Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Ovation is still southbound off the US west coast.

Averaging 17 knots and a destination of SEA on the 27th.

But I can’t find a port SEA ,there’s a airport that name in Seattle but the port  is called Seattle.

Could be going to LA to meet up with Solstice.

Any idea @Kiwi_cruiser?

I will keep an eye on her :).

I am going to do another update at the weekend, so I might have more news by then.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Ovation is still southbound off the US west coast.

Averaging 17 knots and a destination of SEA on the 27th.

But I can’t find a port SEA ,there’s a airpoI think trt that name in Seattle but the port  is called Seattle.

I think they may be using the airline (IATA) 3 letter codes. Royal Princess is showing SIN, Carnival Splendor is DXB, Spectrum HKG.

4 hours ago, woodscruise said:

I think they may be using the airline (IATA) 3 letter codes. Royal Princess is showing SIN, Carnival Splendor is DXB, Spectrum HKG.

I thought that , it’s the obvious but google it and only SEATAK airport comes up.
Ovation must be going to LA and returning to Seattle.

Celebrity Solstice looks like it’s going to get to LA about the same time.

Maybe solstice is delivering Singapore noodles to Ovation.

Looks like spectrum has been given the all go in Hong Kong.

Check out Hong Kong cruise society FB

Edited by Chiliburn

25 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

It looks like Ovation has turned around and now heading back up north.

image.png.c577ae9b3aabe4e3180e420aad60281e.png

I also saw HK cruise society post on Spectrum. 

I don't think there is now a spare ship for our winter. 

Radiance,
 RC could bring Brilliance or Rhapsody through the Panama Canal to replace Radiance in Alaska.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

It looks like Ovation has turned around and now heading back up north.

image.png.c577ae9b3aabe4e3180e420aad60281e.png

I also saw HK cruise society post on Spectrum. 

I don't think there is now a spare ship for our winter. 

It’s not looking good for the rest of this season. There was a glimmer of hope with ovation heading south but apparently Seattle had strong winds.

If we don’t get Radiance over winter we have to wait until October.

15 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

thought that , it’s the obvious but google it and only SEATAK airport comes up

Nope - it’s SEA

Seattle–Tacoma International Airport, also referred to as Sea–Tac, is the primary commercial airport serving the Seattle metropolitan area in the U.S. state of Washington. It is in the city of SeaTac, approximately 14 miles south of Downtown Seattle and 18 miles north-northeast of Downtown Tacoma. 
Source Wikipedia

Address: 17801 International Blvd, Seattle, WA 98158, United States

Description
Code: SEA
Elevation: 132 m
Passengers: 20,061,507
WMO Code: 72793
Aircraft movements: 296,048
  • Haha 1

Royal Princess seems to be heading to Singapore, does anyone know why? I can't find anything to suggest that it is going for a dry-dock.

From what I can see on the Princess site its next cruise is from Vancouver to Alaska next May.

1 hour ago, Wanderers2 said:

Royal Princess seems to be heading to Singapore, does anyone know why? I can't find anything to suggest that it is going for a dry-dock.

From what I can see on the Princess site its next cruise is from Vancouver to Alaska next May.

We're all wondering that.

Crew pick-up perhaps if cruising here is feasible early in the New Year? She was originally scheduled to homeport in Sydney before all her cruises were cancelled.

1 hour ago, Wanderers2 said:

It’s all speculation,could be going for some work,then it could be a staging port for us.

Edited by Chiliburn

Australian Cruise Ships Update - 21st November 2021:

In this update I have again included the location of most of the Aussie fleet who was sailing from Australia during our session (when covid hit) or who might have seen down-under this year:

After completing her Alaska session Ovation of the seas is now back in warm layup, so we welcome her back to the list 🙂, scroll down to see where she is.

Cruise ships anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

Pacific Explorer, Pacific Encounter, Diamond Princess and Island Princess, and 2 Seabourn cruise ships (One of the Seabourn ships Seabourn Sojourn has also gone for a sail) :

Limassol-Cypruscruiseships21112021.jpg

Sapphire Princess - Has gone for a sail of the coast of Limassol:

sapphireprincess21112021.jpg

Voyager of the Seas - Anchored of Limassol, Cyprus:

She seem to be Anchored closer to town then the rest of the cruise ships.

voyageroftheseas21112021.jpg

Pacific Adventure - still docked at wet dock in Trieste, Italy:

pacificadventure21112021.jpg

Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor -  Are still in Dubai, United Arab Emirates:

carnivalspirit-splendor21112021.jpg

Carnival Spirit has been in to dry dock and have received her new paint job!

You can see her dry dock photos here: Carnival Spirit Drydock in Dubai, United Arab Emirates >

Radiance Of The Seas - Still docked in Cadiz, Spain.

radianceoftheseas21112021.jpg

Radiance Of The Seas has also been in to dry dock for a paint refresh. You can see her dry dock photos here: Radiance Of The Seas drydock in Cadiz, Spain >

Celebrity Solstice - Has left Singapore and headed to Honolulu and from there she is currently on her way to San Diego, California:

celebritysolstice13112021.jpg

She is due in San Diego, California on Monday/Tuesday.

Celebrity Eclipse - Anchored off San Diego, California:

celebrityeclipse21112021.jpg

Royal Princess - Has left the USA and headed to Honolulu and from there she is currently on her way back to Singapore. Still unsure what she will do when she gets to Singapore and AIS do not even give a date on when she will arrive as this stage.

royalprincess21112021.jpg

Coral Princess - Has left Port Everglades and is currently on her way to Gibraltar.

There is talk that she will be going in to dry dock in Europe.

coralprincess21112021.jpg

Ovation of the Seas - Is currently of the coast of San Francisco and looks like she might be on her way back to Seattle, USA, according to her AIS.

ovationoftheseas21112021.jpg

I think Ovation of the Seas left her Seattle anchorage due to the weather around Seattle.

Seattle had 60mph winds this last week: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/weather/weather-updates-heavy-rain-strong-winds-power-outages-and-flooding-expected-in-seattle-area/

Note: As the Emerald Princess has restarted sailing from the USA, she will no longer be include in the list.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Australian Cruise Ships Update - 21st November 2021:

In this update I have again included the location of most of the Aussie fleet who was sailing from Australia during our session (when covid hit) or who might have seen down-under this year:

After completing her Alaska session Ovation of the seas is now back in warm layup, so we welcome her back to the list 🙂, scroll down to see where she is.

Cruise ships anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

Pacific Explorer, Pacific Encounter, Diamond Princess and Island Princess, and 2 Seabourn cruise ships (One of the Seabourn ships Seabourn Sojourn has also gone for a sail) :

Limassol-Cypruscruiseships21112021.jpg

Sapphire Princess - Has gone for a sail of the coast of Limassol:

sapphireprincess21112021.jpg

Voyager of the Seas - Anchored of Limassol, Cyprus:

She seem to be Anchored closer to town then the rest of the cruise ships.

voyageroftheseas21112021.jpg

Pacific Adventure - still docked at wet dock in Trieste, Italy:

pacificadventure21112021.jpg

Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor -  Are still in Dubai, United Arab Emirates:

carnivalspirit-splendor21112021.jpg

Carnival Spirit has been in to dry dock and have received her new paint job!

You can see her dry dock photos here: Carnival Spirit Drydock in Dubai, United Arab Emirates >

Radiance Of The Seas - Still docked in Cadiz, Spain.

radianceoftheseas21112021.jpg

Radiance Of The Seas has also been in to dry dock for a paint refresh. You can see her dry dock photos here: Radiance Of The Seas drydock in Cadiz, Spain >

Celebrity Solstice - Has left Singapore and headed to Honolulu and from there she is currently on her way to San Diego, California:

celebritysolstice13112021.jpg

She is due in San Diego, California on Monday/Tuesday.

Celebrity Eclipse - Anchored off San Diego, California:

celebrityeclipse21112021.jpg

Royal Princess - Has left the USA and headed to Honolulu and from there she is currently on her way back to Singapore. Still unsure what she will do when she gets to Singapore and AIS do not even give a date on when she will arrive as this stage.

royalprincess21112021.jpg

Coral Princess - Has left Port Everglades and is currently on her way to Gibraltar.

There is talk that she will be going in to dry dock in Europe.

coralprincess21112021.jpg

Ovation of the Seas - Is currently of the coast of San Francisco and looks like she might be on her way back to Seattle, USA, according to her AIS.

ovationoftheseas21112021.jpg

I think Ovation of the Seas left her Seattle anchorage due to the weather around Seattle.

Seattle had 60mph winds this last week: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/weather/weather-updates-heavy-rain-strong-winds-power-outages-and-flooding-expected-in-seattle-area/

Note: As the Emerald Princess has restarted sailing from the USA, she will no longer be include in the list.

Thank you for all the information.

I have just had a look at Cruise Mapper & according to that site Royal Princess is due to arrive in Singapore on December 1st.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wanderers2 said:

We are booked on her in March but supposed to be going to Queensland. Not sure that will happen as they are talking Intrastate cruises from Sydney only

Maybe they might end up offering you instead a short cruise to Eden. 😄

All jokes aside it will be interesting to see how they are going to mange this intrastate cruising in terms of itinerary.

5 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Maybe they might end up offering you instead a short cruise to Eden. 😄

All jokes aside it will be interesting to see how they are going to mange this intrastate cruising in terms of itinerary.

Newcastle, Eden, Jervis Bay and maybe a lap of Lord Howe Island.🤔

5 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Newcastle, Eden, Jervis Bay and maybe a lap of Lord Howe Island.🤔

That about wraps it up but no complaints as long as they do the cooking and cleaning for me for a few days.😁

• Like 3