RCL Share Price

Moby Jones

3 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

In the case of RCL, they paid out $163,000,000 in dividends the first quarter this year. That equates to $652,000,000 per year. Until the eliminate the dividend and suspend the stock owner obc, giving them a bail out would be a joke.

Barrons comment on cruise lines being left out of proposed stimulus:

Multiple Democratic lawmakers say it makes little sense to bail out an industry that doesn't pay most of the applicable U.S. taxes and is not subject to more strict U.S. employment and regulatory requirements, according to Roll Call, a news organization that covers Capitol Hill.

"They aren't American," Rep. Peter DeFazio, an Oregon Democrat and chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, told Roll Call. "They don't pay taxes in the United States of America."

20 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Multiple Democratic lawmakers say it makes little sense to bail out an industry that doesn't pay most of the applicable U.S. taxes and is not subject to more strict U.S. employment and regulatory requirements, according to Roll Call, a news organization that covers Capitol Hill.

"They aren't American," Rep. Peter DeFazio, an Oregon Democrat and chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, told Roll Call. "They don't pay taxes in the United States of America."

That’s what we’ve been saying on here for a while.  Glad they saw it the same way.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 1:58 PM, morfred said:

I think that THIS is a good buying opportunity. Airline stocks, Rcl and other well run companies that have taken a beating are going to  rebound as soon as this scare is over. Remember not one US citizen has died.

RE:  Remember not one US citizen has died.--- CHECK YOUR FACTS!

20 minutes ago, Baron Barracuda said:

They do pay some taxes as they usually have corporate offices and call centers in southern FL.  60+ corporations on the S&P500 do not pay any federal taxes in the US.  The administration did already say they'll provide some cruise ship assistance, might not find out what that is until a later time.

39 minutes ago, josh.vincent.180 said:

If you go back and read some of my posts $25 was support after $40 broke.  We are opening there.

Next is $7

Where it was in 2009.  

Can't believe the number of people who thought this was a screaming buy at ~$40.

Edited by ECCruise

13 minutes ago, SusieV said:

For those of us who might be inexperienced and want to eventually buy stock... how would someone actually do that? I don't have a broker.

You will need a broker to purchase.   Best if you select a discount broker like Robin Hood,  Charles Schwab, etc.   They now do not charge commission on equity trade.   Once you open an account (that can be done online) you then need to fund you account (deposit money into it).    You can then purchase by internet or telephone call.

Having said that -  there are a couple ways to buy without a broker if you happen to be an employee using a SPP, dividend re-investment, or other employee benefits.

Edited by Jim_Iain

IMHO this stock worth pennies 

The virus just started  and we are now in the 1st. inning.

It just fall too fast in a very short period.

Few days ago I was saying I will get in at $20.00 but now I have to revise the stock price.

9 minutes ago, verizon said:

IMHO this stock worth pennies 

The virus just started  and we are now in the 1st. inning.

It just fall too fast in a very short period.

Few days ago I was saying I will get in at $20.00 but now I have to revise the stock price.

Thanks for the info verizon.

I was looking for info in general on purchasing stocks. I realize the stock will go lower, but also just wanted to know how to best go about this if/when I do decide to purchase.

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

You will need a broker to purchase.   Best if you select a discount broker like Robin Hood,  Charles Schwab, etc.   They now do not charge commission on equity trade.   Once you open an account (that can be done online) you then need to fund you account (deposit money into it).    You can then purchase by internet or telephone call.

Having said that -  there are a couple ways to buy without a broker if you happen to be an employee using a SPP, dividend re-investment, or other employee benefits.

Appreciate the info Jim_lain. As I'm from Canada, I don't know that we have access to Charles Schwab. We actually have access to a lot fewer things than our southern neighbours. 🙁.

6 minutes ago, oceancrusin said:

Thanks for the info verizon.

I was looking for info in general on purchasing stocks. I realize the stock will go lower, but also just wanted to know how to best go about this if/when I do decide to purchase.

Appreciate the info Jim_lain. As I'm from Canada, I don't know that we have access to Charles Schwab. We actually have access to a lot fewer things than our southern neighbours. 🙁.

Many brokers have online capabilities and charge no commission. Do a search to find out what's available to you. Invest "with your head not your heart".I've substituted "invest" for "bet", but at these times in particular the two terms are interchangeable.

Edited by Life Buoy