Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

Hi Adrian

i hope you are wrong.

we had our coral cruise from Melbourne to Fremantle cancelled last month.

was suppose sail out on 1 March.

Trying to get our money back on chargeback.  Coral would only offer credit.

eileen

Hi Adrian,

just rung Coral Expeditions and they definitely do not have a cruise sailing from Melbourne today.

she said the boat might be there as it has to get back to Fremantle for their next  cruise so it is probably empty.  

had a look at the listing for Port Melbourne sailings and it is listed to sail today so what you saw was correct,   

she said they still do not have authority to bring cruise passengers from Melbourne to Fremantle at this point of time.

no wonder companies in Australia lose money.   The governments are ridiculous!

Eileen

Hi Eileen

yes, I saw it well offshore, but did not have binoculars or camera to get a close up look.

When I got home I looked up up Vicports to see what was floating in the anvchorage.

Marine Traffic shows it about to leave the Bay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I go on a two week holiday to Rarotonga (I just got back in to New Zealand tonight!) and what happens the day before I get back to New Zealand?

The Australia government announces the end of the Australia cruise ship ban!!

https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/media/cruise-ships-ban-to-end-april-17

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Well I go on a two week holiday to Rarotonga (I just got back in to New Zealand tonight!) and what happens the day before I get back to New Zealand?

The Australia government announces the end of the Australia cruise ship ban!!

https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/the-hon-greg-hunt-mp/media/cruise-ships-ban-to-end-april-17

Welcome back, NZ will open to Aussies again on 12 April as well

• Like 1

I don’t know if anyone has noticed but it looks like Radiance of the seas has been pulled out of Australia for the 2022-2023 season.

It could be a hiccup but it can’t be booked and has totally disappeared for that period.

Only Ovation and Quantum???

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know if anyone has noticed but it looks like Radiance of the seas has been pulled out of Australia for the 2022-2023 season.

It could be a hiccup but it can’t be booked and has totally disappeared for that period.

I have two cruises booked on Radiance in March and both are still appearing on my app. 
I have noticed the Royal Caribbean website has been ‘weird’ for a few weeks, with different cruises disappearing and then reappearing for booking. Many Ovation cruises in December seem to have done this too…. Thought it may have been a technical issue??

… hope that’s all it is. 

5 minutes ago, Jandex said:

I have two cruises booked on Radiance in March and both are still appearing on my app. 
I have noticed the Royal Caribbean website has been ‘weird’ for a few weeks, with different cruises disappearing and then reappearing for booking. Many Ovation cruises in December seem to have done this too…. Thought it may have been a technical issue??

… hope that’s all it is. 

RC website is always weird.

Just doing a bit of surfing,RC website doesn’t have Radiance to book and some the big agents that you can book live say CALL .

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

For 23/24 season Ovation, Quantum & Enchantment - on sale from Tuesday. 

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Yes I noticed this yesterday, as well as the Oz Cruising website there are no Radiance sailings its all Ovation out of Sydney and Quantum out of Brisbane, at this stage still showing on my planner though.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

According to a friend on Facebook who is also booked on Radiance of the seas this summer has been told that Radiance of the seas has been pulled out of Australia for the 2022-2023 season.

Monday the e-mails will go out.

My November Radiance cruise disappeared a month or two ago and then reappeared with greatly increased prices. Maybe I'm wrong but could re-pricing be the reason?

Edit: Just saw Kiwi's post, now feel like crying.

Edited by fairywren

17 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

According to a friend on Facebook who is also booked on Radiance of the seas this summer has been told that Radiance of the seas has been pulled out of Australia for the 2022-2023 season.

15 minutes ago, fairywren said:

My November Radiance cruise disappeared a month or two ago and then reappeared with greatly increased prices. Maybe I'm wrong but could re-pricing be the reason?

Edit: Just saw Kiwi's post, now feel like crying.

If it’s dropped there must be another bigger  ship but which one?

It couldn’t be a oasis or a quantum unless they changed some of the ports like Newcastle and Melbourne.

I keep thinking about Voyager. It’s supposed to start in the Baltic in a couple of weeks. All the other lines have dumped the Baltic because of the trouble.

Voyager is currently anchored of Cyprus with a full crew.
All dressed and nowhere to go.

Australian Cruise Ships Update -  20th March 2022

This week marks the two year Anniversary of when I created this thread, thinking this was only going to last a few months.... 😳

This week also brings the great news that the Australia government has the announces the End of the Australia Cruise Ship Ban!

I have included the location of most of the Aussie fleet who was sailing from Australia during our session (when covid hit) or who we might have seen down-under this year 2021/2022:

Cruise ships anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

Pacific Explorer, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess, and Oosterdam, and 2 Seabourn cruise ships.

limassol-cyprus-cruiseships19032022.jpg

Pacific Adventure is having a sail of the coast of Limassol, Cyprus:

pacificadventure19032022.jpg

Pacific Encounter is having a sail of the coast of Limassol, Cyprus:

pacificencounter19032022.jpg

Radiance Of The Seas - Has left Limassol, Cyprus and has has visited Gibraltar for a technical call, she is now on her way to Port Everglades, USA to get ready for her Alaska season.

radianceoftheseas19032022.jpg

Voyager of the Seas - is anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

voyageroftheseas19032022.jpg

Carnival Splendor - Has left Dubai and is currently heading to Singapore:

I guess Carnival Splendor is heading to Singapore to get her ready for her Alaska season.

carnivalsplendor19032022.jpg

Royal Princess - is still anchored off Long Beach, California:

royalprincess19032022.jpg

Coral Princess - Has left Fort Lauderdale, USA and currently heading to Great Isaac Cay:

coralprincess19032022.jpg

Celebrity Solstice  - Anchored off San Diego, California:

celebritysolstice19032022.jpg

Celebrity Eclipse - Docked in Los Angeles, USA

celebrityeclipse19032022.jpg

Ovation of the Seas - Is currently sailing off San Diego, USA:

ovationoftheseas19032022.jpg

Note:

As the Carnival Spirit has restarted sailing from the USA, she will no longer be mention in the updates, but she will still get a special mention, when I can get a nice webcam capture of her 🙂

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I keep thinking about Voyager. It’s supposed to start in the Baltic in a couple of weeks. All the other lines have dumped the Baltic because of the trouble.

Voyager is currently anchored of Cyprus with a full crew.
All dressed and nowhere to go.

I was booked on Voyager for a Baltic cruise in June - they are still sailing and have dropped St Petersburg and added extra ports. Passengers were given the opportunity to cancel if this didn't suit so I cancelled.

3 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Bloody hell! I just booked on the Oct 28 cruise on Radiance a few nights ago. Same thing happened last time I booked with Royal, booked a cruise for this April and two days later it got cancelled.

Maybe I'm just bad luck!