Will Allure be AMPED?

I think we probably have no clue at this point. There was supposed to be a whole Mediterranean season before our TA. That would be an awful lot of compensation. :classic_rolleyes: I think that we, along with the rest of the world, are just waiting right now. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

I am pretty sure that RCCL will make an official announcement very soon about the forthcoming Mediterranean season and update us on the amplification of both Allure and  Explorer.

Like they did for the 30 day shutdown? Day before is close enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Compensation!!??  Kick a dog when it’s down.  Who would even think this 🤷‍♀️

Personally no ghastly purple slide, no extra cabins, no robot bars, Dazzles remains, the classy Champagne bar remains,  and the CL remains which is all good news for me. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, little britain said:

Personally no ghastly purple slide, no extra cabins, no robot bars, Dazzles remains, the classy Champagne bar remains,  and the CL remains which is all good news for me. 

You’re maybe right but obviously others will have there opinions.

32 minutes ago, little britain said:

There isn't a CL on the Allure anymore (there is however a suite lounge on Deck 17) - though she will retain the excellent Diamond lounge on Decks 11/12 which was planned to be removed in the amplification.

3 minutes ago, irzero said:

What lesson. No announcement and I know no cruises at least in europe for 60 days.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Quite obvious really they maybe could have announced the 30 days a little earlier.

But most cruise lines did it within 3 or 4 days of each other.

These are quite unprecedented times we are living in and I think you should give RCCL and all cruise lines a bit of slack.

You obviously have pretty good information if you already know that there will be no Europe/Mediterranean cruises for at least 60 days.

A family member who is a dancer got released from there contract yesterday and have been given no official restart date.

48 minutes ago, little britain said:

I think the concierge lounge is now the suite lounge but stand to be corrected.

24 minutes ago, ukrccl_a said:

There isn't a CL on the Allure anymore (there is however a suite lounge on Deck 17) - though she will retain the excellent Diamond lounge on Decks 11/12 which was planned to be removed in the amplification.

Sorry, my error. Yes I meant the wonderful DL with views over Broadwalk 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, irzero said:

I'm more annoyed that they will want final payment from me on a cruise that I really dont see happening. I cannot cancel it as I'll lose the money paid for flights. I dont want to sail on the ship if it's not upgraded either and I shouldn't have to. If the amp is cancelled they should cancel all cruises and set new itineraries at new lower prices. No way they can stick to current itineraries anyway given they are Spain France and Italy. That isn't taking in to account flights or hotel problems that might scupper the trip even if royal somehow continues.

They are in paralysis at the moment when really everyone knows that this summer they wont be sailing or docking anywhere in europe.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I agree that it’s a real pain they will want final payment soon probably before any announcement but hoping RCCL will do the right thing and announce cancelling cruises earlier.

I’m not certain as to what other ports of call Oasis class can dock at in Europe or the Mediterranean perhaps that’s what’s they are trying to sort out now should they continue with any sailings.

But that begs the question of weather people will want to sail a different itinerary and the new pricing.

I fully understand you not wanting to sail on the ship if it’s not been amplified as many people I believe would have booked it assuming it would be carried out.

We also lose flights and hotels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

I agree that it’s a real pain they will want final payment soon probably before any announcement but hoping RCCL will do the right thing and announce cancelling cruises earlier.

I’m not certain as to what other ports of call Oasis class can dock at in Europe or the Mediterranean perhaps that’s what’s they are trying to sort out now should they continue with any sailings.

But that begs the question of weather people will want to sail a different itinerary and the new pricing.

I fully understand you not wanting to sail on the ship if it’s not been amplified as many people I believe would have booked it assuming it would be carried out.

We also lose flights and hotels.

We have the same predicament plus the government's advice on medical issues needs to be relaxed.

8 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Yes it is.

No, it really isn’t. 

"Both amplifications have been put on hold at this time. With global developments rapidly evolving, we are reviewing all options to bring Explorer and Allure into dry dock this year and determining the extent of the enhancements we can make."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, suizas said:

So any thoughts as to those that booked Allure in the Med or on the TA expecting a newer “Amplified ” ship? Partial refund, or FCC??  Seems fair that as the product will be less than what was advertised and sold as, that perhaps there will be some sort of compensation.?

Since the cruise contract states that the cruise line can actually substitite one ship for another maybe you should just be happy that you are getting an Oasis class ship and not Empress.😉

• Like 4

I’m hoping they will rename the Diamond Lounge to Pinnacle Club. Move the Diamond sign down to deck 4.  Limit SL/CK to only those in GS or higher. This would be great for Presidents Cruise In October (if it still happens).  This and the TA that is scheduled to follow will be very top heavy. 

In my opinion 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Since the cruise contract states that the cruise line can actually substitite one ship for another maybe you should just be happy that you are getting an Oasis class ship and not Empress.😉

Regardless of what the contract states, people are still allowed to be upset with this change.

I have the Explorer booked for October and it was advertsed as an amplified ship and the price reflected that.  When I go to Royals website they are still advertising the upgrades on the Explorer.  

Given the current economy and all the negative press surrouding cruising, I think the last thing any cruiseline should be doing right now is pissing off their current clients.  Offering a small onboard credit or some form of compensation to those already booked would be a good gesture.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, irzero said:

i remember going to one in Miami when i was a kid so im guessing its the world one. But thanks for that. The difference between world and land was exactly the point of my post. 

I was born in Miami and lived here all my life and NEVER do I recall anything Disney in Miami and I am old. 

Miami to Orlando (WDW) is 240 miles. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was born in Miami and lived here all my life and NEVER do I recall anything Disney in Miami and I am old. 

Miami to Orlando (WDW) is 240 miles. 

You are completely missing their point.   The discussion is not about the location of Disney parks.  It's about Royal Caribbean advertising one thing (and charging a higher price for that) and then delivering something completely different.

Edited by lovemylab
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Quite obvious really they maybe could have announced the 30 days a little earlier.

But most cruise lines did it within 3 or 4 days of each other.

Other than Princess and a couple of upscale lines the mass market cruise lines all made their announcement within hours of each other last Friday at the request of the government earlier that day.  It caught them off guard as much as it did us.

1 hour ago, lovemylab said:

Regardless of what the contract states, people are still allowed to be upset with this change.

I have the Explorer booked for October and it was advertsed as an amplified ship and the price reflected that.  When I go to Royals website they are still advertising the upgrades on the Explorer.  

Given the current economy and all the negative press surrouding cruising, I think the last thing any cruiseline should be doing right now is pissing off their current clients.  Offering a small onboard credit or some form of compensation to those already booked would be a good gesture.

You are long before final payment, you can cancel if you wish..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, suizas said:

So any thoughts as to those that booked Allure in the Med or on the TA expecting a newer “Amplified ” ship? Partial refund, or FCC??  Seems fair that as the product will be less than what was advertised and sold as, that perhaps there will be some sort of compensation.?

RCL needs to go ahead with the amplification at least on Allure while she is in Europe, hence I wouldn't be suprised to see the transatlantic cancelled + a few caribbean cruises in case they will push the dry dock to after the european season simmilar to Oasis. On the other hand, I am speculating that only by July 1st a normal cruise operation will be possible in Europe hence, if somehow possible the Amplification can be delayed, but even there with the current situation in Spain works can possibly only beging earliest end of april.

Regarding compensation should the ship not get amped, then I guess depending on cabins booked the best deal also for the company would be to provide non refundable OBC ranging from USD 50 - USD 200 per person.

Edited by LXA350
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, irzero said:

i remember going to one in Miami when i was a kid so im guessing its the world one.

32 minutes ago, irzero said:

I never said it was. We went to Miami and traveled around Florida.

I think you have a very short memory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2