Cruise Critic not working on safari since the ‘burp’ last week???

kazu

Even since CC had the note at the top of the forum that they were working to resolve problems, I haven’t been able to get into CC on my IPad with safari.  I’ve had several roll call members reach out to me so I know I’m not alone.

This is what I was getting on my IPad with Safari:

7E52C6F6-AD1D-4104-98D9-8209087B773A.thumb.png.f116e29128d9e1ea051c0f275cfb6dbf.png

When you scroll down the stuff continues and you can’t access CC at all:

07905661-1DBC-455D-820A-29C48720A930.thumb.png.0d01de8e94d5790244d2384ad7c625de.png

I contacted CC and they advised to refresh, clear cache, browsing history, cookies, etc (all the usual stuff).  None of that worked.

It has worked for me on my laptop where I use Chrome for my search engine.  

So, today, fed up and frustrated, I downloaded Chrome to my IPad which it a PITA compared to Safari, but voila, now I can access CC on my IPad again.  

I am posting this in case it is of help to anyone who is in the same situation and also in the hopes that if there is a techie out there who knows another trick for me to do to resolve this on safari, it would be most appreciated.

I have let CC know.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I had the exact same problem but managed to fix it by going to:

—> Settings  —> Safari —> Advanced —> Website Data 

then deleting cruisecritic.com

Thanks kindly.  Didn’t seem to do the trick but I’ll reboot and then try again.

EDITED to say:  IT WORKED when I finished.

Thank you MissG 🙂❤️ 

Much appreciated and another trick learned 😉 

• Like 1

Funny thing is that om my PC it (the boards....) still does not work on Chrome. I use Edge for CC boards since last week.  Will try your Safari advice on Chrome 🙂 

Edited by MAVIP
last sentence

10 minutes ago, MAVIP said:

Funny thing is that om my PC it (the boards....) still does not work on Chrome. I use Edge for CC boards since last week.  Will try your Safari advice on Chrome 🙂 

I use Chrome on my PC.  I've had no issues with this site since the work done last week.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I use Chrome on my PC.  I've had no issues with this site since the work done last week.

I just finished cleaning my PC, of course including Chrome, with CCleaner (another CC 😉) and it works perfect again. And the Cruise Critic boards did not on Chrome since the work last week.  

3 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Having same major problem on Chrome - Windows 10!  Cannot access anything.  Using Edge to get around it for now.

Hopefully that new Windows 10 update tonight will cure it.

Funny how things are different.  On my laptop (which is Windows10) I could get in with Chrome - it was the only way I could do the Bon Voyage threads.

But, it took forever....

Chrome - Windows 10 issue -

I was having the same issue until this afternoon when I cleared my Chrome cache and all is now fine. It also fixed another problem I was having accessing another account. I was getting around both by using Edge, so hopefully this will continue working for me!

1 hour ago, MAVIP said:

Funny thing is that om my PC it (the boards....) still does not work on Chrome.

15 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Having same major problem on Chrome - Windows 10!  Cannot access anything.  Using Edge to get around it for now.

I had the same issue with Chrome on Win 10, but Chrome worked fine on a Win 8.1 PC, and Firefox worked fine on W10. Everything OK for me now, and I didn't consciously do anything to fix it.

Running Mac with Safari - Had this issue for several days, restarting & Deleting history did no good. 

I had to go into cookies and delete all the Cruise Critic Cookies - restarted safari - and ll is now good

I couldn't read CC on Chrome for several days last week (I was fine on Edge), until someone on the board suggested clearing my history. That worked fine, and I've been back to Chrome. 
This morning, similar situation on Chrome! The top banner scrolls down with every screen. At least I can change screens and read this time, but this 'new' site hasn't been improved one bit. 

47 minutes ago, RuthC said:

This morning, similar situation on Chrome! The top banner scrolls down with every screen. At least I can change screens and read this time, but this 'new' site hasn't been improved one bit. 

I’m on iPad with Safari but have noticed small changes, both yesterday and today, which involve the banner so I’m guessing it’s a work in progress.  I do admit to being a bit confused as to why this is happening in a production environment and not a test environment... but I don’t work here.

Sometimes, testers will not test everything in order to push out a software release to meet a deadline (from experience as a software tester).  

Safari on an iPad is ever so slightly different from Safari on a MacBook Pro due to the platform.   I saw a little hiccup last week with my MacBook Pro - it showed basic line-driven output before it showed the correct GUI output (what we usually see).  A little painful, but manageable.  It went away within a day or two and CC was back to normal on my MacBook.   FYI - it's a MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6 (not the most up to date) and the Safari is 13.0.4.  

Scrubbing the device of knowledge of a website sometimes does work.   A better thing would to have better, more thorough testing before releasing software.  A little fix to one thing can break other things...

• Like 1