Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

2 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

Do you think anyone at Princess is monitoring the forums these days?  Surely they must be getting nervous to see all the folks - many Princess loyalists - who are appalled at the way this refund process is going, or should I say not going.

It makes no sense to me that they are dragging their feet and not providing ANY refunds to speak of.  They are in danger of losing their most valuable customers.

The only thing I can think of is that they do not care because they do not intend to resume sailing.

Princess is asking us to stick with them yet they do not live up what they are promising to us on the refund.  For myself I believe they DO NOT HAVE enough fund to refund to every cancel cruises.  One lie is on top of another lie by saying that they have TOO MUCH WORKS to do and they are working on that but NOT MANY in this board had received a refund.  Trust me if someone on this board had received the refund they already let everyone know.  

My case they told us 10 to 15 days, then after 30 days it moves up wot 60 days.  I told Princess on their FB page that I lost faith on them.  I will have a second thought to commit another cruise them in the future after this scenario.

I will wait to 60 days then reach for my CC to dispute the charge. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

Do you think anyone at Princess is monitoring the forums these days?  Surely they must be getting nervous to see all the folks - many Princess loyalists - who are appalled at the way this refund process is going, or should I say not going.

It makes no sense to me that they are dragging their feet and not providing ANY refunds to speak of.  They are in danger of losing their most valuable customers.

The only thing I can think of is that they do not care because they do not intend to resume sailing.

I am sure that Princess most definitely monitors all social media.

Prior to retiring from the large call center where I managed the telecommunications , there was a large room with restricted access with many large monitors along the walls where those employees monitored many social media platforms for both negative and positive postings of the company where I worked.

Our local NJ newspaper has a bamboozled column that runs a few times a week and most local TV news programs such as 7 on your side assist consumers. Often higher management is unaware of decisions made by lower level employees and step up to correct problems.

I have no problem with Princess and will eventually sail with them again perhaps not this year but perhaps in 2021 or 2022?

On 5/7/2020 at 12:09 PM, LDVinNC said:

I sure would like to know where you are seeing those posts. I certainly have not seen any such posts except from "dog" and a few others who cancelled before the March 12 pause.

I am part of a group on Facebook  called "Princess Cruises Information Page". 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, suzyed said:

The only problem was that we were on the Coral doing 32 days and she "paused" it after the first 14 days with no plan whatsoever of getting us home after the first part of the cruise.  I don't even think she knew that our cruise had another 18 days to go!   
Then she posts a video that we were encouraged to watch by our Captain and she almost tearfully asks us to take Option #1 to help Princess.

Almost ditto:

The only problem was that we were on the Sea doing 28 days and she "paused" it after the first 8 days with no plan whatsoever of getting us home after the first part of the cruise.  I don't even think she knew that our cruise had another 20 days to go!   
Then she posts a video that we were encouraged to watch by our Captain and she almost tearfully asks us to take Option #1 to help Princess.

We were woken at 5am  to hear this.!     The transcript of the video says  apart from anything else " Current voyages that are underway and extend beyond March 17 will be ended at the most convenient location for our guests. And we will do everything in our power to return each guest home with the greatest amount of care possible."

Apart from having a sentence beginning with "And"  the problem with this last sentence was that as we did not have flights booked through Princess they did absolutely nothing.

Worse still we didnt find that out until 2 days later at 9pm when we returned to our cabin

to find it on the  expenses letter.  At that point we went to the CS desk where it was confirmed they were not doing anything for us  apart from giving us a phone number for the airline.

Wow I would like to see  them returning guests home without taking the greatest care possible!      It has gone downhill from there  they are quibbling about the amounts on

the offer letter saying the ship got it wrong and can we claim on our insurance for the flights

( No - cant claim for the supplier cancelling) and they cant process the claim without proof  we have had our ins claim refused.  and so it goes on and on.

Our TA is now assisting us - they too are bombed out and working from home.

Edited by Aulanis

11 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Fair enough.  I had heard and read many reports to the effect of what you were describing in the media and perhaps am overstating things as I can't know what they feel.  Still, I gotta believe, a good portion just want to get home as soon as possible in any way they can.  But it is a more difficult logistical issue then just corporate press releases and accounting matters that's for sure.

The below was taken from an article from Cruiseradio.net. Gives me hope for the crew. Certainly the cruise lines will need them physically, emotionally and mentally refreshed once back in operation. The corporate offices know that once back up and running the passengers experience will dictate whether their lines survive or not. Miserable crew equates to loss and/or failure in future business.

"Princess Cruises and Holland America Line are organizing similar repatriation voyages to repatriate crew members to their home countries.

In all, eight ships from Princess, Holland America Line and Seabourn will sail as follows:

• Regal Princess will sail to Southampton and Rotterdam to repatriate European crew from all Holland America Group ships
  • Crown Princess, Island Princess, Veendam, Volendam, and Nieuw Amsterdam will sail to Asia to return Filipino, Indonesian, Indian and South African crew members to their homes
  • Caribbean Princess will sail to the Caribbean and South America to return crew from those regions to their home country
  • Seabourn Quest will sail to Europe to repatriate Europeans from that ship and Seabourn Odyssey"

2 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

With all due respect, you didn't make anything clear in that first post nor was their any semblance of a "how to" message in your first post declaring your "refund".  You didn't mention anything about a CC dispute nor even make any suggestion whatsoever. 

You are correct! My bad!

I added more detail in a subsequent post.

After reading so many posts of people not receiving refunds, my initial post was only that I received my refunds on my Princess Visa card after first notifying Princess that we chose option 2 shortly after Princess cancelled our April 4th Sky Princess cruise.

I have always been aware of a 60 day time limit to dispute a credit card charge and contacted Princess Visa customer service to open two case numbers for our two booking numbers and followed up in writing by contacting them on their web site giving them the two case numbers and also requesting the two tours that we also previously paid for on my credit card with the dates in 2019 of all the related charges.

Again sorry for the misleading initial post regarding my refund

Howard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Received this email from Princess on 5/1/2020

We know you’re waiting for your refund and may be frustrated by how long it’s taking. We hear you and are doing everything in our power to get it to you as soon as possible. Rest assured we’ve received your request, and it’s in our queue.

We ask for your continued patience in affording us the time to work through the refunds properly. Because we are not able to use our usual automated process, our team is manually handling a large volume of requests while working from home. We want to try to make sure each and every guest's booking is handled accurately, and as efficiently as possible and this is taking more time.

As always, we thank you for your understanding and hope you and your loved ones are staying healthy and safe during this difficult time.

I find it quite interesting that a select few, it seems, receive some type of email communication like this from Princess during this process when the majority (I believe) hear nothing from Princess.  I wonder what the criteria is?  Are these folks that booked direct or with a Princess PVP is one thought.  @ALWAYS CRUIZIN  Did you book through Princess or a TA?

Good Luck! If there's a way they can not pay you, they'll find it.

I disputed a charge for a limo ride to the port that never happened. The limo drive that I had been using for 4 years died unexpectedly. I corresponded by email with his widow and she promised to send the $. Never happened. So, I did a dispute on my card. Sent all the emails, the bill and explained he died and didn't provide the service.

I got nothing and no explanation of why I got nothing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

No worries.  And I didn't and don't mean to antagonize you with it, it's just that my mind was/is not at ease at why you would thank Princess for the refund, and in fact, not even thank Barclays or Visa in the process.

It would be like a fireman risking his life running into your burning house while trapped and getting you out alive.  Outside, there are many onlookers, among them a police officer doing nothing but staring at the fire.  And upon gathering yourself, you turn to the police officer, hug him, and say "Thank You!" while completely ignoring the fireman...

...and to complete the analogy for total accuracy, it was the police officer who burned down your house when he flicked his still-lit nicotine stick onto a pile of dried raked leaves on your front lawn while he was out for a walk earlier.

Thanks for the laugh and you did not antagonize me. We all have too much free time on our hands and I've been wondering how much longer it will take for the complaints to resort back to the missing barrel chairs and deck chair hogs instead of missing refunds?

21 minutes ago, hm9912 said:

Thanks for the laugh and you did not antagonize me. We all have too much free time on our hands and I've been wondering how much longer it will take for the complaints to resort back to the missing barrel chairs and deck chair hogs instead of missing refunds?

Ah, for the good old days!

1 hour ago, adstz said:

I am part of a group on Facebook  called "Princess Cruises Information Page". 

Thanks for posting.

It's a tough situation for the ones on cc who keep posting the same complaint. Only Princess will know when the refunds will be given.

I have tried to be supportive and given some hope by sharing my experience and mentioned that my 6 friends received their refunds just over a week ago. They will not post on social media because of the constant questioning and interrogation, they tell me.

So, as you point out there are also more people getting refunds who post on Princess Cruises Info Page.  I will have to take a look. Thanks.  dog

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Good Luck! If there's a way they can not pay you, they'll find it.

I disputed a charge for a limo ride to the port that never happened. The limo drive that I had been using for 4 years died unexpectedly. I corresponded by email with his widow and she promised to send the $. Never happened. So, I did a dispute on my card. Sent all the emails, the bill and explained he died and didn't provide the service.

I got nothing and no explanation of why I got nothing.

RE; TOPIC CREDIT CARD DISPUTES:

Oh, that is unfortunate all around. Sorry for your regular driver's family. And also sorry this happened to you.

On March 1/20 my TA cancelled my cruise to Cape Town, (not Princess). I eventually put in a dispute to American Express for the $2k deposit. It was resolved within 2 weeks. Got a letter and call from Amex saying it was resolved in my favour. It also shows in my online account that the dispute has been closed. Doing this within 30 days from cancelling the cruise saves a lot of anxiety. The cruise line makes interest on our funds, so they should pay up.

Be safe. Be kind.

Edited by dog
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, dog said:

Thanks for posting.

It's a tough situation for the ones on cc who keep posting the same complaint. Only Princess will know when the refunds will be given.

I have tried to be supportive and given some hope by sharing my experience and mentioned that my 6 friends received their refunds just over a week ago. They will not post on social media because of the constant questioning and interrogation, they tell me.

So, as you point out there are also more people getting refunds who post on Princess Cruises Info Page.  I will have to take a look. Thanks.  dog

The official Princess Cruises Facebook page seem to have a huge number of postings very similar to this thread....basically "Where is my refund?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

The official Princess Cruises Facebook page seem to have a huge number of postings very similar to this thread....basically "Where is my refund?"

I am no longer looking at that a lot of negativity there. 

• Like 1

My agent is one of Princess's top agents. She indicated the only clients who are getting refunds are those who contested it with their credit cards. She has not seen any refunds come through from Princess. This says a lot. She is constantly in contact with Princess inquiring about her clients and is not getting any answers. She is as frustrated as we are.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, CaribbeanIsland said:

My agent is one of Princess's top agents. She indicated the only clients who are getting refunds are those who contested it with their credit cards. She has not seen any refunds come through from Princess. This says a lot. She is constantly in contact with Princess inquiring about her clients and is not getting any answers. She is as frustrated as we are.

Sent my credit card dispute this morning after over 60 days.

• Like 2

We cancelled on 3/10 and got some of ours credited back to the CC as was under the 50% penalty, and had insurance.

Then came 3/12, and we were included under that new option, which was better as did not have to deal with PVP.

We took option #2, and planned on waiting it out. After waiting a month, and hearing all the various information they were telling people, we disputed I think it was on 4/8, for a cruise that was suppose to sail 4/18. It's a provisional credit with Citi, and Princess has 60 days to respond, which is 6/12. The way I look at it, either Princess will resolve it and we remove the dispute or I would *expect* Citi would make if resolved if they don't respond.

I seen no reason to wait on Princess since there was no provisions on their 4/12 options, that we would not receive the 25% FCC if we did not wait.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, weberman said:

How are people doing on their credit card disputes?

Not well, from what I read!

Early days.  Don't forget the credit card companies are dealing with the collapse of the entire travel industry.  Plus the call center were disbursed to at home workers. Crazy times!

1 hour ago, CaribbeanIsland said:

Well, if she is frustrated and not Getting any answers, does she believe what the reps are telling her about refunds?  
There is a ton of misinformation out there.