RCL Share Price

Moby Jones

18 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Man, if you are looking to get into equity investments, this sure is one NOT to start on.  Even at $20/share.

Maybe 5 or 10 dollars a share but only money that you can afford to lose. 

1 hour ago, oceancrusin said:

Thanks for the info verizon.

I was looking for info in general on purchasing stocks. I realize the stock will go lower, but also just wanted to know how to best go about this if/when I do decide to purchase.

Appreciate the info Jim_lain. As I'm from Canada, I don't know that we have access to Charles Schwab. We actually have access to a lot fewer things than our southern neighbours. 🙁.

No insult intended but by your questions I would be very cautious of getting into the market until you increase your knowledge of how markets work and investment risks.  There are risks and right now there is a lot of hypes out there.   Be cautious and understand your risks by doing some research like just googling on "how to buy stock"    "Risks of buying Stocks". 

BTW -  as simple search of Google -  "Is Schwab available in Canada"

San Francisco-based discount and Internet brokerage Charles Schwab Corp. continued its Canadian push yesterday with the opening of offices in Vancouver and Montreal, its fourth and fifth in this country. The new offices join Schwab's first Canadian branch, opened in Toronto last November.

1 hour ago, morfred said:

Maybe 5 or 10 dollars a share but only money that you can afford to lose. 

I may buy a 100 shares when/if it goes below 10 bucks, just for the OBC..then they'll suspend that offer.  You can thank me later.   🙂

21 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I may buy a 100 shares when/if it goes below 10 bucks, just for the OBC..then they'll suspend that offer.  You can thank me later.   🙂

That is what I'm doing for my kids.  We already set an alert in TD Ameritrade for $10 per share to see what happens.  

Scary that it is now under $20 per share.  

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

No insult intended but by your questions I would be very cautious of getting into the market until you increase your knowledge of how markets work and investment risks.  There are risks and right now there is a lot of hypes out there.   Be cautious and understand your risks by doing some research like just googling on "how to buy stock"    "Risks of buying Stocks". 

BTW -  as simple search of Google -  "Is Schwab available in Canada"

San Francisco-based discount and Internet brokerage Charles Schwab Corp. continued its Canadian push yesterday with the opening of offices in Vancouver and Montreal, its fourth and fifth in this country. The new offices join Schwab's first Canadian branch, opened in Toronto last November.

It's all good Jim, and I appreciate your honesty. It's nice to know that you seem concerned, even though you don't know me.

I wouldn't, and don't plan on jumping into anything without doing further research.

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

The benefit might go away if problems continue. 

Edited by Orator

In light of this horrible economic downturn I wonder if the CC level perks will be severely cut or go away entirely.  X certainly won't be giving away revenue producing perks, eg, internet or Premium Bev packages until they are profitable again.

i just looked at the 10K Filing.  Mr Fein owns 1,000,000 shs and Mr Wilheim 25 mil shares of RCL.

Imagine losing (unrealized) $120 a share in a few weeks on such huge holdings.

One has to feel badly for them.

Lets pray for a quick recovery.

2 minutes ago, spencerdrivecruiser said:

In light of this horrible economic downturn I wonder if the CC level perks will be severely cut or go away entirely.  X certainly won't be giving away revenue producing perks, eg, internet or Premium Bev packages until they are profitable again.

i just looked at the 10K Filing.  Mr Fein owns 1,000,000 shs and Mr Wilheim 25 mil shares of RCL.

Imagine losing (unrealized) $120 a share in a few weeks on such huge holdings.

One has to feel badly for them.

Lets pray for a quick recovery.

I trust you said that with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek. First, the Perks are not free, they are built into the price. Second, I don’t know exactly how the shares were obtained. Some were likely issued as part of a compensation plan and may have cost them nothing. Others may have been options where they purchased them at favorable prices. Unless they sell them at a loss they have lost nothing. If you must feel sorry for someone, feel for the small time investor that bought them at their high point. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

I trust you said that with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek. First, the Perks are not free, they are built into the price. Second, I don’t know exactly how the shares were obtained. Some were likely issued as part of a compensation plan and may have cost them nothing. Others may have been options where they purchased them at favorable prices. Unless they sell them at a loss they have lost nothing. If you must feel sorry for someone, feel for the small time investor that bought them at their high point. 

Referring to CC Elite Plus and Zenith Perks.  Zero costs to those at that level.  Surmising if they will be cut entirely or be reduced.  Nothing stated about the Go Better, Best or built in perks in my posting. 

Edited by spencerdrivecruiser

3 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Not just the shareholder benefit but the $3.12 dividend is certainly at risk for the short term. 

It's not even "at risk." It's definitely not going to continue at that amount, and I would expect will be entirely suspended.

11 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Am I alone in thinking that Boeing may be a better travel play?

It's quite different to compare, and also still fairly expensive (likely because it has less risk in some respects).

Edited by The_Big_M

8 minutes ago, spencerdrivecruiser said:

Referring to CC Elite Plus and Zenith Perks.  Zero costs to those at that level.  Surmising if they will be cut entirely or be reduced.  Nothing stated about the Go Better, Best or built in perks in my posting. 

The Captains Club Perks are a minimal cost to X.  Cutting back on those would not be a way to encourage current loyal customers to stick with Celebrity once cruising gets back to normal. There is a long way to go once cruising restarts. Long time customers are their best friend right now.

If the Edge series of ships was intended to create a new market with new cruisers, this suspension will make at least some of them question the if cruising is a smart, safe choice. 

Are you you still feeling sorry for the top executives?

Of course I have empathy for them.  Imagine losing $110,000,000 of worth in two weeks time?

i dont care what they paid per share with options and or incentives (bonuses).  Bottom line was their RCL holdings dropped by an unthinkable amount.  I am sure LLP is hurting too.

My guess is the Captain Club Perks will be diminished.  Before this crisis it was obvious that the loyal cruises were not catered to as much as the suite guests and the newbie cruisers. I doubt the marketing model will change.  As I write this, the Dow futures are down 850.  When will this bleeding stop?

25 minutes ago, spencerdrivecruiser said:

Of course I have empathy for them.  Imagine losing $110,000,000 of worth in two weeks time?

i dont care what they paid per share with options and or incentives (bonuses).  Bottom line was their RCL holdings dropped by an unthinkable amount.  I am sure LLP is hurting too.

My guess is the Captain Club Perks will be diminished.  Before this crisis it was obvious that the loyal cruises were not catered to as much as the suite guests and the newbie cruisers. I doubt the marketing model will change.  As I write this, the Dow futures are down 850.  When will this bleeding stop?

R Fein and LLP were part of the Executive team that decided to pay Billion$$$ in Dividends and to spend almost a billion on stock buybacks instead of keeping cash on hand for an emergency.  They decided that debt was soo cheap, they couldn't resist loading up on more and more, while they gave away the cash they had to shareholders and Insiders/Executives.

Stock Buybacks are a scam that should never be allowed.  The US Government has already committed to pumping over $1.5 Trillion in to this market and it barely makes a difference.  This situation IS unprecedented, but IF LLP and Fein et al had planned for a rainy day and had not gotten greedy chasing a higher and higher artificially inflated stock price, they wouldn't be as damaged as they are right now.  It would still be a bloodbath, but one they could, maybe, survive.

These ships are Foreign Flagged, if the US Government wants to help travel agents, Corporate employees based in Florida or elsewhere in the US, taxi drivers, port workers, US tour operators contracted by the cruiselines, that's no problem, but giving US tax dollars to Foreign Corporations while so many Americans are, and will be, suffering would be criminal.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

This situation IS unprecedented, but IF LLP and Fein et al had planned for a rainy day and had not gotten greedy chasing a higher and higher artificially inflated stock price, they wouldn't be as damaged as they are right now.  It would still be a bloodbath, but one they could, maybe, survive.

I was waiting for the first expert finger pointers...

You do realize that RF and LLP merely did what shareholders (so probably you and me) expected them to do and applauded by driving the share price higher and higher. As long as it worked we were all happy and full of praise. In this unpredictable situation it´s: they should have done differently... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

The Captains Club Perks are a minimal cost to X.  Cutting back on those would not be a way to encourage current loyal customers to stick with Celebrity once cruising gets back to normal. There is a long way to go once cruising restarts. Long time customers are their best friend right now.

If the Edge series of ships was intended to create a new market with new cruisers, this suspension will make at least some of them question the if cruising is a smart, safe choice. 

Are you you still feeling sorry for the top executives?

I totally agree with you the best way to recover fast from the bottom is to revise their Loyalty Program.

If they add another tier between Elite and Zenith that will encourage a lot of Elite members to cruise more to the next level. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

R Fein and LLP were part of the Executive team that decided to pay Billion$$$ in Dividends and to spend almost a billion on stock buybacks instead of keeping cash on hand for an emergency.  They decided that debt was soo cheap, they couldn't resist loading up on more and more, while they gave away the cash they had to shareholders and Insiders/Executives.

Stock Buybacks are a scam that should never be allowed.  The US Government has already committed to pumping over $1.5 Trillion in to this market and it barely makes a difference.  This situation IS unprecedented, but IF LLP and Fein et al had planned for a rainy day and had not gotten greedy chasing a higher and higher artificially inflated stock price, they wouldn't be as damaged as they are right now.  It would still be a bloodbath, but one they could, maybe, survive.

These ships are Foreign Flagged, if the US Government wants to help travel agents, Corporate employees based in Florida or elsewhere in the US, taxi drivers, port workers, US tour operators contracted by the cruiselines, that's no problem, but giving US tax dollars to Foreign Corporations while so many Americans are, and will be, suffering would be criminal.   

This.  Every word of this.

And smart investors, instead of cheering numskull profit chasing motives and chortling over their increased share price, would have seen this coming.  Greed is an awful thing.

It was so obvious to many that a losing strategy was in full force.Unfettered building of new inventory.  Repeatedly returning to the debt well and depleting cash reserves. Somehow everyone seemed to forget that economies are cyclical, the same cluelessness that brought the 2007/8 meltdown.  Partying like things will never change.

Did anyone realistically expect that it would be a pandemic that would crush the market?  Maybe not.  But not learning from the past dooms any future thinking.

And no, I am not the tiniest bit upset that high profile executives have gotten an extensive fiscal haircut.  Especially when I see employees and crew all over the world taking a much more extensive hit. 

9 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

Oh so true!  Now more than ever, Celebrity will need to pander to their loyal customers.  I'm not sure what that looks like yet, but I would be very surprised if they cut back on the Captain's Club perks.  I don't see the booking perks going away either...after all, we pay for them in our cruise fare.  What I see being impacted the most is the OBC offered by Celebrity and the TA's.  Our TA has a great partnership with Celebrity and we usually manage $1000 just from them, and it's refundable so if we don't use it, it's like getting a reduced cruise fare rate.  I see this being significantly reduced until revenue bounces back.  In order for revenue to bounce back, they need their repeat customers.