Arcadia world cruise - more possible itinerary changes.

Ukulele girl

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

If and when Arcadia returns to the UK, the pax  are likely to be sent to isolation  units immediately on their return.

I wonder if they know that? 

Could be a miserable trip back to the UK.

Why? The country has moved past that stage. Isolation units only work at the beginning or end of the pandemic hitting a country.

The focus will be on them self-isolating at home. Anyhow, Arcadia is essentially going to be an isolation unit as any symptoms should come out in the two weeks it takes her to return to the U.K.

6 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Why? The country has moved past that stage. Isolation units only work at the beginning or end of the pandemic hitting a country.

The focus will be on them self-isolating at home. Anyhow, Arcadia is essentially going to be an isolation unit as any symptoms should come out in the two weeks it takes her to return to the U.K.

Honestly, I dont understand how it works. I mean, ok, lets say we all stayed at home. Its a temporary action, the virus wont die by itself. Moreover, noone knows how long it will take to develop a vaccine. It might take a few months or even a few years. Staying at home doest help it lol. It might sound rediculous for some, but maybe we should get infected and make our immune system develop a vaccine itself? Just saying

35 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

The virus is already on board by the sound of things. Therefore everybody on board will need to go into quarantine the moment they get back to the UK.

29 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Honestly, I dont understand how it works. I mean, ok, lets say we all stayed at home. Its a temporary action, the virus wont die by itself. Moreover, noone knows how long it will take to develop a vaccine. It might take a few months or even a few years. Staying at home doest help it lol. It might sound rediculous for some, but maybe we should get infected and make our immune system develop a vaccine itself? Just saying

Seriously? Say you have the virus. You go out and infect 10 people, and they in turn infect another 10. So by going out you have infected 100 people, thus placing more strain on the NHS. Now do you understand?

STAY AT HOME. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

😡😡😡

STAY AT HOME PLEASE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

I'm guessing that maybe you don't live in New York State where there are already over 15,000 cases and they are facing an imminent shortage of medical supplies!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The virus is already on board by the sound of things. Therefore everybody on board will need to go into quarantine the moment they get back to the UK.

Really? The last update on heat I read was that they were clear of it on board. Eve. Do, it’s likely to be self-quarantine.

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

Actually, the virus will die by itself. After 7 days, your body should be combatting it and your immune system will handle it. You may spread it inside your house but then once you’re all 7 days clear, you should all be ok. That’s why it’s important to self isolate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I think the idea is simply to spread out people getting infected over a longer period, so that the NHS is better able to cope. Maybe there might be a couple of hundred thousand cases severe enough to requite hospitalisation, but the NHS will cope a lot better if those cases are spread over say three months rather than three weeks. (I'm assuming that most people who have to go to hospital will recover enough to be discharged after a week or two.)

1 hour ago, molecrochip said:

Really? The last update on heat I read was that they were clear of it on board. Eve. Do, it’s likely to be self-quarantine.

Doctor going on board via helicopter to check condition of patients in sick bay. No confirmation as yet to the nature of the sickness.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

I have a brother and sister in law on board so hope you're wrong there.  Surely if there was any virus on board we would have heard about it by now?  It never seems to take the press long to get hold of a story like that.

8 minutes ago, Waju said:

I have a brother and sister in law on board so hope you're wrong there.  Surely if there was any virus on board we would have heard about it by now?  It never seems to take the press long to get hold of a story like that.

Social distancing is being enforced on board, according to another forum.  Hopefully this is just being done as a precaution,  until the test results on the ill  passengers are known. 

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Social distancing is being enforced on board, according to another forum.  Hopefully this is just being done as a precaution,  until the test results on the ill  passengers are known. 

Has there been a test (or tests) taken and sent to a lab in South Africa?  There will not be facilities to test on the ship.

I looked back on this thread and did not see any reference of test(s) being taken.

6 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

According to Marine Traffic Arcadia is on the move.  The AIS shows that she is due in Durban tomorrow.  Maybe they haven't updated the AIS yet. 

Hopefully everybody is okay, and she has been re-fuelled and re-provisioned.

She sailed out to sea and now seems to be heading back towards Durban.  I wonder if she has been given permission to dock, or if there is agreement to ferry requirements to the ship.

10 minutes ago, tring said:

Has there been a test (or tests) taken and sent to a lab in South Africa?  There will not be facilities to test on the ship.

I looked back on this thread and did not see any reference of test(s) being taken.

Tests done today (23rd) and results due tomorrow (24th). Information taken from another social network. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Tests done today (23rd) and results due tomorrow (24th). Information taken from another social network. 

Thanks.  Perhaps that explains why they appear to have sailed out to sea and returning.  Perhaps hoping for the all clear and hoping to dock or will be able to load by air or sea otherwise.

Hope all is well, and will remain so if everyone has to sail back to the UK.

Edited by tring

Just had a quick look on the marine traffic website and see she is doing 10 knots but if I look at 'Destination' it still says Durban - do you think shes still not been able to refuel/replenish?  The tender doesn't seem to be following along now.

4 minutes ago, Waju said:

Just had a quick look on the marine traffic website and see she is doing 10 knots but if I look at 'Destination' it still says Durban - do you think shes still not been able to refuel/replenish?  The tender doesn't seem to be following along now.

Results of medical tests not yet returned, so not allowed to dock today.

About an hour ago Arcadia was showing as anchored outside Durban.  She is now showing as much closer to the port entrance, but heading away slowly.  The port has rather a lot of ships in there now.

Edited by Son of Anarchy
Typos

My mate is on board and has just texted me, no viruses found on board and waiting for permission to dock in Durban for refuelling and reprovisioning.

Plenty of food available and all the bars open unlike home.😁

Likelihood is they will start sailing home tomorrow but not been confirmed.

35 minutes ago, mickrory said:

My mate is on board and has just texted me, no viruses found on board and waiting for permission to dock in Durban for refuelling and reprovisioning.

Word of the day Mick... Reprovisioning... Well done. 

Andy 

45 minutes ago, mickrory said:

Bars open, plenty of provisions, no queues and no virus onboard Arcadias Worldie..... 

If I was onboard, I would be asking to go round again... 😂😂

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1