said:

You have to show proof.  I would assume they would want that dated within a certain time frame.

When I owned RCCL stock I had to submit written proof as isdoo stated- dated to indicate I still owned 100 shares.

I do plan on re-purchasing shares if the price reverts to below what I paid in 2009.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, verizon said:

Can someone please post here when is safe to get in?

Thanks in Advance.

No one can answer this for you. It's safe whenever you are comfortable, and can financially tolerate the possible risks. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sippican said:

No one can answer this for you. It's safe whenever you are comfortable, and can financially tolerate the possible risks. 

Similar to the pricing game when we are booking our cruises.

• Like 1

The US Government (state dept, NIH) is officially telling people not to cruise.  Media is playing it up.  Also showing video of empty airports. Many have a need to fly, no one has a need to cruise.  Airline stocks getting crushed just like cruise lines.  Recommend waiting for airline traffic and airline stocks to stabilize and show signs of recovery before considering cruise stocks 

Wow, from $135 in January to under $60.  
if it RCL drops to sub$10 I’m buying $100 share for each of my kids.  

Bough mine in the mid$20’s in 2011 or 2012, don’t remember.  Have only gotten the OBC once, but sure have liked the dividend!  My latest three cruises all denied the OBC.  Maybe the 21-22 cruises will get the OBC.

As for people leaving the company, Virgin has been heavily recruiting.  For others?  Ran into a drink waitress at Cafe Al Bacio who came from Costa and said Celebrity was way better in terms of money and culture.

7 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

When I owned RCCL stock I had to submit written proof as isdoo stated- dated to indicate I still owned 100 shares.

I do plan on re-purchasing shares if the price reverts to below what I paid in 2009.

Thanks, I found the info within the FAQ:

1)  Copy of your shareholder proxy card or

2)  A current (60-90 days) brokerage statement or

3)  A current (30-60 days) trade confirmation or

4)  A letter from your broker on broker related letterhead showing proof of share ownership in Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd

Once you receive the the trade confirmation within the time-frame noted above and submit it, you are free to sell the stock assuming you don't want to hold it.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf