Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Question should be:

”Will P&O survive the 🌶”

😆😂

I heard ,P&O U.K. are in pretty bad shape , I don’t know if that effects them here.

I thought about it and July-August is the height of the flu season and I’m still trying to deal with the current cancellations from RC 
I think I will wait.

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I heard ,P&O U.K. are in pretty bad shape , I don’t know if that effects them here.

I thought about it and July-August is the height of the flu season and I’m still trying to deal with the current cancellations from RC 
I think I will wait.

Heard the same but only about P&O UK, they have put off 800 crew - by Zoom evidently.

Don't hear anything affecting P&O Oz - by the chatter on social media - I think they are just fine, I would book a cruise with them.

And flu season, what flu season??

How else will you judge how great Royal still are? 🙄

😆

Edited by Porky55

10 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Heard the same but only about P&O UK, they have put off 800 crew - by Zoom evidently.

Don't hear anything affecting P&O Oz - by the chatter on social media - I think they are just fine, I would book a cruise with them.

😆

Pacific adventure looks good ,pacific explorer on YouTube reminds me of the Sitmar cruises my parents used to take me on.

As for the flu season,we have been living with it all our lives but I’m just concerned about the hysteria we are going to get if someone has a sneeze.

As for P&O , I would definitely go on one of there ships . But if there’s better ships ,go with them.
I use to work on trawlers for many years. P&O couldn’t be any worse than that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

😆

It wasn't the cruise ship P&O UK but P&O Ferries who sacked the crew. P&O Ferries is owned by DP World, a logistics company from the United Arab Emirates.

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

It wasn't the cruise ship P&O UK but P&O Ferries who sacked the crew. P&O Ferries is owned by DP World, a logistics company from the United Arab Emirates.

Well done Leigh …you are on the ball!

eileen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Pacific adventure looks good ,pacific explorer on YouTube reminds me of the Sitmar cruises my parents used to take me on.

As for the flu season,we have been living with it all our lives but I’m just concerned about the hysteria we are going to get if someone has a sneeze.

As for P&O , I would definitely go on one of there ships . But if there’s better ships ,go with them.
I use to work on trawlers for many years. P&O couldn’t be any worse than that.

I think P and O Oz are ok…just don’t think you are on a 5 star ship.    It’s a few years since we went on one.   It was ok.   There are limited options just now and if you want a cruise in OZ then it will be fine.   We have a 7 day one booked for August 22!

just enjoy being on a cruise.   No cooking and no cleaning!

Eileen

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

Well there you go -  makes sense now doesn’t it 🙄

Edited by Porky55

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Well there you go -  makes sense now doesn’t it 🙄

It’s a trap for beginners.

I wonder what the accomodation is like on the UK ferries,at the moment I would be happy to sleep under on of the trucks onboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My son's company Albatros (he is Chief Commercial Officer) has evacuated it's Ukrainian Crew members to Poland and is relocating them for accommodation on to one its ships, Ocean Atlantic which is is in in the Baltic somewhere readying for the Arctic season.  Many of the Ukrainian crew members, both seafarers and expedition staff have no homes left, thus a crew cabin and food is better than nothing.

The company is also running trucks from it's Polish office to the Ukraine/Polish border with food stuffs and medical supplies. Also a sizeable donation.

OceanAtlantic_Albatros_no_logo_0_0.jpg.1fb1f3788a3c0fbde2db1b736246ea12.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, possum52 said:

All about sacking the Brit seamen and outsourcing with cheap labour from overseas.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

My son's company Albatros (he is Chief Commercial Officer) has evacuated it's Ukrainian Crew members to Poland and is relocating them for accommodation on to one its ships, Ocean Atlantic which is is in in the Baltic somewhere readying for the Arctic season.  Many of the Ukrainian crew members, both seafarers and expedition staff have no homes left, thus a crew cabin and food is better than nothing.

The company is also running trucks from it's Polish office to the Ukraine/Polish border with food stuffs and medical supplies. Also a sizeable donation.

OceanAtlantic_Albatros_no_logo_0_0.jpg.1fb1f3788a3c0fbde2db1b736246ea12.jpg

Thanks Les,

What a great company to do that.🙂

Our worries are so small compared to what the people of the Ukraine are going through.

I wonder what the other shipping lines have done for their Ukrainian employees.

I'm sure that I always see some from the Ukraine on a cruise be they musicians or engineers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Coral Princess also had a service call in Port Everglades yesterday, but looks like she has just headed back to the Bahamas to wait a little longer.

Costa Magica, touted to be heading to Carnival and sent down here to replace Spirit, has been offered-up as a ship to house refugees from Ukraine. For now, she is still unemployed off the Italian coast.

Carnival Splendor is just arriving into Manila on her way to her US Alaskan season.

• Like 1

Australian Cruise Ships Update -  3rd April 2022.

I have included the location of most of the Aussie fleet who was sailing from Australia during our session (when covid hit) or who we might have seen down-under this year 2021/2022:

Pacific Explorer - Is currently out of AIS range and is due to arrive in Singapore on 5th April 2022, according to AIS.

This screen shot is from her last reported position:

pacificexplorer28032022.jpg

Cruise ships anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

Pacific Adventure, Pacific Encounter, Sapphire Princess, and 2 Seabourn and 2 Costa cruise ships.

limassol-cyprus-cruiseships03042022.jpg

Voyager of the Seas - is having a sail of the coast of Limassol, Cyprus:

voyageroftheseas02042022.jpg

Radiance Of The Seas -  Has left Port Everglades, USA and went thought the Panama Canal. She is now on her way to Long Beach, California:

radianceoftheseas02042022.jpg

Carnival Splendor - Visited Singapore and headed to Manila and she is now on her way to Honolulu. She is due in Honolulu on 13 April 2022.

carnivalsplendor01042022.jpg

Royal Princess - is still anchored off Long Beach, California:

royalprincess02042022.jpg

Coral Princess - Currently heading to Great Isaac Cay:

coralprincess02042022.jpg

Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Eclipse - Anchored off San Diego, California:

celebritysolstice-eclipse02042022.jpg

Ovation of the Seas - Is currently out of AIS range, but its looks like she is near Seattle.

ovationoftheseas02042022.jpg

Note:

As the Carnival Spirit has restarted sailing from the USA, she will no longer be mention in the updates, but she will still get a special mention, when I can get a nice webcam capture of her 🙂

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Pacific Explorer - Is currently out of AIS range and is due to arrive in Singapore on 5th April 2022, according to AIS.

Thanks Kiwi_cruiser, that's solves why I couldn't get the position of the Pacific Explorer after she passed near Jedda, I thought in was due to her going through the pirate alley near Yemen that they didn't want to give out her position.

It will be interesting to see when the Coral starts her journey down under.

Karryl

• Like 1