How does the 125% FCC work?

Okay, here’s my understanding—please tell me if I’m wrong!

Our base cruise fare was $1500 for one stateroom. On my invoice, it shows I paid $1000 for me, $500 for my bf, and $0 for each of the kids (Because it was Kids Sail Free). Does the FCC come back exactly like that? So I’ll have $1000 I can use only on me, $500 I can use only on my bf, and nothing for each of the kids?

And then how is the extra 25% distributed? Evenly to each person in the stateroom?

This is what I thought the RCI rep told me when I called, but I just want to make sure others were told the same (especially given how you can call and get different answers to questions sometimes!).

thanks!

So now when you re-book you will have to find another kids sail free cruise or will have to pay for the kids because your certificate is only good for you and your bf only bf? Is that correct? Guess I am glad my cruise never had a kids sail free promotion, yet. Ours is in July, final payment Apr 20 so will have to see what happens in the next month. 

3 minutes ago, chellebell91987 said:

So now when you re-book you will have to find another kids sail free cruise or will have to pay for the kids because your certificate is only good for you and your bf only bf? Is that correct? Guess I am glad my cruise never had a kids sail free promotion, yet. Ours is in July, final payment Apr 20 so will have to see what happens in the next month. 

Correct 

I'm hoping this is something they reconsider soon. Bearing in mind the purpose behind the 125% credit is to convince people not to take the cash back at a time when the company needs it, they need to let people at least combine the credits on a single stateroom.

We booked during a 60% off the second fare promo, prices were inflated during this so overall we didn't pay much less, but it means that if they cancel our sailing I'll get over £2100, but my partner will only get £800.

It's unlikely we'll find a suitable sailing with the same promo, so we'll end up having to pay extra for her fare while I'll end up wasting a large portion of mine. We'll have no choice but to take the money. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Smiles1984 said:

I'm hoping this is something they reconsider soon. Bearing in mind the purpose behind the 125% credit is to convince people not to take the cash back at a time when the company needs it, they need to let people at least combine the credits on a single stateroom.

With the IT system they have in place and Royal math, I think it's beyond their capabilities.  That's why it's good they have the 100% refund option at least.

Edited by AshleyDillo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smiles1984 said:

It's unlikely we'll find a suitable sailing with the same promo, so we'll end up having to pay extra for her fare while I'll end up wasting a large portion of mine. We'll have no choice but to take the money. 

Actually in your case you should be fine as they don't break down the new booked cruisefare per person.  As long as the person who is named on the FCC is on the reservation it should be able to be applied to the full combined cruisefare.

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Actually in your case you should be fine as they don't break down the new booked cruisefare per person.  As long as the person who is named on the FCC is on the reservation it should be able to be applied to the full combined cruisefare.

In that case I stand corrected. I thought I read in another thread that pax couldn't do that. If that's the case we'll just rebook. 

Thanks for clearing it up!

2 hours ago, Bowmanvilletravel said:

We are in the middle of having an April cruise cancelled and we’re told the FCC is in each persons name and isn’t transferrable 

We used a FCC before and this is the way it worked.  

Also, it did not include the amount for the taxes and port charges for us.  

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

3 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

We used a FCC before and this is the way it worked.  

Also, it did not include the amount for the taxes and port charges for us.  

Thanks DragonOfTheSeas.  We were also reminded that taxes and port charges were not included in the math.

For example:  If your total price is $2000.  If taxes and port fees were $200.  Then it would be $1,800 x 1.25 = $2,250.

$2,250 will be your FCC.

17 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Since when.   

Royal Caribbean canceled our cruise in August, we were provided FCC individually. When we went to book another cruise, one person had leftover FCC, and we had to pay more for the second person to take the cruise. 

The FCC went into a specific account for each individual, and had to be used from that individual’s account. There was no combining of the total cruise fare.  Further, since the FCC is for an individual, it cannot be transferred to someone else. 

We still have FCC left over but cannot apply it to any other cruises until after we come back from the cruise in which the FCC was used. The cruise is scheduled for May, and could be canceled. 

I would love to see your scenario, but that has not been our experience.

m

Edited by cruisegirl1

AshleyDillo can you cite a source for your info? Sounds like a lot of people have had a very different experience.

If it's not transferable royal are going to see a lot more people decline the FCC which I understand they're relying on right now.

1 hour ago, GetToLivin said:

So what happens for those people who use the FCC to book a cruise in say, May/June, and what if that cruise then gets cancelled? Would they give another 125% FCC? 🧐 

Hasn’t happens. No one knows how they will handle the next situation 

1 hour ago, GetToLivin said:

So what happens for those people who use the FCC to book a cruise in say, May/June, and what if that cruise then gets cancelled? Would they give another 125% FCC? 🧐 

16 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Hasn’t happened. No one knows how they will handle the next situation 

domino GIF

• Like 1

I can't be the only one thinking of booking a cruise for April 13, for example, and expecting Royal Caribbean to cancel it just to get the FCC and whatever other benefits they offer to go with it. Right?

Will that work? I feel it's most likely they will cancel cruises until at least June.

8 minutes ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

I can't be the only one thinking of booking a cruise for April 13, for example, and expecting Royal Caribbean to cancel it just to get the FCC and whatever other benefits they offer to go with it. Right?

Will that work? I feel it's most likely they will cancel cruises until at least June.

Sure but what happens when you have paid for that cruise in full and Royal decides to wait until the 12th to cancel leaving you know option but to cancel 48 hours beforehand taking a 100% FCC or Royal changes their offer and only offers a 100% FCC instead of 125%

• Like 1