Sports Court on Celebrity

AliceS

9 minutes ago, AliceS said:

Sad to see X take out the sports court.  So many people enjoy playing Pickelball, volleyball and basketball there.  Kids used it for soccer practice. Such a shame....

Exactly, pandering to the perceived requirements of the suite guests. To hell with the rest.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AliceS said:

Sad to see X take out the sports court.  So many people enjoy playing Pickelball, volleyball and basketball there.  Kids used it for soccer practice. Such a shame....

From which ship? I was just on Equinox & basketball was in full swing. 

• Thanks 1

Summit and Millennium still (post revolution) has the basketball court, deck 12. The Silhouette and the Equinox still (post revolution) has the basketball court, deck 15

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Summit and Millennium still (post revolution) has the basketball court, deck 12. The Silhouette and the Equinox still (post revolution) has the basketball court, deck 15

No, it was removed on Silhouette and there is a hot tub right in the middle of where it was on deck 15. Plan is to remove on all S class ships - was to happen on Equinox but didn't due to time constraints but they are going to do it.

5 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

No, it was removed on Silhouette and there is a hot tub right in the middle of where it was on deck 15. Plan is to remove on all S class ships - was to happen on Equinox but didn't due to time constraints but they are going to do it.

Great. I'm all for that! Does the Reflection still have it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Interesting. So the deck plans are wrong on Celebrity's website? Imagine that! At least I know for sure the basketball court is still on the Summit. 

Edited by davekathy

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Interesting. So the deck plans are wrong on Celebrity's website? Imagine that! At least I know for sure the basketball court is still on the Summit. 

Only if you look at the  wrong one !

deck15.jpg

14 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Only if you look at the  wrong one !

UK site is obviously different than the US site.  Possibly you're looking at the wrong one!! Have you been on the Silhouette, post revolution? 

Edited by davekathy

4 hours ago, Quimby said:

Any Pickleball still on Millenium?

Hope it is not on Summit...It is a very noisy game.. the ball strike sound can travel far and be maddening.  Best left on land or maybe if  they enclose the court.,,

17 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hope it is not on Summit...It is a very noisy game.. the ball strike sound can travel far and be maddening.  Best left on land or maybe if  they enclose the court.,,

LOL. Of all of the noises bombarding us aboard a cruise ship, pickleball is on my list just above a feather falling from my pillow and striking the carpet.

• Like 1

We usually have very quiet cabins...never been plagued by loud movies, theater noise etc,  One time there was loud music above us  on pool deck but we were able to move!

On M Class or maybe Century..,,there was a dining area in the buffet just under the basketball court where they offered a sit down tablecloth dinner served by trainees.  The  concept was great but the noise killed it!

At our Fla condo..not too many pickleballs sound like feathers...all day long!.,

20 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

LOL. Of all of the noises bombarding us aboard a cruise ship, pickleball is on my list just above a feather falling from my pillow and striking the carpet.

Beware of the feathers.  Can cause an long chain reaction. Someone might be allergic to those feathers.  Uncontrollable sneezing happens. People call security and then ship Med gets involved. The sneezing fit diagnosed as something bad and the person has to be air lifted off the ship.  The ship has to stop and helicopter comes and hovers over deck causing a racket. A simple feather and chain reaction.  

7 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Beware of the feathers.  Can cause an long chain reaction. Someone might be allergic to those feathers.  Uncontrollable sneezing happens. People call security and then ship Med gets involved. The sneezing fit diagnosed as something bad and the person has to be air lifted off the ship.  The ship has to stop and helicopter comes and hovers over deck causing a racket. A simple feather and chain reaction.  

LOL, love it! My evening laugh.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The US site has 2 sets of deck plans the pre revolution shows when you first get to the deck plans, but you can change to the post revolution plans and see that the basketball court is gone 

Got it and now see it. Thanks for the info. 

23 hours ago, davekathy said:

UK site is obviously different than the US site.  Possibly you're looking at the wrong one!! Have you been on the Silhouette, post revolution? 

Yes....sports court is gone on Silhouette.  The noise from Pickelball being played on a top court on a cruise ship will hardly travel to bother anyone on the lower decks.  The court now on Holland is used every day.  It’s great exercise and fun.  Just wanted to let like minded people know what to expect on Celebrity.  Makes a difference to me!   If you don’t care, why post here?

32 minutes ago, AliceS said:

Yes....sports court is gone on Silhouette.  The noise from Pickelball being played on a top court on a cruise ship will hardly travel to bother anyone on the lower decks.  The court now on Holland is used every day.  It’s great exercise and fun.  Just wanted to let like minded people know what to expect on Celebrity.  Makes a difference to me!   If you don’t care, why post here?

Yes, post # 15 clarified why I thought the sports court still existed on the Silhouette. I never said anything about noise from the sports court, basketball, pickleball or any other sports related activity. Pickleball playing or any other sports related activity would never bother us as we would never book a stateroom under a public area. And exactly what post did I say "I do or don't care"? Post #5,12,14 or 22? Since you quoted and are accusing me.  Thanks. 

Edited by davekathy