RCL Share Price

Moby Jones

RCI is in a much worse place this time than in 2008-2009.   While they have been building ships nearly yearly, at that time they weren’t in the middle of a major amplification, they only had two ships in order, Oasis and Allure,  and had a much smaller fleet.  I do not remember their liquidity situation back then,  but it was almost assuredly better than it is now and they had to have had less debt given they had notably less new massive ships on build or just built.

It will be interesting if they can weather this storm.  They just have to hold on long enough for Coronavirus to clear up.  How long that is... who knows.

1 hour ago, Moby Jones said:

Indeed...

"... Over the last three years, Royal Caribbean has paid out $1.8 billion in dividends and has spent $900 million on buybacks.

The company would’ve had enough rainy-day funds to survive a downturn; instead, management decided to spend it on avenues that would enrich themselves.

Moreover, Royal Caribbean is registered in Liberia, a known tax haven. The company doesn’t pay the U.S. government any tax, so the chance of getting a bailout from American taxpayers is near zero. ... "

So it's either the end of the line or a downgrade to pinksheets for RCL. Maybe that shareholder bonus will be very affordable quite soon! 😄

1 hour ago, Fly and Sail said:

Indeed...

"... Over the last three years, Royal Caribbean has paid out $1.8 billion in dividends and has spent $900 million on buybacks.

The company would’ve had enough rainy-day funds to survive a downturn; instead, management decided to spend it on avenues that would enrich themselves.

Moreover, Royal Caribbean is registered in Liberia, a known tax haven. The company doesn’t pay the U.S. government any tax, so the chance of getting a bailout from American taxpayers is near zero. ... "

So it's either the end of the line or a downgrade to pinksheets for RCL. Maybe that shareholder bonus will be very affordable quite soon! 😄

At the end of each of these articles it says "Advertisement" which makes me wonder.  

Looks like RCL finished today at $30.26.  That is down 78% from its YTD high of $135.05 on January 17th.  The $3.12 Dividend is probably on its way out quite soon and maybe the $100 OBC for shareholders since at this price the $100 is roughly equivalent to the annual dividend if you only own 100 shares.  Covid-19 must be contained in order to get the markets back on track.  We (USA) need to take some real action to stop the spread even if it means some short term pain to us financially or ability to move around at will doing whatever we want to do.

8 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Looks like RCL finished today at $30.26.  That is down 78% from its YTD high of $135.05 on January 17th.  The $3.12 Dividend is probably on its way out quite soon and maybe the $100 OBC for shareholders since at this price the $100 is roughly equivalent to the annual dividend if you only own 100 shares.  Covid-19 must be contained in order to get the markets back on track.  We (USA) need to take some real action to stop the spread even if it means some short term pain to us financially or ability to move around at will doing whatever we want to do.

The low was $19.01. Hope the poster who said he'd buy at 33 reevaluated.

RCL's low today $29.10

CCL's low today, $14.70

NCLH's low today, $9.76

Possibilities for the free fall to continue:

Port bans such as Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Caribbean nations, etc

Expanded travel bans

Extended travel bans

Government mandating ships invest in more medical staff/Covid19 testing/other related equipment; this is probably inevitable

Ceasing all cruise operations holding company wide; this is also probably inevitable

On 3/11/2020 at 4:12 PM, rimmit said:

Yeah, Eclipse is now scheduled to sail from San Diego to Vancouver rather than Seattle, and the Seattle to Vancouver is canceled.

On 3/11/2020 at 3:43 PM, TMLAalum said:

Put in for 100 shares at $29 w/ mid-June expiry. We shall see...

Placed a limit order for 100 shares at $30 on Monday when the price was around $55 - exercised today.

Also placed a limit order for 100 shares of CCL then at $11 on Monday - closed at little under $15 today.

If they don't go bankrupt, will be a good investment in the long run; to me worth the risk.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yorky said:

Many people around the world are dying from this and posters are talking about making a profit on shares.

Yes people are dying,  and it is awful. The Coronavirus has nearly halted all aspects of life as we know it.  

All aspects but bills.   The Coronavirus  was not virulent enough to halt my bills.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Placed a limit order for 100 shares at $30 on Monday when the price was around $55 - exercised today.

Also placed a limit order for 100 shares of CCL then at $11 on Monday - closed at little under $15 today.

If they don't go bankrupt, will be a good investment in the long run; to me worth the risk.

Saw that low was $29.01 yesterday after I changed my order to $19. 

I would rather that RCL, CCL & NCL stay afloat regardless of whether I get a good stock deal. 

• Like 2

Well I just logged into my share dealing account to take a look at the live RCL price and found that it and Carnival shares are currently suspended from trading. Anyone know why? 

EDIT Back to normal now???

Edited by Moby Jones

7 hours ago, yorky said:

Many people around the world are dying from this and posters are talking about making a profit on shares.

I own shares and am thinking of buying more. Please say a prayer for me.

38 minutes ago, morfred said:

I own shares and am thinking of buying more. Please say a prayer for me.

I think some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. This really is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Maybe you could have a word with those suffering and let them know it’s ok because your are doing well out of the situation.

Edited by yorky

22 minutes ago, yorky said:

I think some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves. This really is scraping the bottom of the barrel. Maybe you could have a word with those suffering and let them know it’s ok because your are doing well out of the situation.

This is a topic about RCL stock. If you do not want to talk about share price please find something that interests you. (And say a prayer for me again)

Edited by morfred
  • Like 1

I really wonder if RCL and Celebrity really have a crisis management plan? There plan should have been developed a long time ago and implemented as soon as the current crisis was apparent. They should have been ahead of the story and not let the story become guesses and rumors. A really effective plan might provide a cushion for the stock price. Now there is uncertainty about itineraries, compensation and future plans. I feel that the note from your doctor will hurt bookings, since some will simply choose to cancel rather than see a doctor, if they have one. Or, really people who could jeopardize others will simple forge a signature. Higher cruise prices will simply drive potential passengers away. All this will negatively impact the stock price as price really reflects future confidence. I would urge the management to level with the public about their plans and keep those booked in the loop. 

A final thought: Respond on Cruise Critic. You could clarify mistatments, answer questions, or simply inform.

Edited by Life Buoy

1 hour ago, morfred said:

This is a topic about RCL stock. If you do not want to talk about share price please find something that interests you. (And say a prayer for me again)

No this is a cruise forum, not a financial advice forum. 

1 hour ago, Lindagop said:

Sorry. What....

What are you struggling to understand ? My point was pretty clear, I find it amazing posters on this thread can’t see how hugely insensitive it is. While many people around the world have either lost loved ones or are about to people are taking about the right time to buy shares in order to make a profit. 

Edited by yorky

5 minutes ago, yorky said:

No this is a cruise forum, not a financial advice forum. 

That's a very naive statement indeed. There are many, many regular cruises who are also stockholders. So they have a vested interest in the financial performance of RCL group. Why on earth would they not discuss significant changes to the share price of a cruise line they have vested interest in on a sub forum dedicated to Celebrity cruises?

The share price and shareholder benefits which are very real to those taking cruises on RCL ships have been discussed on this very forum for many years yet I don't recall people whinging about it then? 

• Like 2