Arcadia world cruise - more possible itinerary changes.

Ukulele girl

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

Bars open, plenty of provisions, no queues and no virus onboard Arcadias Worldie..... 

If I was onboard, I would be asking to go round again... 😂😂

Andy 

Sounds great but somehow I think many of those on board are too anxious to fully enjoy the ‘benefits’. It is a long way from Durban to Southampton (obviously). I wonder if they will need to refuel and reprovision on the way and if so, where? Gibraltar seems to be an obvious place but what do I know.

43 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Sounds great but somehow I think many of those on board are too anxious to fully enjoy the ‘benefits’. It is a long way from Durban to Southampton (obviously). I wonder if they will need to refuel and reprovision on the way and if so, where? Gibraltar seems to be an obvious place but what do I know.

I think they would enjoy it more if they realised what is going on here... Seems to be the safest place to be at the moment... 

Andy 

8 minutes ago, sogne said:

as at 0025 GMT Arcadia is 2 NM NE of Durban entrance @ 6 knots  MSC Orchestra left  around 2 hours ago and is now

steaming slowly offshoire

The ETA of April 12th into Southampton is starting to look very iffy. Without being too calculating, those of us booked on the cruise supposedly starting on April 12th have a vested interest here. As and when P&O finally decide to decide to cancel the April 12th cruise , the reason given for the cancellation will have a significant bearing on whether or not refunds will be given. 

I see Arcadia has now berthed in Durban harbour. I too am supposed to be on the April 12th cruise, but it's beginning to look more and more unlikely she will be back in time, even if P&O still had some vain hope the cruise could go ahead. 

Tanker alongside so probably bunkering now.  

Southampton VTS currently showing an ETA of 11/04/2020, and bizarrely departure the same day.  I thought her next cruise was 12/04/2020.

She's got a top speed of about 21/22 knots, so providing she leaves today she should make it back for the 12th as long as there are no incidents that prevent her from maintaining an average speed of 17-18 knots.

If Soton VTS is correct, she would need to average just over 19 knots to arrive on the 11th.  Hmmm

Whether Arcadia's bunkers hold sufficient fuel for that speed and distance,  over to a ship's engineer.

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Tanker alongside so probably bunkering now.  

Southampton VTS currently showing an ETA of 11/04/2020, and bizarrely departure the same day.  I thought her next cruise was 12/04/2020.

She's got a top speed of about 21/22 knots, so providing she leaves today she should make it back for the 12th as long as there are no incidents that prevent her from maintaining an average speed of 17-18 knots.

If Soton VTS is correct, she would need to average just over 19 knots to arrive on the 11th.  Hmmm

Whether Arcadia's bunkers hold sufficient fuel for that speed and distance,  over to a ship's engineer.

Do we know her route home yet, will she round the cape and come back up the Atlantic or is she going via the Suez canal?

Just a bit of information for those that are interested.

I have heard from my brother and sister in law today, they have been at sea since 12th March 😲,  The information they are getting they described as 'rambling' and 'no definitive answers' but I'm sure the Captain has an awful lot on his mind!  As we have previously heard they have introduced them to social distancing, reduced table size and sunbeds and chairs a metre apart and you're not allowed to move them.  The shops are still open but you're not allowed to touch anything - an assistant has to get it for you. Entertainment is limited to every other day and they have also limited numbers in the activities - line dancing for example is 30 passengers only.  They can't understand why some activities are still happening but others are cancelled.  The new Headliners who joined them in Freemantle appear to have come out of isolation yesterday so they are hopeful of some different entertainment soon.

All in all they are still enjoying the cruise but are really looking forward to getting home.  They are finding it hard to imagine what life is like here when they see all that is happening on the news. 

I'm not expecting to hear from them again but would be grateful if anyone who does hear anything posts on here.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1

The Grand Princess cruise that had COVID 19 problems recently had the roll call for the original cruise which people who were on the cruise could continue to post on and where using it to communicate with each other.  Other CC members could access it to read, but where not allowed to post on it, so it was kept clear for the passengers as well as being first hand information about the ship as it was at the time.

Not sure if anyone on Arcadia has thought of posting on their original roll call (assuming there would be one), but could be a good way forward and it also meant that posts were not drowned in the chatter and opinions that over ride much information on social media and which I find very irritating at times.

Edited by tring

2 minutes ago, tring said:

The Grand Princess cruise that had COVID 19 problems recently had the roll call for the original cruise which people who were on the cruise could continue to post on and where using it to communicate with each other.  Other CC members could access it to read, but where not allowed to post on it, so it was kept clear for the passengers as well as being first hand information about the ship as it was at the time.

Not sure if anyone on Arcadia has thought of posting on their original roll call (assuming there would be one), but could be a good way forward and it also meant that posts were not drowned in the chatter and opinions that over ride much information on social media and which I find very irritating at times.

The problem is that roll calls are not used by most UK cruisers - they tend to use a different social forum.

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The problem is that roll calls are not used by most UK cruisers - they tend to use a different social forum.

I see your point, but if someone on the ship decides to join CC and access it, then they may be able to say how things are that people they know in the UK could access.  Not entirely sure if the posts were restricted to the original members of the roll call though, in which case it would not be possible for them to access the roll call at this stage.  If they wished to post here though, that would work.  I suspect it will not be easy for passengers to access WIFI though so limits on any contact at all.  I feel for those of you with relatives/friends on board.

Hope all on the ship are well and remain so.  At least the weather should be good where they are at present and will be getting better here as they progress north.  We all need to focus on the positives for the next few months.

Edited by tring

23 minutes ago, tring said:

Hope all on the ship are well and remain so.  At least the weather should be good where they are at present and will be getting better here as they progress north.  We all need to focus on the positives for the next few months.

Apparently the sea are really rough as they round the Cape 😲

2 hours ago, Waju said:

Apparently the sea are really rough as they round the Cape 😲

Oh dear, I was thinking about temperatures, but "round the Cape" does sound risky come to think about it.  We have not cruised south of the Madagascar/Reunion/Mauritius area, or Cape Verde on the West.  Not at this time of year either, so no first hand knowledge.

I wonder if the restrictions are more a matter of keeping any infection or problem away as they are highly unlikely to be able to disembark anyone until they get back to the UK.  A number of people seasick could be confused with any tummy problem and if people are unsteady could also mean broken bones or other injuries as well as less general hygiene being observed generally.  It is worrying that COVID 19 can have no symptoms, so any ship will be very careful now and best take precautions even if nothing apparent, especially a Carnival Corporation one. 

22 hours ago, Waju said:

Just a bit of information for those that are interested.

I have heard from my brother and sister in law today, they have been at sea since 12th March 😲,  The information they are getting they described as 'rambling' and 'no definitive answers' but I'm sure the Captain has an awful lot on his mind!  As we have previously heard they have introduced them to social distancing, reduced table size and sunbeds and chairs a metre apart and you're not allowed to move them.  The shops are still open but you're not allowed to touch anything - an assistant has to get it for you. Entertainment is limited to every other day and they have also limited numbers in the activities - line dancing for example is 30 passengers only.  They can't understand why some activities are still happening but others are cancelled.  The new Headliners who joined them in Freemantle appear to have come out of isolation yesterday so they are hopeful of some different entertainment soon.

All in all they are still enjoying the cruise but are really looking forward to getting home.  They are finding it hard to imagine what life is like here when they see all that is happening on the news. 

I'm not expecting to hear from them again but would be grateful if anyone who does hear anything posts on here.  Thanks.

If the same arrogant passenger services officer and staff is still onboard since we left Arcadia in Jan in San Fran i am not surprised no information is reaching passengers ....i dont have words for the way new passengers or those who would have appreciated a few hours in San Fran were treated 

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Why have all the posts about other media sites been deleted? There us lots of information about Arcadia available , but the mods shut down everything. 

Appalling behaviour 

Careful wowzz, similar comments cost me 7 days suspension.