Preferred Soft Drinks

Madio

I know this seems like a trivial matter, and indeed it is to almost everybody, including us.  We are sailing on the Edge March 15 cruise to celebrate my 75th birthday.  My 2 grown daughters decided to "surprise" us by booking the cabin next to us.  Because of the Corona virus, the cat came out of the bag early, but we are thrilled that they are coming, and it is their very first cruise and they are super excited.  Here's the rub:  One daughter is addicted to Pepsi (her only vice, thank God), and having been on many cruises, I have never seen it.  Of course, I haven't looked for it either.  Don't know how to find out if they have it; if we can bring a supply of it and pay "corkage" fee (LOL).  I won't even call X because they are so bogged down with important issues right now.  Just need to know how we can make sure she enjoys herself, especially since she is spending thousands on my birthday "surprise".  I figure SOMEONE on this board must know if they have it, or if we can bring it on.  Feel so bad for the cruise industry right now.......My husband's pulmonologist said "Go and have a good time."

Only Coke products.

I believe she can carry on Pepsi if she must have it. Though porters would slap a luggage tag on Grandma Jane if they thought it would get them a tip, she really should plan to carry it on to prevent potential can explosion and luggage damage. On the plus side, since you're on the Edge, you can go directly to your cabin to drop it off upon boarding. Can't stay until they are officially open, but you can drop off luggage.

You are allowed to bring as much soft drink as you wish on board -- some people put it in a dedicated carry-on bag, some people shrink wrap cases of soft drink and slap a luggage tag on it, I guess it all depends on how many cans or bottles she thinks she needs for that cruise.  There won't be any corkage to pay.

Edited by cruisestitch

3 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Good thing you didn't call.  I've been on hold for almost 2 hrs. now. 

What about Sprite Zero?  It's a Coke product.  The last time I cruised with Celebrity, I wasn't drinking it so I don't remember if they have it.

I know they had Coke Zero. I do not know about Sprite Zero (it has a weird aftertaste that Coke Zero and Diet Coke don't have - to me), but I kind of think I heard someone order it n a drink at a bar. Not 100% sure though. If it's a must have, I'd bring some to be safe.

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 6:17 PM, cruisestitch said:

You are allowed to bring as much soft drink as you wish on board -- some people put it in a dedicated carry-on bag, some people shrink wrap cases of soft drink and slap a luggage tag on it, I guess it all depends on how many cans or bottles she thinks she needs for that cruise.  There won't be any corkage to pay.

Thanks so much!  I didn't know you could bring on soda.  She drinks very little alcohol, but has the AIBP because it was one of the perks. So it will be my two non-drinking daughters and my DH and I (who both drink), and we all have can have 15 drinks per day.  Go figure.  All in all, we got a fabulous price on this cruise.

11 hours ago, Madio said:

Thanks so much!  I didn't know you could bring on soda.  She drinks very little alcohol, but has the AIBP because it was one of the perks. So it will be my two non-drinking daughters and my DH and I (who both drink), and we all have can have 15 drinks per day.  Go figure.  All in all, we got a fabulous price on this cruise.

There is no limit on drinks.  You can have as many as you want.