RCL Share Price

Moby Jones

24 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

That supposed ban was mentioned by a reporter.  Adam Goldstein (CLIA president & former RCCI vice chairman) did not confirm it was part of package of proposals given to Pence by cruise lines.  But he didn't deny it either.

Correct, but you could see on his face that was in the proposal.

Thinking about doing a put on Jun 19th 2020 at $25.  Worst case I have to buy RCL at at $25 for 100 shares.

Edited by josh.vincent.180

Lots of ships have left with lots of passengers since the corona virus appeared. What lines other than Princess have there been cases?  Has there been a case on Celebrity? Betting odds are good that there will be more cases on other lines, but for now: "the only thing we need to fear, is fear itself".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, josh.vincent.180 said:

CNBC right now, The CRUISE line policy submitted to the White House is BANNING ALL cruisers over 70 and anyone with a health issue. 

Not official yet but its coming soon.

Where did this post come from.  I can find no reference.  Please cite.

Yesterday Trump's said the administration going to help the cruise industries.

Now I know what they mean just to discourage people over 70 from cruising.

In future Holland America will be sailing half full if  I predicted right.

Edited by verizon

Sold my strike at 47, and took half my about half of my initial bet off and rolled it down to a $22.50 put strike for June 19th.

Does short cover here at $40? IDK?

My new gamble is on the fact that imo Vancouver and Seattle will shut down cruise port.  Alaska cruises start at end of April.

So I'm a newbie at buying stock, but even before this significant downturn, we had talked about buying RCI stock - mainly for the OBC - so only purchasing 100 shares.   I have an online bank webbroker account set up and have been studying tutorials on how to set up and buy/sell etc, so I'm just wanting to learn from what you are saying...but I know its my mind to make up and no one has a crystal ball!   It sounds like folks are expecting the stock to go below $40 and some have set up a "buy now" somewhere around the $32 or less mark with an "expiry date" on that buy figure to late June - is that correct?  I was feeling like I was ready to buy the 100 shares, but it seems like those with more experience feel it will go much lower?  Thanks for any insights/opinions!

5 minutes ago, skatie said:

I was feeling like I was ready to buy the 100 shares, but it seems like those with more experience feel it will go much lower?  Thanks for any insights/opinions!

I have been watching this stock since 2009 and the one thing I’ve learned is that the stock market is predictably unpredictable.  

Any advice on these forums is complete speculation and flipping a coin would be just as accurate.

That being said,  I sold out about two weeks ago, and have been in and out shorting since. I am currently in a short position and waiting a while to close it.  When I close it out I will Buy back in.  Historically,  this stock takes a major bearing in a shaky market. And was as low as $5 back in 2009.

Given your newbie status to the market the one piece of advice I will give you is to not put anything in the market that you are not willing to lose completely as there are no guarantees in the stock market.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, skatie said:

So I'm a newbie at buying stock, but even before this significant downturn, we had talked about buying RCI stock - mainly for the OBC - so only purchasing 100 shares.   I have an online bank webbroker account set up and have been studying tutorials on how to set up and buy/sell etc, so I'm just wanting to learn from what you are saying...but I know its my mind to make up and no one has a crystal ball!   It sounds like folks are expecting the stock to go below $40 and some have set up a "buy now" somewhere around the $32 or less mark with an "expiry date" on that buy figure to late June - is that correct?  I was feeling like I was ready to buy the 100 shares, but it seems like those with more experience feel it will go much lower?  Thanks for any insights/opinions!

I really wouldn't buy a stock because of its associated shareholder benefits. That could be very costly indeed. You should focus on the return (growth and dividends). 

Its funny to read so many people on here thinking they know what the market will do and what a "good price is"

Here is a tip for first timers - NOBODY can predict what this stock or any stock is going to do. It could very easily go back to 60 as it could to 30. So dont take the advice of anyone who thinks they can foresee things that will affect the price. That isnt how the market works. In fact the market often responds in an opposing direction

Buy at a price you feel comfortable with and dont think you or anyone can predict the future because you cant.

Edited by XuGator
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, XuGator said:

Its funny to read so many people on here thinking they know what the market will do and what a "good price is"

Here is a tip for first timers - NOBODY can predict what this stock or any stock is going to do. It could very easily go back to 60 as it could to 30. So dont take the advice of anyone who thinks they can foresee things that will affect the price. That isnt how the market works. In fact the market often responds in an opposing direction

Buy at a price you feel comfortable with and dont think you or anyone can predict the future because you cant.

Its not going back to $60 until COVID is cured.  $30 maybe a bit low, but again if you think differently take the call strike against me.  THIS IS BLACK SWAN - all beats are off.

I would not buy RCL stock based on cruise credits unless you treat it like a dividend and figure 5 years at 8 cruises a year and thus buy 100 shares at $40 makes sense.

DONT RISK MORE THAN YOU ARE AFRAID TO LOSE, cause as unlikely as you think bankruptcy is, IT IS in play here with Debt ratio.  I dont think we go there but nobody knows.

Edited by josh.vincent.180
  • Like 4

No worries here folks, I'm just trying to absorb everyone's insights - I will buy when I'm ready to buy but I like to hear what others are doing.  History shows that this stock over the long term (could be very long, but thats ok) will rebound, but yes, I can afford to lose the money associated with 100 shares so all good.   Thanks for the opinions!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josh.vincent.180 said:

Sold my strike at 47, and took half my about half of my initial bet off and rolled it down to a $22.50 put strike for June 19th.

Does short cover here at $40? IDK?

My new gamble is on the fact that imo Vancouver and Seattle will shut down cruise port.  Alaska cruises start at end of April.

Very likely there will be no sailing from these two ports

8 minutes ago, skatie said:

No worries here folks, I'm just trying to absorb everyone's insights - I will buy when I'm ready to buy but I like to hear what others are doing.  History shows that this stock over the long term (could be very long, but thats ok) will rebound, but yes, I can afford to lose the money associated with 100 shares so all good.   Thanks for the opinions!

I don't know how LOW it will goes but i can tell you that is safe to buy when you see Coronavirus  is under control.

• Like 2