Explorer drydock postponed

On 8/14/2020 at 5:33 PM, bigrednole said:

When our Nov cruise is canceled, we are thinking of shifting to Explorer of the Seas. The AMP is not happening, but will that affect how nice the ship is in its current state? If it is in disarray, I would prefer not going this route. I am not one that looks for issues, but if they are blatantly visible and ignored that will cause me to start looking for issues. 

Explorer looked in great shape in October 2019 when we were on her.

IMG_20191007_140806.jpg

IMG_20191006_175347.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Dry dock is no longer postponed - she's in the dock now. Given the timing for Anthem, figure also about 3 weeks for Explorer.

Is it the scheduled maintenance, or the overhaul we were promised?

We were supposed to sail on Explorer in January 2020 but had to cancel. It was going to be a final farewell to the ship we knew in the more or less original Voyager-class layout. I hate what they are doing to the fitness centers on these ships when they "amp" them. Now maybe we'll get a second chance at Explorer at least. It's already too late for some of them, like Navigator. With all the new builds, I wish they would leave some of the older ships alone for those of us who like them, though I know we are in the minority, and business is business.

On 9/3/2020 at 10:30 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

We were supposed to sail on Explorer in January 2020 but had to cancel. It was going to be a final farewell to the ship we knew in the more or less original Voyager-class layout. I hate what they are doing to the fitness centers on these ships when they "amp" them. Now maybe we'll get a second chance at Explorer at least. It's already too late for some of them, like Navigator. With all the new builds, I wish they would leave some of the older ships alone for those of us who like them, though I know we are in the minority, and business is business.

Maybe even once Explorer will get Amped eventually, it will be saved from having even more cabins squished in as the trend is now more space rather than less 😉

On 9/3/2020 at 10:30 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

I totally agree! We liked all ships better before the „amplifikation“. This just stands for more crowds and more ugly looking ships with all the fun stuff for kids they add. Just a nice modernization without adding cabins, water slides, yellow jumping balls and other nonsense would be great for the nice older ships. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

I see a transatlantic back to Miami from Europe is now available for Adventure next year... interestingly it’s sailing from Southampton

All the Fall 2021 TA's are available for booking.  🍷

On 8/18/2020 at 7:53 AM, Biker19 said:

Dry dock is no longer postponed - she's in the dock now. Given the timing for Anthem, figure also about 3 weeks for Explorer.

Looks like the dry dock will be a bit longer than 3 weeks.

118946826_3721446004550996_2297729906617502606_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=SNuPBYVB8lEAX9aWKQg&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.xx&oh=b0251c45d7e0128fa5a26b3f78f666af&oe=5F7FD008

Pictures By Paul Fiano

Edited by Biker19