Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

2 hours ago, winnie#1 said:

Yah, not only did they cancel the cruise, they sold the fricking ship!

8 minutes ago, as400guy said:

Which ship(s) did they sell?

Source of this information?

Thanks!

Depending on how one read that post, it could be somewhat misleading.  Long before the Covid crises Golden Princess was scheduled to be transferred from Princess' fleet to CCL's P&O line as Princess was adding more Royal Class ships to their fleet.  Since Golden won't be able to make it's final itineraries as a Princess ship, the ship is going to P&O a little earlier than planned.

I suspect that is what that post is referring to.

• Like 1

Here's the problem I have with their refund process.

I cancelled back in mid March and was told at the time - 7-10 business days. When it didnt show up within 2 weeks, I called back in. I was told 60 days but when I told the agent that I was told 7-10 originally, she put me on hold and came back and spoke to someone and they would push it through and get it within 7-10 days. Well, its been more than 2 weeks again so I called back in and was told 60 days because of the enormous backlog of refunds that they have to go through. 

Well, we all know this is BS of course. They do not have an army of people going through the refunds one at a time and issuing refunds. When I cancel a cruise, they click a button, confirm it and its done. The software issues the refund. So what we know is that someone has interfered with this automated process and is manually holding up the refunds. That wrangles me. I know its tough times for the cruise lines but lets be clear - that's my money and if you want me to cruise again with Princess, this is a funny way of ensuring that will happen.

Edited by nbsjcruiser
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, springfire said:

Anybody else get a refund?

Me! But just for 1st Grand Princess cruise cancelled by Princess

Cruise Date: March 22, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 4th 

Refund Date: March 12th:  100% $$ + 50% FCC. Other 50% FCC pndg

Cruise Date: March 29, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 12th 

Refund date: (request form receipt dated March 12, 2020) not yet

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Me! But just for 1st Grand Princess cruise cancelled by Princess

Cruise Date: March 22, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 4th 

Refund Date: March 12th:  100% $$ + 50% FCC. Other 50% FCC pndg

Cruise Date: March 29, 2020

Cancelation Date: March 12th 

Refund date: (request form receipt dated March 12, 2020) not yet

I believe they are processing in sailing date order.  Ombud, please come back and let us know when you get the refund for the second leg.  That will let us know they are making progress!

10 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I believe they are processing in sailing date order.  Ombud, please come back and let us know when you get the refund for the second leg.  That will let us know they are making progress!

Our March 22 cruise (Regal) was cancelled by Princess on March 12.  We selected option 2 (refund + 100% FCC) that day.  Nothing yet.  Interesting that people with another March 22 cruise have already received refunds though I suspect it is because that Grand Princess cruise was cancelled earlier (March 4) than the other mass cancellations.  

33 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

I believe they are processing in sailing date order.  Ombud, please come back and let us know when you get the refund for the second leg.  That will let us know IF they are making progress on their 60 day plan!

Will do! Pardon my skepticism. 

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

They are definitely giving the message that they are processing based on sailing order, but given my sailing was March 14th and I've received nothing there must also be some other factor going on. Maybe cancellation date combined with sailing order? Who knows....

16 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

They are definitely giving the message that they are processing based on sailing order, but given my sailing was March 14th and I've received nothing there must also be some other factor going on. Maybe cancellation date combined with sailing order? Who knows....

Oh, brother.  I give up!

Princess standard response it will take 60 days.  Even though it may have already been over 30 days. They don’t have the capital to pay everyone back. You folks better be filing those credit card disputes. Also start contacting the FTC and filing the complaints in regards to the businesses practices of a Princess so that the government can put them on notice!

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

This is posted on FB today:

REFUNDS and FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS (FCC): Processing has begun on cancelled voyages in departure date order. Given the volume and care being dedicated to make sure each booking is processed accurately, it may take up to 60 days from the date we receive your choice for a refund or FCC. Our team managing this is also working from home, so we ask for your grace and patience in affording us time to manage this with excellence but know that our team is working to expedite the process as quickly as possible. Please stay healthy and safe.

• Like 3

If I'm not mistaken, most travel insurance covers you in the case of a providers bankruptcy. Of course if your insurance is through the cruise line, you may be out of luck (unless they actually use a 3rd party for the insurance?).  But I bet there are a lot of travel insurance executives that are starting to lose sleep over this whole mess.

33 minutes ago, Coral said:

REFUNDS and FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS (FCC): Processing has begun on cancelled voyages in departure date order. Given the volume and care being dedicated to make sure each booking is processed accurately, it may take up to 60 days from the date we receive your choice for a refund or FCC. Our team managing this is also working from home, so we ask for your grace and patience in affording us time to manage this with excellence but know that our team is working to expedite the process as quickly as possible. Please stay healthy and safe.

It also says in departure date order so, given that I requested FCC on March 12th and my sailing was March 14th, both those factors SHOULD mean I'm front of the line, right? Fingers crossed. I opted for FCC but I haven't even had port fees or pre-paid stuff refunded to card....

5 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It also says in departure date order so, given that I requested FCC on March 12th and my sailing was March 14th, both those factors SHOULD mean I'm front of the line, right? Fingers crossed. I opted for FCC but I haven't even had port fees or pre-paid stuff refunded to card....

You are right. Sort of weird how it says it. Thanks for pointing it out.

I cancelled on March 6th and haven't received anything except excursions.

I would hope you would be one of the first.

Edited by Coral

On March 17th, I cancelled all the Future Cruise Deposits “FCD”  that were on file in my Princess Personalizer account.  Since there is no ship or sail date, I wonder what refund order a FCD would fall into?

Edited by Lyndonn

4 minutes ago, Lyndonn said:

On March 17th, I cancelled all the Future Cruise Deposits “FCD”  that were on file in my Princess Personalizer account.  Since there is no ship or sail date, I wonder what refund order a FCD would fall into?

Who knows?  Probably not even Princess.

52 minutes ago, Coral said:

So what they have they been doing for the last 5 weeks since March 12th??

I gave up and filed a dispute, got my money back in 2 days. Status shows merchant contacted and waiting on response. Will update here when it’s closed out. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

If I'm not mistaken, most travel insurance covers you in the case of a providers bankruptcy. Of course if your insurance is through the cruise line, you may be out of luck (unless they actually use a 3rd party for the insurance?).  But I bet there are a lot of travel insurance executives that are starting to lose sleep over this whole mess.

Nope

Buy all future policies from this company

Travel LX policy

https://www.imglobal.com/travel-insurance/itravelinsured-lx

Edited by susantx3

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

Not most.  Only those that explicitly list that as a covered reason.

On the other hand credit cards do usually  refund in case of BK.  

51 minutes ago, susantx3 said:

Nope

Buy all future policies from this company

Travel LX policy

https://www.imglobal.com/travel-insurance/itravelinsured-lx

47 minutes ago, npcl said:

Not most.  Only those that explicitly list that as a covered reason.

On the other hand credit cards do usually  refund in case of BK.  

Good to know.  I'll pay attention to this next time I buy travel insurance.  I really thought bankruptcy of provider was commonly covered.  Glad I found out I was wrong now and not when I needed it.

10 minutes ago, mnocket said:

Good to know.  I'll pay attention to this next time I buy travel insurance.  I really thought bankruptcy of provider was commonly covered.  Glad I found out I was wrong now and not when I needed it.

Same, this company paid promptly for all Coronavirus claims.  Here is their Coronavirus policy

https://www.imglobal.com/coronavirus

They handled this disaster correctly, paid promptly and then sold, sold, sold.  

Hopefully, someone who has this companies financials will post about their solvency.