Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

did you cancel your cruise, or did Princess cancel your cruise ?

you're not expecting "ANY" FCC at this point after you did that, correct ?

I did not cancel the cruise, Princess did I was prepared to continue on my scheduled date of April 20. I did not want future cruise credit (option 1),  my wife and I decided with option 2, which offered a 100% refund + 25% future credit on another cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, KcFanNindy said:

I did not cancel the cruise, Princess did I was prepared to continue on my scheduled date of April 20. I did not want future cruise credit (option 1),  my wife and I decided with option 2, which offered a 100% refund + 25% future credit on another cruise.

Please keep us posted. I'm not sure this route would be an option for me since I paid off in installments over a year. I haven't looked too much into it, but believe there is a time limit to file a dispute?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KcFanNindy said:

since you were not expecting or wanting FCC might be smart move. I did that too for my $2 k refundable deposit on Oceania. They kept stringing my TA along  Get it in 24-48 hrs, etc. Easy to contact Amex, agent walked me through  form sent form and receipts in online. Charge removed from my credit card within a week 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lhall85917 said:

Is the 60 days for refunds considered to be from date of cancellation or from March 20 when the advisory was posted? We were supposed to be on the Sapphire sailing on Feb 13 from Singapore. We have received 50% FCC and are waiting on the additional 50% FCC promised and the full refund. Originally we were told 5-10 business days, then 3-6 weeks, and as of last week were told it could be another 60 days.

Days don’t seem to matter. I got my FCC from March 7 th. Many have not. 

4 hours ago, KcFanNindy said:

Well filed my dispute with my credit card companies for my money. Seems I will get my monies faster than the cruise company is offering. That’s real sad that I had to go this route for the refund.  This also forces the company to respond in a timely manner or the charges automatically get reversed, according to the credit card companies.

Really a shame you had to go that route but I will be doing the same on Thursday which will be 4 weeks from March 12th (the mass cancellations date). I have a pretty expensive British Isles cruise final payment date due in May and I will not be giving Princess another dime at this point. Sad. 

• Like 1

I have also been in touch with my credit card company (MasterCard).  I have until 60 days after the first day of the trip to cancel.  They have advised me to just stay in touch, and, if the refund does not come through by Day 45, to file a dispute and they will take it from there.

As many have said here, I am surprised that Princess, and other cruise lines, is not working to do anything they can to keep people happy with them.  Holding on to someone's money, when you cannot give them what they paid for, does not inspire trust or good feelings.  And, while I realize this is a once in a generation occurrence, as some have pointed out, Princess acts awfully quickly to bring our $ in... I post a payment, and it is on my credit card in a nanosecond.  It is hard to believe, when they are the ones that cancel the cruise, that they cannot return the $ as quickly as they accept it.

Edited by marybrodo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, marybrodo said:

I have also been in touch with my credit card company (MasterCard).  I have until 60 days after the first day of the trip to cancel.  They have advised me to just stay in touch, and, if the refund does not come through by Day 45, to file a dispute and they will take it from there.

As many have said here, I am surprised that Princess, and other cruise lines, is not working to do anything they can to keep people happy with them.  Holding on to someone's money, when you cannot give them what they paid for, does not inspire trust or good feelings.  And, while I realize this is a once in a generation occurrence, as some have pointed out, Princess acts awfully quickly to bring our $ in... I post a payment, and it is on my credit card in a nanosecond.  It is hard to believe, when they are the ones that cancel the cruise, that they cannot return the $ as quickly as they accept it.

If I was getting refund back to credit card I would put in dispute earlier rather then later. I just do not see this cruiseline having the cash to give out all these refunds in 30-60 days

2 hours ago, marybrodo said:

with my credit card company (MasterCard).  I have until 60 days after the first day of the trip to cancel.

Regarding a credit card dispute, the fine print on my Chase Visa says I have 60 days from the DATE OF THE STATEMENT on which the charge first appears.

I've also observed a lot of people on this and other similar topic boards are a saying they got a refund or FCC, but very few people have said they have RECEIVED a refund or FCC.  There is a big difference between a promise and delivery.  We're sweating out refunds from Princess and Viking but getting silence.

We are avid cruisers with Elite status on Princess, so we've spent a lot of time and money with them.  Worth every penny.  Enjoyed every cruise. That makes the fact that Princess/Carnival is treating its paying customers as cheap lenders especially unsavory.   Fess up Princess.   If you have loan covenants preventing you from giving us our money back, admit it.

• Like 1

I have RECEIVED my FCC from Princess. Just to be clear.  I agree each person needs to read the fine print ie: credit card dispute. Mine is different from 2 others who have posted on here. 

44 minutes ago, dog said:

I have RECEIVED my FCC from Princess. Just to be clear.  I agree each person needs to read the fine print ie: credit card dispute. Mine is different from 2 others who have posted on here. 

We were supposed to sail on 4/18, Princess cancelled us on 3/12 and we chose option

1, 150% FCC. When was your original sail date  ? i’m Just trying to get a sense of how long it might take for me. Thanks. 

Edited by 4cats4me

I just called TD Visa (Canadian) re disputing charges. I was told that a dispute to the charge must be requested within 30 days of sail date - March 28 on SKY. I also purchased EZ air departing on March 27 so my final date for dispute is April 26. If I have nothing by that time I will dispute the charge and probably give up my 50% FCC. Cash today is better than the unknown.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smithmlmx said:

I just called TD Visa (Canadian) re disputing charges. I was told that a dispute to the charge must be requested within 30 days of sail date - March 28 on SKY. I also purchased EZ air departing on March 27 so my final date for dispute is April 26. If I have nothing by that time I will dispute the charge and probably give up my 50% FCC. Cash today is better than the unknown.

Thank you for this.  Our sail date is April 25 so have some time but if we don't receive refund within 60 days of cancel (March )  will be calling credit card company.

43 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Thank you for this.  Our sail date is April 25 so have some time but if we don't receive refund within 60 days of cancel (March )  will be calling credit card company.

Grace or call your credit card company. This is not the same for all we are finding that out as people post on here 

21 hours ago, KcFanNindy said:

Well filed my dispute with my credit card companies for my money. Seems I will get my monies faster than the cruise company is offering. That’s real sad that I had to go this route for the refund.  This also forces the company to respond in a timely manner or the charges automatically get reversed, according to the credit card companies.

I agree, its sad we have to resort to filing a dispute. My April 11th cruise was canceled and I opted for the refund a couple of weeks ago, I'm giving them 30 days then I will file with my cc company. I am one of the many, many people that have lost their non essential job due to this and I don't know when I will go back to work. I'm gonna need those funds, can't let princess hang onto them for who knows how long.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dog said:

Grace or call your credit card company. This is not the same for all we are finding that out as people post on here 

You are correct! My credit card company said that dispute needs to be filed within 60 days of charge appearing on statement. My cruise was paid in instalments over a year so I can't dispute through credit card company.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

You are correct! My credit card company said that dispute needs to be filed within 60 days of charge appearing on statement. My cruise was paid in instalments over a year so I can't dispute through credit card company.

I hope all works out for you!  

I decided not to wait for Princess.  I had my deposits and $5,000 of excursions, dinners,  for 2 rooms on an Alaska cruise.  I filled a dispute on my Citibank Visa and the money was credited right to the card. The cruise was booked for July 15the and there is now way we were going on that. Hopefully we will do the same one next summer instead.  I still don't even think we want to risk our health our October cruise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I think most people are in that situation, since the final payment is usually due 60+ days prior to the sailing date.  We paid our final payment last Fall for a sailing on March 22nd.  I don't think we will see a significant number of refunds until they start sailing again.  Right now it looks like the cruise industry is hoping to start as early as June.  That's not a problem for my family, since we don't plan on sailing again until next winter.

• Like 1

I cancelled my May 9 cruise on 3;11, the day before Princess cancelling cruise. I got 85% back on credit card but haven’t seen the other 25% either as a FCC or return to credit card. I get differ t answers have the 25% will be refunded , TA says I’ll get credit, Princess rep,saysrefund bit so far nothing , I’m out my 25% and airfare booked with Princess. EZ air.  Do I just need to be patient?When  will FCC be posted to my account 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wendyp247 said:

I cancelled my May 9 cruise on 3;11, the day before Princess cancelling cruise. I got 85% back on credit card but haven’t seen the other 25% either as a FCC or return to credit card. I get differ t answers have the 25% will be refunded , TA says I’ll get credit, Princess rep,saysrefund bit so far nothing , I’m out my 25% and airfare booked with Princess. EZ air.  Do I just need to be patient?When  will FCC be posted to my account 

Did you fill out the form?

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/voluntary-60-day-pause-of-global-ship-operations-details-faq.pdf  

Here is more info: https://www.princess.com/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/ 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

I contacted my CC company yesterday and disputed charges. They set up dispute and credited my account which showed up this AM for those charges. They informed me that they only go back 90 days for disputes. Dispute need to be resolved by Princess in 60 days. Good news I keep the money in my account for the disputed charges.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tophat4321 said:

I contacted my CC company yesterday and disputed charges. They set up dispute and credited my account which showed up this AM for those charges. They informed me that they only go back 90 days for disputes. Dispute need to be resolved by Princess in 60 days. Good news I keep the money in my account for the disputed charges.

I just spoke with Princess and was told if cruise was cancelled by them I should get a full refund plus 25% FCC. She said they are way behind in processing, which is understandable. Hope she told me correctly.