Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

53 minutes ago, NSWP said:

She is some sort of P and O icon is she not? She has a cult following on Pando Straya.

Yes, she is a cruise director and  has been out of work since May 2020. She is in quarantine for 14 days on the ship at the moment and it is in drydock changing from Golden Princess to Pacific Adventure.

Hopefully we will find out what is happening from her FB posts 🙂

Cheers

Tanya

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, stki said:

Yes, she is a cruise director and  has been out of work since May 2020. She is in quarantine for 14 days on the ship at the moment and it is in drydock changing from Golden Princess to Pacific Adventure.

Hopefully we will find out what is happening from her FB posts 🙂

Cheers

Tanya

Yes and thank you, I knew she was a CD and very popular with the Pando mob.  She would be glad to be back on the ships, I suppose they got no pay whilst off.😢

Edited by NSWP

3 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Golden Princess has now gone in to dry dock in Trieste, Italy and it sonds like she is going to be transformed into the Pacific Adventure!

goldenprincess1608202102.jpg

goldenprincess1608202102b.jpg

I have been there once. I cant call it a nice place. It took me awhile to figure out where to go. Its a like an industrial zone sorrounded by the highway. I wonder what kind of ships are eligble to dock there. In any case, hope they transform it

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I have been there once. I cant call it a nice place. It took me awhile to figure out where to go. Its a like an industrial zone sorrounded by the highway. I wonder what kind of ships are eligble to dock there. In any case, hope they transform it

It is a bit industrial but it does also have a nice well preserved historical centre and beautiful piazzas. Miramare Castle is a great visit from there and on the south side the coastline down to Lazzaretto makes a very nice drive. 

9 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Golden Princess going in to dry dock in Trieste, Italy:

234387436_1076083669593098_1788189388057

238337886_1076083616259770_5391807689547

237877246_1076083662926432_7046728684870

Love the Golden, did Buenos Aires to LA around cape horn on her in 2014. Thanks for posting. Loved the pram handle with skywalkers.

Edited by NSWP

• 3 weeks later...

Cruise Ship Update - 13th September 2021:

In this update I have included the location of most of the Aussie fleet who was sailing from Australia during our session (when covid hit) or who might have seen down-under this year:

Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Eclipse AIS is still not responding / updating :(, so I presume they are still anchored of Singapore.

Pacific Explorer has now moved back to be anchored off Singapore:

pacificexplour12092021.jpg

Pacific Adventure still docked at wet dock in Trieste, Italy:

pacificadventyre12092021.jpg

Pacific Encounter and Sapphire Princess anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

limassol12092021.jpg

They are joined by 3 Seabourn ships as well. Diamond Princess was out there as well, but she has gone for a sail, and is out of AIS range.

Carnival Spirit and Carnival Splendor are still in Dubai, United Arab Emirates:

carnivalspirit-carnivalsplendor13092021.

Radiance Of The Seas is now docked in Cadiz, Spain.

radianceoftheseas12092021.jpg

It looks like she is currently waiting for a drydock to become free, as there is currently about 3 cruise ships in dry dock.

Voyager of the Seas was anchored of Hong Kong, but she is now on her way back to Port Klang:

voyageroftheseas13092021.jpg

Royal Princess currently drifting of the San Francisco coast:

royalprincess12092021.jpg

Coral Princess currently anchored of Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas

coralprincess12092021.jpg

Emerald Princess is currently on her way to Long Beach, California, USA:

emeraldprincess13092021.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Celebrity Solstice is still hanging around Singapore a little NE of Pac Explorer.  Celebrity Eclipse has left the area and is bound for Hawaii.

I read something about the Celebrity Eclipse heading to Hawaii, but her AIS does not say anything, at this stage.

• Like 1

image.png.c9e176d8c3b6148370835263a58ec0cb.png

Celebrity Eclipse current location is at North Pacific Ocean (coordinates 25.33530 N / 173.11502 E) cruising at speed of 12.1 kn (22 kph/ 14 mph) en route to HAWAII HNL. The AIS position was reported 17 minutes ago.

image.png.ec4dab436103f6ceb1a5fba1b2cdab21.png

Celebrity Solstice current location is at South East Asia (coordinates 2.03375 N / 104.73585 E) cruising The AIS position was reported 13 minutes ago.

I was using CruiseMapper to locate and check on ships.  I used to use Marine Traffic but when they get out of range it is hard to track them.  Cruisemapper seems to be fairly up to date.

And sorry but Solstice is North West of Pacific Explorer not East.  Oops

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

Thanks for the update. It's always good to see where the ships are, even if we can't be on them.

Someone posted on another thread that Royal Princess was en route to Singapore but this doesn't look like it. Does anyone know where that information was from? 

Yes for about 2 days she was listed on AIS as heading for Singapore from Seattle.  However she either had a change of heart or the posted info was incorrect because she headed back south.  It was shortly after our govt extended the cruise ban so .......  Perhaps not what they were expecting.

I saw the info on both Cruisemapper and Marine Traffic websites and someone on the Singapore Cruise Society page also saw it but with a different ETA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Funny but last night I was watching Parodeejay's YouTube blog of their embarkation on Serenade of the Seas in Seattle bound for Alaska.  In the background it showed Royal Princess tied up next to them then departing Seattle without passengers.

• Like 3

Pacific Explorer is now on her way to Manila, probably crew change.  Pacific Encounter, Diamond and Sapphire Princess are still off Limassol along with 3 Seabourn ships.  Pacific Adventure still in wet dock.  Royal Princess still hanging around in the drifting area west coast of USA.

image.png.00ac9e7f407566f316cb6c55abe591b0.png

• Like 2