Will Allure be AMPED?

To give you an idea what may be in store for the Allure amping.

According to Cruise Critic news, a Carnival ship that is currently going through their version of amplification at Cadiz, is on hold.  There is an unavailability of workers due to travel restrictions.  It was already in dry dock (now if it is actually in a dry dock or a wet dock may be a point contention, imho)

Cadiz may just push back the schedules for each ship.  RCCL may agree to a shorter "docking" if they don't want everything done if the shipyard gives financial considerations.  I.E. a discount.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5221/

Edited by gatour

10 minutes ago, gatour said:

To give you an idea what may be in store for the Allure amping.

According to Cruise Critic news, a Carnival ship that is currently going through their version of amplification at Cadiz, is on hold.  There is an unavailability of workers due to travel restrictions.  It was already in dry dock (now if it is actually in a dry dock or a wet dock may be a point contention, imho)

Cadiz may just push back the schedules for each ship.  RCCL may agree to a shorter "docking" if they don't want everything done if the shipyard gives financial considerations.  I.E. a discount.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5221/

This all clearly depends on how soon Cadiz can reopen and how soon ports in the Mediterranean can reopen. No one knows how long this wave will last. 

Interesting discussion. I must be about the only person on this thread that didn't even know Allure was going to be changed (Amped, I guess) when I booked it. I like the Allure just fine the way it is. My biggest disappointment was that Sabor would be replaced by Playmakers if the changes take place. Whichever way things go, we're going and will either enjoy the changes Royal made or breath a sigh of relief that Sabor is still around.

Tim

• Like 1

Most of you are living in a FOG!!!  They cruise ships are not going into dry dock and costing anywhere from $150-250 Million dollars to refurb so you can get an AMPED vacation.  GEE I WONDER WHY??? maybe because you cant put 1500+ workers for 4-6 weeks in close proximity during a WORLD WIDE VIRUS OUTBREAK!!!!! 

Just cancel you cruises and move on... How self centered could you be? Bunch of whining babies....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NJporkroll said:

Most of you are living in a FOG!!!  They cruise ships are not going into dry dock and costing anywhere from $150-250 Million dollars to refurb so you can get an AMPED vacation.  GEE I WONDER WHY??? maybe because you cant put 1500+ workers for 4-6 weeks in close proximity during a WORLD WIDE VIRUS OUTBREAK!!!!! 

Just cancel you cruises and move on... How self centered could you be? Bunch of whining babies....

Then leave these cruise boards and get back to work on a vaccine. Stop wasting time here. 

• Like 1

Did anybody notice the significant price drops on Allure's Mediterranean Cruises? I'm wondering if that happened because of the coronavirus crisis, or because she won't get amplified. We are booked for September for our very first cruise,  and the price for our stateroom category is more than 700 Euros (=760 Dollar) cheaper now for the two of us. Unfortunately we don't get price drops once the deposit has been paid. We didn't choose this cruise for the itinerary, we wanted the experience of a "new" Oasis Class Ship for our first cruise. I'm not willing to pay a lot of more bucks for an announcement that won't happen. I'm not sure if I should cancel and rebook with loosing the deposit, or just wait and see.

7 minutes ago, German Mermaid said:

Did anybody notice the significant price drops on Allure's Mediterranean Cruises? I'm wondering if that happened because of the coronavirus crisis, or because she won't get amplified. 

Prices drop for one reason... lack of demand and a lot of empty cabins.

8 hours ago, gatour said:

The Carnival Victory has arrived in Cadiz but hasn´t gone into dry dock yet. Anyway Carnival Victory and Allure were scheduled to be there at the same time. So they were supposed to go into different dry docks. And on Google you can see that there are at least 3 dry docks.

Carnival has already cancelled the Med cruises of the Carnival Radiance (new name of the Carnival Victory) saying due to the closure of the ship yard the ship won´t be ready in time for the few planned Med cruises.

steamboats

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I don't think they have much leeway on the required marine work.

There was actually a story about how the work was to be reduced prior to the Spanish Government issuing the state of emergency and the Navantia shipyard closing. 

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/cadiz/Royal-Caribbean-Allure-seas-Cadiz-reforma-coronavirus_0_1445855745.html

Google translate: 

Royal Caribbean reduces the scope of the reform of the 'Allure of the Seas' in Cádiz due to the coronavirus
The shipping company postpones the remodeling of the cabins although it maintains the repair of the hull and the propulsion elements

15 hours ago, NJporkroll said:

We are not saying they will be doing the rehab right now in fact the thing I posted mentioned how the carnival ship that was already 75% done has now had the work suspended.  So obviously other ships in the queue will be backed up.

What we speculating about is once work can resume will ships scheduled for rehab/amping will have the work done.

We loved Sabor on Oasis. So disappointed also with the Playmaker's change. Also, loved Vintages on Oasis, not sure I like the idea of combining it with Giovanni's.  We did like Playmaker's on Mariner, I just hate to see Sabor go.

Edited by depplep
punctuation

16 minutes ago, depplep said:

We loved Sabor on Oasis. So disappointed also with the Playmaker's change. Also, loved Vintages on Oasis, not sure I like the idea of combining it with Giovanni's.  We did like Playmaker's on Mariner, I just hate to see Sabor go.

Personally, I think El Loco Fresh is a much better overall option than Sabor. My opinion though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, depplep said:

Haven't been on a ship that had El Loco Fresh. Didn't like Sabor on Freedom though.

If you only liked it 50% of the time then why are you disappointed by the change to Playmaker’s? From your post, it seems you have a higher probability of enjoying Playmaker’s when comparing it against Sabor.

14 minutes ago, depplep said:

The food wasn't as good on Freedom and the venue was awful. Depends what you're in the mood for? Mexican or wings? Both would be nice.

Isn’t that what’s on the Oasis.  El loco fresh and Playmakers.  Personally the only thing I miss from Sabor is the Jalepino, Bacon poppers...wish they added those to Playmakers menu..great bar food. 

23 hours ago, NJporkroll said:

Allure needs to get Azipods fixed 

• Like 1