Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

31 minutes ago, Eagle_and_hawk said:

Glad to see Citi Double cash was 6 months as I tried for a couple of hours to get through to them on the phone or to respond in chat at 5:00AM. We could have waited a while longer, but just decided not to. 

I was on hold about 3 hours total getting through to the 3 credit card companies.  I just carried the phone around with me as I went about my day.  Longest hold was 1 hr 20 minutes for Capital One.

7 minutes ago, MISTER 67 said:

Princess has had our full fare since late December, our cruise would have sailed last week on March 29 and of course was cancelled in early March, we should have had a refund by now unless Princess is having financial problems. 

I'm hoping that the lines have seen the errors of their ways as  they have made built way too many ships with way too many passengers. In all of this the thing that has enraged me more than anything was keeping some ships that were on long cruises still out at sea. As soon as Princess decided to suspend operations every ship should have been called back to their original port of departure.

Amen to everything you said!

Happy to say that my refund for my cruise was in my account this morning. We took the option for refund plus FCC and the refund was in my checking account this morning. It could have been there yesterday but never checked. I had disputed the airfare charge already so didn’t have any concerns about that. The FCC is not in my (or our other) account, so I guess I am still waiting on that. 
So, with the call I received the other day (concerning mailed check for hotel and airfare upgrade) Princess is pretty much giving me back everything they owe me. 
Now to wait for that FCC and the “check in the mail” and I’ll be all done. 
Our cruise was 30 days from today in Japan and I filled out the form the hour it was available (for you stats nerds). 
I hope this is a good sign that the cash is starting to flow and other people start to see their money in the next few days. Thankfully, my job is not impacted by the pandemic and this cash wasn’t “needed” but it is nice to have it back. 

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, dearinger said:

Happy to say that my refund for my cruise was in my account this morning. We took the option for refund plus FCC and the refund was in my checking account this morning. It could have been there yesterday but never checked. I had disputed the airfare charge already so didn’t have any concerns about that. The FCC is not in my (or our other) account, so I guess I am still waiting on that. 
So, with the call I received the other day (concerning mailed check for hotel and airfare upgrade) Princess is pretty much giving me back everything they owe me. 
Our cruise was 30 days from today in Japan and I filled out the form the hour it was available (for you stats nerds). 
I hope this is a good sign that the cash is starting to flow and other people start to see their money in the next few days. Thankfully, my job is not impacted by the pandemic and this cash wasn’t “needed” but it is nice to have it back. 

Yes glad to hear it. Only a couple have received the money so far. Happy to see these posts

1 hour ago, dearinger said:

Happy to say that my refund for my cruise was in my account this morning. 

That is great. 

When did you cancel? 

I am hoping that the refunds will start flowing for those of us who cancelled in the March 11-12-13 timeframe.

Just now, LDVinNC said:

That is great. 

When did you cancel? 

I am hoping that the refunds will start flowing for those of us who cancelled in the March 11-12-13 timeframe.

My cruise was cancelled by Princess (not by me), we were supposed to be on the Diamond. I filled out the form the first day it was available, so that was the 11th? If so, I guess I am at 30 days after filling out the form. 

• Like 1

Well today checked my American Express Card and observed a credit pending for the amount of 1 of my excursions. Now I am awaiting for the pending transaction to post.

i had been awaiting for Princess to credit my account. My cruise was scheduled for April 20.  I don’t think it was Princess who credited the account, I am sure it’s my disputed claim for my refund with the credit card company, since I had been awaiting just under 30 days for the refund. 

I had filed the dispute with the credit card company just last week, and had received an e-mail from the credit card company that it could take up to 30 days.  Very impressed with the rapid response in getting my refund back. Now awaiting for the remainder of the amounts to hit my Bank of America Card.

Good Luck everyone!

2 hours ago, dearinger said:

Wow, that is very good news.  I suspect that my refund may still take some time, but this does give me some encouragement that Princess is going to follow through.  It also gives me some hope that I will be able to use the FCC 🙂

3 hours ago, dearinger said:

Great news...

I am in a similar time frame as you (different ship/sailing) so hope to see some movement soon! Thanks for the update.

for the posters who were due refunds, then disputed the charges with their credit card company ...

How long does Princess have to dispute the chargeback, as these posters have replied to Princess accepting either option 1 or 2 to process the refund / bonus FCC / FCC ?

If you filed a refund a month ago, by now you should be getting your money back. It takes 40-90 days in most cases. I also heard that VAT is not included in that refunds. I wouldnt also expecting getting anything earlier than 40 days. If by June you didnt get your refund, I would suggest reading a contract and see what additional pennies you could get from them

Thank you, dearinger, for updating us with good news.

I was due to sail 5/9; Princess canceled on me on 3/12; filled out the form on 3/12 in the morning, so am on Day 29 or 30, depending on how you calculate.

Have not see a penny (Cruise +Princess Air+Excursions+Specialty Dinner), but your post gives me hope.

Here's to many more refunds coming in, and everyone stay healthy and safe.  Best wishes to all.

Dearinger - how did you book?  Was it through a TA or directly with Princess.

I wonder if how one booked has any bearing on the length of time to get the refund.  Maybe they are refunding direct bookers first?  Or, high volume TA's?  If it is FIFO, there should soon be a lot of reports of refunds.

23 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Dearinger - how did you book?  Was it through a TA or directly with Princess.

I wonder if how one booked has any bearing on the length of time to get the refund.  Maybe they are refunding direct bookers first?  Or, high volume TA's?  If it is FIFO, there should soon be a lot of reports of refunds.

I booked through big online travel agent, so not direct. My bank (USAA) does post deposits earlier than any other bank I’ve ever had ( I get my paycheck two days early), so I have a feeling a lot of refunds will roll in next week. Also, before someone asks the question no we are not elite or platinum on Princess...

Edit: Also, of note I did fill out my form myself, but ended up calling my travel agent about something and they checked on my refund (this was a week after I filled out the form the first time) and they said that they had to fill out the form for me as well.... no clue if that is true. I ended up getting a second confirmation form. I don’t think that sped up this process or slowed it down, just anecdotal. 

Edited by dearinger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dearinger said:

Edit: Also, of note I did fill out my form myself, but ended up calling my travel agent about something and they checked on my refund (this was a week after I filled out the form the first time) and they said that they had to fill out the form for me as well.... no clue if that is true. I ended up getting a second confirmation form. I don’t think that sped up this process or slowed it down, just anecdotal. 

Our TA did the same.

On March 16, I cancelled and requested a refund for my Future Cruise Deposits that were held Active In my Princess Personalizer Account....to date no refund.

Has anyone received a refund for cancelled Future Cruise Deposits?  

Thank you 

Edited by Lyndonn

9 minutes ago, Lyndonn said:

On March 16, I cancelled and requested a refund for my Future Cruise Deposits that were held Active In my Princess Personalizer Account....to date no refund.

Has anyone received a refund for cancelled Future Cruise Deposits?  

Thank you 

I've read on here that some have been successful in getting these refunded prior to their expiration dates.  Those refunds should come in the form of a check from BottomLine Technology sent via the USPS (if you are in the US).  I believe the normal time frame is anywhere from 2-6 weeks ... but these times are anything but normal.  BTW, they will automatically refund after the expiration date in the same manner, though.  I've gotten a refund for one of mine that expired last year.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

6 hours ago, dog said:

Yes glad to hear it. Only a couple have received the money so far. Happy to see these posts

Since this Cruise Critic board represents a tiny fraction of the Princess cruising public, we really don't know how many are getting refunds at this point.  Wish we did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dearinger said:

I booked through big online travel agent, so not direct. My bank (USAA) does post deposits earlier than any other bank I’ve ever had ( I get my paycheck two days early), so I have a feeling a lot of refunds will roll in next week. Also, before someone asks the question no we are not elite or platinum 

I have always been told that the refund had to go back to the credit card you used to pay with. 
I was not aware you could have Princess do a direct deposit to your bank account. Did you fill in a form to request this?

Just now, jimmieg said:

Since this Cruise Critic board represents a tiny fraction of the Princess cruising public, we really don't know how many are getting refunds at this point.  Wish we did.

Yes, I was only referring to those posting on this thread

4 minutes ago, dog said:

I have always been told that the refund had to go back to the credit card you used to pay with. 
I was not aware you could have Princess do a direct deposit to your bank account. Did you fill in a form to request this?

Ahh, I wasn’t clear. I had paid with my debit card and it was refunded back to my checking account. Everything with USAA seems to get processed a lot faster. 

• Thanks 1