Is royal offering any on board credit for keeping upcoming reservation?

7 minutes ago, irzero said:

what incentive is there to risk it or even book at the moment. Most people probably would go on even if they were being paid!

I think what is being ask about is people who are booked for cruises in the late spring and early summer 

We are booked for a cruise in August and are considering cancelling before final payment, if they offered an incentive to keep the booking we might reconsider keeping it. An OBC of some type would be good.

Edited by jsf
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, teacherman said:

My advice is cancel now and take your money.  Some people seem to think this whole virus thing is going to end in a month.  

Its not ever going to end. This strain is here to stay. You just need to use common sense. The whole idea of the sky is falling needs to stop.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Its not ever going to end. This strain is here to stay. You just need to use common sense. The whole idea of the sky is falling needs to stop.

I agree. People are going crazy. A little common sense should be used.

Edited by mrpayroll
  • Like 2

For what it is  worth.....

Princess is offering future booked passengers complimentary upgrades.

We are booked on a cruise on the new Sky Princess for Nov.5.

Last Thursday, we received an e mail informing us of an upgrade from a balcony cabin to a mini-suite. Many others have posted on the Princess forum that they have also recently received complimentary upgrades.

Is this an incentive for passengers to retain their bookings ? Perhaps.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, teacherman said:

My advice is cancel now and take your money.  Some people seem to think this whole virus thing is going to end in a month.  

There are some doctors saying it doesnt thrive in high heat and humidity, that's why those having summer now like south america dont have many cases but might once they hit their winter.

It could die out here somewhat during summer and come back in the fall.

We dont know, but it's possible in a month or so its temporarily better. 

2 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Correct, but once a person is exposed and comes down with the illness, one is forever immune (until it evolves significantly enough to appear distinct to the immune system).  With exposure rates estimated at between 25 and 70% over the next two years, a significant number of people will be good to go eventually.

5 minutes ago, PhotoJim said:

Correct, but once a person is exposed and comes down with the illness, one is forever immune (until it evolves significantly enough to appear distinct to the immune system).  With exposure rates estimated at between 25 and 70% over the next two years, a significant number of people will be good to go eventually.

Just saw a report on the NBC world news of an individual being infected for the second time. 

• Like 2

No one knows nothing.  Someone sent me this big thing yesterday SUPPOSEDLY from some Italian doctor working in China who had really studied this virus.  One of his statements was the virus cannot live in heat, so once the temperature goes above 80 degrees it will die.   Interesting.  The human body temp is 98.6 degrees.  So, I guess that as soon as it enters your body it will die.    🤔  How warm is it in Florida right now?  Texas?  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jsf said:

We are booked for a cruise in August and are considering cancelling before final payment, if they offered an incentive to keep the booking we might reconsider keeping it. An OBC of some type would be good.

So giving you $100 in OBC would change your mind?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 8:16 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Just saw a report on the NBC world news of an individual being infected for the second time. 

There is still some information for scientists to learn, but the consensus was that either a) the patient hadn't yet recovered, or b) that the test can detect and register positive for residual dead virus.

As far as I know, there's no confirmed case of a second infection in the same person.  And there are lots of cases where the antibodies of survivors are being used to treat patients, and there is some promise in doing this based on the results.

Now, will COVID-19 become like the cold and we can effectively get the same virus a couple of years later?  We don't know yet.

On 3/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, teacherman said:

No one knows nothing.  Someone sent me this big thing yesterday SUPPOSEDLY from some Italian doctor working in China who had really studied this virus.  One of his statements was the virus cannot live in heat, so once the temperature goes above 80 degrees it will die.   Interesting.  The human body temp is 98.6 degrees.  So, I guess that as soon as it enters your body it will die.    🤔  How warm is it in Florida right now?  Texas?  

For a “teacherman”, that first sentence is not very good grammar. 

Sorry, I couldn’t resist 😎

• Like 1

That is a paraphrase of a quote I have heard many times.  I believe it originated in Hollywood and was said by William Goldman in his book "Adventures in the Screen Trade",  a book about the making of movies.  He was pointing out that many people tell you what will, and will not, work in a screenplay.   The concept is that many writers come up with a "new" idea that they are sure will be successful, but most of the them are not.

I have heard the phrase quoted by television commentators, especially in times like the current one, when so many people have "new" ideas that they are sure will work.  Most of them will not.  😇🤔

On 3/15/2020 at 7:09 PM, PhotoJim said:

I just received a message from my doctor this morning.  I asked about getting an antibody test for COVID 19, since

I'm 4-for-4 with our last cruises, ending 2/15/20:  1. sailed from New Orleans; 2. sailed over Chinese New Years with MANY Asians not speaking English, soo.......... 3. was on a cruise ship, and 4. got sick with a "cold", after 7 days got pneumonia.

Fully recovered now, but I wanted to know about getting tested for the antibody.  The doctor today told me they don't have reliable tests for it, they don't know if, or for how long, a person is immune, and he doesn't recommend me being tested until these things are better understood.

I was thinking if I had the antibody that I would donate plasma.

Virus antibodies are usually strong for about 10 - 12 months afterwards, some longer, but not permanently.  I was told that the antibody is a good "foundation" for fighting off a mutated version of the original virus, which is why my Hong Kong flu experience in 1968 helped me with H1N1.

• Like 1