Will Allure be AMPED?

12 minutes ago, irzero said:

I cant see allure with 5k people onboard taking on passengers from Spain and visiting 3 italian and 2 Spanish ports. No flights coming and going and a virus in the hundreds of thousands of infected.

Can we really see this cruise happening? I think not. We need some facts on what is happening with allure. I just cant be bothered to wait 3 hours to speak with royal about options.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

If most ships are not running again in August Royal and most cruise lines will be bancrupt for sure!

I do not care about amped or not as water slides do not matter at all in the current situation and not adding again more cabins is very positive.

However, this discussion with complaints  like "I paid for an amped ship" is totally ridiculous.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

However, this discussion with complaints  like "I paid for an amped ship" is totally ridiculous.

Why is this statement ridiculous? You paid something according to a specific specification and you do not get it delivered.

If you bought a Saab 9-4X and received a Saab 9-3II instead what would Mr Saab444 say then? Doing nothing and waiting for Saab to become insolvent (which they actually did)?

Edited by cgncruiser
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, cgncruiser said:

Why is this statement ridiculous? You paid something according to a specific specification and you do not get it delivered.

If you bought a Saab 9-4X and received a Saab 9-3II instead what would Mr Saab444 say then? Doing nothing and waiting for Saab to become insolvent (which they actually did)?

Perfect example, because Saab went into bancruptcy and it did not matter if Saab 900 or 9-3, they were all gone.

In the current situation people should hope that Royal and the whole cruise and travel industry bounces back asap and not show off with prize drops they got after keeping the call center busy with such unimportant matters or complain about missing waterslides for cruises. A bancruptcy scenario is not unrealistic for many cruise companies and airlines and if this happens all prize drops and amped cruises are gone together with most people's money. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

According to Marine Traffic she's left BCN and is on her way to Gibraltar!

That port is still allowing movements in March and will put them in position to easily be able to make her way over Cadiz when the time is right.

That will also allow currently movement of Officers, Staff and Crew through Gibraltars own airport or Malaga Airport. 

• Like 2

If amplification didn’t make the ship more appealing and marketable then RC wouldn’t have planned to spend all that money in the first place. It was an investment in making the ship desirable and therefore they could charge more. 

No amplification leaves it less marketable. Personally, I have no interest in paying inflated prices for a product just to make sure the supplier doesn’t go bankrupt. That’s taking loyal to royal too far for me. 

• Like 3

The Pandemic is happening now. The cruise industry took a major hit and to stay solvent a cruise company has decided that they must drastically cut costs in 2020 and 2021. A fluid situation that is requiring extreme logistics and planning is now taking place and the ship you are booked on has had to alter it's plans. 

As your cruise is months away or possibly not happening at all, Royal Caribbean will be forced to deal with the situation as it develops. That is why they are currently dealing with issues for only the next 30 days. The volume of issues  are currently overwhelming their systems, I would think. 

They will certainly not be adding staff to deal with this situation as the focus now is solely on saving costs. 

I would not expect any sailings from Spain until June or July at the earliest and would think there is a very high possibility that the 2020 Mediterranean season will be cancelled all-together.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

If amplification didn’t make the ship more appealing and marketable then RC wouldn’t have planned to spend all that money in the first place. It was an investment in making the ship desirable and therefore they could charge more. 

You are correct that the whole purpose of the Amplification of all of the Royal Caribbean ships is to increase revenues. Oasis class ships amplified or not have always sailed at a premium fare over the other ships in the fleet. Some passengers have been willing to pay that premium, others have not. 

That said, the actual cruise fares is a minuscule part of why RCI are doing the amplifications, they are adding cabins and taking public areas to convert to revenue generating space while you are onboard. 

2 hours ago, irzero said:

Lol and the chances of that happening are????

Why would this virus just go away in 30 days time? What has happened or is happening in 30 days that will change anything?

I can see entire cruise season cancelled unless they just come to conclusion that its here and nothing we can do about it until next year.

Probably because they are still selling these cruises

5 minutes ago, irzero said:

They will sell them until the very minute they cancel them. They couldn't care less about any incidental losses such as flights or hotel stays.

This is why people just wont book. So much is outside of royals control such as flights and ports and sick people how could any one trust anything will happen this year until a vaccine or treatment comes out.

Thing is, so much speculation about. Until it comes from Royal, I'm not sure how believable it is. Even press releases are vague.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, little britain said:

The article in Spanish clearly says no Amp. 
So no slide, no extra cabins, no robot bars, Dazzles remains, the classy Champagne bar remains,  and the CL remains which is all good news for me. 

I would be fine with that also. I always felt that they could keep one of the class a little different for different tastes. I know it’s only temporary and ultimately the purple monstrosity will raise its ugly head. 

I am on the Nov TA......with an $18 drink package.... so I’m hoping that somehow goes forward. 

mac_tlc

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not good, we were on her mid February and she's badly in need of some TLC. Beginning to really show her age and very much lacking in WOW factor compared to Harmony/Ovation/New Oasis. Here's to hoping they can at least get the propulsion fixed so no more missed ports and smoother sailings. 

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

This is pretty strange... Hampton Beach doesn´t look like a port the Allure can dock or do anything else. And according to the AIS she´s supposed to arrive there in 4 days which would be extremly fast.

steamboats

Even if Allure will not get amplified at this stage the scheduld 5 year dry dock needs to happen now and can't be postponed. She anyway has to get one of her Azipods fixed and the only place a full dry dock can be performed is in Cadiz, hence they will for sure not take the ship back to North America in order to bring it back in a few months.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

According to Marine Traffic she's left BCN and is on her way to Gibraltar!

In addition it states she's not due in GIB till the 19th having set off this morning ...

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:372814/mmsi:311020700/vessel:ALLURE OF THE SEAS

Edited by ZiggaZagga17
link

5 hours ago, cgncruiser said:

All 2020 Allure cruises from Barcelona are still bookable (at least one minute ago). If Royal knows and decided already that the Allure is withdrawn from Barcelona and they still sell her Barcelona cruises, how shall one call that?????? Fraud????Collecting as much cash money as possible to ride out the storm?

They were still selling the Jewel trans Suez although the pax already received the cancellation letter.

steamboats

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Even if Allure will not get amplified at this stage the scheduld 5 year dry dock needs to happen now and can't be postponed. She anyway has to get one of her Azipods fixed and the only place a full dry dock can be performed is in Cadiz, hence they will for sure not take the ship back to North America in order to bring it back in a few months.

Exactly, and there are only three shipyards she can go... Rotterdam, Marseilles and Cadiz.

steamboats

1 hour ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

In addition it states she's not due in GIB till the 19th having set off this morning ...

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:372814/mmsi:311020700/vessel:ALLURE OF THE SEAS

And that would be extremely slow... it´s no 4 days from Barcelona to Gibraltar.

The port there is also closed for cruise ships. But Gibraltar is a place to bunker cheap fuel.

steamboats

Well if our cruises on Allure later in the year do go ahead without the amplification, we should at least get a FCC. That's what happened on my cruise on Adventure a few years ago when they couldn't finish the renovation due to a hurricane. We got quite a nice FCC for it. I for one don't really care too much about the amplification (though I'll miss El Loco Fresh) so long as I'm actually on it in August!

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, steamboats said:

But Gibraltar is a place to bunker cheap fuel.

Enough to get across the Atlantic again?  She had a refuel tender alongside Friday morning (the stench is awful and it was directly below our balcony)

1 minute ago, cloud_nine said:

Well if our cruises on Allure later in the year do go ahead without the amplification, we should at least get a FCC. That's what happened on my cruise on Adventure a few years ago when they couldn't finish the renovation due to a hurricane. We got quite a nice FCC for it. I for one don't really care too much about the amplification (though I'll miss El Loco Fresh) so long as I'm actually on it in August!

Pretty much as we think - although there are areas of the ship that need attention (our cabin for one, was the worst I've ever seen - got a 25% FCC for that and the food poisoning) so hopefully she'll be still around in October for our B2B! 

2 minutes ago, irzero said:

My dad got £900 cash for food poisoning.

His partner for £4000 for slip on wet floor and injury.

25% fcc.... emoji848.png

Depends on how much they originally spent on the cruise. We got 25% FCC each for our Adventure cruise and that totalled something like £1000 or more.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ZiggaZagga17 said:

Enough to get across the Atlantic again?  She had a refuel tender alongside Friday morning (the stench is awful and it was directly below our balcony)

The ship can carry enough fuel to cross the Atlantic twice (but it's pushing the limit). Assuming Allure left FLL with full tanks they wouldn't necessarily need a complete fillup to get back.

• Like 1

I would expect all dry docks/refurbishments to be put on hold until the end of the virus problem.  You have to remember this involves a lot of workers at the dock to do the retrofit.  With all the travel being restricted in country after country how are these workers going to get to work?  Plus all the workers would have to work in close quarters...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irzero said:

My dad got £900 cash for food poisoning.

His partner for £4000 for slip on wet floor and injury.

25% fcc.... emoji848.png

Bully for you! 

I was happy enough with 25% off a future cruise for them allocating us a grubby cabin AND the inconvenience of a bout of food poisoning (unchallenged I may add) so that can work out a lot more than your dad's recompense, but I didn't realise it was a 'who could pee furthest' contest!

• Like 1