⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

6 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Good to know, but Jet2 has turned flights back mid air as per BBC news. 

That would make sense. As they are a low cost carrier and not a regular scheduled carrier, their passengers could have been stuck in Spain. They must have had passengers waiting in Spain to fly home and hopefully they have some sort of aggreement with other carriers to get their passengers home. 

1 hour ago, GMoney said:

Your cruise isn't canceled?

Cases have been confirmed in PR, STX, STM, Jamaica, Martinique, Aruba.

We are finishing up our 7 day cruise on Freedom. Passengers who had booked B2B ere told yesterday that their cruise is canceled and they must disembark tomorrow. 

51 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Re: the Allure amping....wonder what they're going to do with all of the materials that they have already staged - water slides, etc. ?  It seems as if they would have already paid for all of the materials and they would already be in place in Cadiz.  To me it doesn't seem to make sense not to install it at this point.  I suspect that this has more to do with lack of labor than with an attempt to save money.

I suspect the labor cost is as much as or much more than the cost of materials.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Good point, but Iberia/BA still appears to be flying from MAD to LHR.

Jet2 and Tui are the only airlines who have cancelled UK to Spain and Islands so far.

Spanish govt announcement imminent which will changes things.

US are about to announce UK is added to Europe ban

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

It's ok to be worried, just no need to panic.  Since you have been out of town, more than likely you did not have an opportunity to stock up on any item prior to sailing.  If your DIL has been doing this for you while out of town, well, bless her heart, for one thing.  But, either she or another family member can just leave those items outside the door for you to grab once she has left the area.  You may need to take advantage of places like Instacart and Amazon to get additional food items in the house.  They are also implementing policies to just leave items at the door, no need to sign.  Unfortunately, a big issue is toilet paper since everyone felt the need to stockpile enough for a year it seems.

For the pup, Chewy is an excellent source for pet food and delivery is usually very quick.

Just relax, take a breath, and try not to get too overwhelmed.  Very easy to do with all the media reporting.  You got this!  😊

Thanks! DH is laughing because he likes to be well stocked on toilet paper throughout the winter months because we have been snowed in for 2 weeks before. And I told DH I am worried about all this so he reminded me we are still on a cruise andgot me a lava flow. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Re: the Allure amping....wonder what they're going to do with all of the materials that they have already staged - water slides, etc. ?  It seems as if they would have already paid for all of the materials and they would already be in place in Cadiz.  To me it doesn't seem to make sense not to install it at this point.  I suspect that this has more to do with lack of labor than with an attempt to save money.

It would sure be interesting to know the details on how this crisis is being handled. 

When they stated on Tuesday when the stock was tanking that they were cutting 2020 capital expenditures with $1.7 billion, I assumed immediately that meant the refurbishments were being cut. They had to get those exact numbers from somewhere. 

I would think they have had a team in place since at least Tuesday, if not earlier, that has been working non-stop on managing the changes. Their contact with Navantia shipyard is multi-ship and most likely had emergency clauses and as it is owned by the Spanish government was probably able to work with RCI quite quickly. 

I think the waterslides are the only USA produced material used in the Amplification and may have been on the ship. 

I would assume the other suppliers mostly from Sweden, Finland and France among others might actually be forced to take a hit on the cancelled refurbishments. 

2 minutes ago, MADflyer said:

It would sure be interesting to know the details on how this crisis is being handled. 

When they stated on Tuesday when the stock was tanking that they were cutting 2020 capital expenditures with $1.7 billion, I assumed immediately that meant the refurbishments were being cut. They had to get those exact numbers from somewhere. 

I would think they have had a team in place since at least Tuesday, if not earlier, that has been working non-stop on managing the changes. Their contact with Navantia shipyard is multi-ship and most likely had emergency clauses and as it is owned by the Spanish government was probably able to work with RCI quite quickly. 

I think the waterslides are the only USA produced material used in the Amplification and may have been on the ship. 

I would assume the other suppliers mostly from Sweden, Finland and France among others might actually be forced to take a hit on the cancelled refurbishments. 

Very interesting.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

They are doing what is best for their future right now. This is a financial disaster for  these cruise lines and it is probably not financially viable for them to invest huge amounts of money into refurbishing ships at this time.

if you don't want to sail on a non refurbished Allule then just cancel your booking.

I am one cruiser who hopes they don't do a lot of the amplification, especially the abysmal abyss. I love the diamond lounge location, so maybe it will stay.  Playmakers on the Oasis was nice, but not having it would certainly not affect the quality of my cruise experience. No sports to watch anyway.🤣  Just my thoughts.

Edited by The sea calls my name
Forgot a comment
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The sea calls my name said:

I am one cruiser who hopes they don't do a lot of the amplification, especially the abysmal abyss. I love the diamond lounge location, so maybe it will stay.  Playmakers on the Oasis was nice, but not having it would certainly not affect the quality of my cruise experience. No sports to watch anyway.🤣  Just my thoughts.

I was just on the amped Oasis. I can see where the water slides, Ultimate Abyss and flow riders are a big draw for families. I did not use any of them and they are sort of an eyesore in my opinion.

I had never been on any of the Oasis class ships before this cruise so I don't know what they looked like prior.

For me I think I would have been fine without them.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, vpat48 said:

This still does not impact US Citizens

Agreed

However, let’s say a US citizen, finds there way from Europe, then through UK, they happen to have the virus, not showing any symptoms get to the US and continue on with travels through US airports to a final destination.

I appreciate the odds of this happening might be minimal, but don’t you think someone regardless of their Citizenship status should be quarantined for 2 weeks or self isolated if they have travelled from a high risk country?

Just an opinion.

Covid-19 does not differentiate where you are from, it’s not that clever.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Agreed

However, let’s say a US citizen, finds there way from Europe, then through UK, they happen to have the virus, not showing any symptoms get to the US and continue on with travels through US airports to a final destination.

I appreciate the odds of this happening might be minimal, but don’t you think someone regardless of their Citizenship status should be quarantined for 2 weeks or self isolated if they have travelled from a high risk country?

Just an opinion.

Agree.....Self-quarantine is being recommended. Whether people will do so is the $64,000 question. My guess is some will but many won't. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Agreed

Just an opinion.

This is what's happening right now, before even adding the UK to the list.  Flying through London is not a "loophole" for US citizens to avoid self-quarantine.  If you've been in Europe and are flying to the US, even via the UK, you'll need to arrive at specific airports and will be asked to stay home for 14 days:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html

Edit: Changed my original post from "self quarantine" to "stay home for 14 days" to use the same wording as in the CDC web page...in case someone has a specific definition of what self quarantine means that does not match the CDC guidance.

image.thumb.png.34d5980c45fb554a9797bbd94ecce113.png

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Good to know, but Jet2 has turned flights back mid air as per BBC news. All their flights cancelled to Spanish mainland, balaric islands and canary islands. Maybe ba and ib will continue for a day or two 

jet2 is used for package holidays , maybe it was better to bring everyone back home than have them stranded . Everyone else who is on holiday out there will be able to complete their holidays and be repatriated as per ABTA/ATOL. 
Our 20th April river cruise has now been cancelled as of today , we will get our money back as we are covered by ABTA/ATOL even if the firm goes bust which a lot of companies will do during this crisis .