Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

9 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Well ,the best I can see is domestic cruises in 2022-2023 if any.

We would like some more adventure next Christmas Rather than up and down the NSW coast.

Me and my friends have been discussing the easiest trouble free destination for a cruise and want to plan.

Europe has to many countries with differing bureaucracies .

Singapore or Japan would be ok but I read ,there something like 8 hours of paper work before you leave australia.

The U.S are having break outs but seem to be doing it without to much inconvenience.

Dubai is another possibility , I haven’t done much research on that.

Maybe someone has a suggestion?

Maybe if we get a new government things may change but who knows what the next year will bring.

We’re booked on Navigator for two cruises in Nov next year.  A non stop flight might be the best option to minimise the chance of exposure.  

5 minutes ago, geoff2802 said:

We’re booked on Navigator for two cruises in Nov next year.  A non stop flight might be the best option to minimise the chance of exposure.  

I said to my 22 year old daughter we may have to look at LA next Christmas and she said if Disneyland is involved she is coming.
Houston isn’t much further and there’s oasis class out of Galveston?

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I said to my 22 year old daughter we may have to look at LA next Christmas and she said if Disneyland is involved she is coming.
Houston isn’t much further and there’s oasis class out of Galveston?

Yeah, that would be good too.  
We’ve been to 2 of the 3 ports Allure calls at, but we’ve never been to the Pacific side of Mexico.  

• Thanks 1

We'd like to do Japan, both northern ports.snd southern ports. Princess has a combined itinerary that we like but we're not booking anything yet. I fear this damned virus isn't done with us yet so if we do decided to go anywhere it will be a very last minute decision.

Then again, since it's our 25th wedding anniversary in September we might just go and chill out in Fiji where we honeymooned.

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We'd like to do Japan, both northern ports.snd southern ports. Princess has a combined itinerary that we like but we're not booking anything yet. I fear this damned virus isn't done with us yet so if we do decided to go anywhere it will be a very last minute decision.

Then again, since it's our 25th wedding anniversary in September we might just go and chill out in Fiji where we honeymooned.

What about Princess out of San Francisco ?

They look like they some interesting 10 nighters to Mexico.

On 12/23/2021 at 7:04 AM, Porky55 said:

So you are seriously considering an overseas cruise? And when?

Wonder who else is thinking this way, or has an OS cruise booked for 22/23?

Booked for September 2022 Coral Princess to Hawaii & Sth Pacific. 🤞

I walked down to the market on the foreshore last evening.

casting my gaze across to Station Pier, I could see the red nd white boat.

Then I noticed another craft. The Caledonian Sky was in port. Scheduled to leave at 6pm this evening. 

How odd. A Festivus miracle.

Edited by Docker123
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Then I noticed another craft. The Caledonian Sky was in port. Scheduled to leave at 6pm this evening. 

My niece and her family arrived on the Spirit last night to spend Christmas in Victoria. How big is the Caledonia Sky Adrian.

Just now, possum52 said:

My niece and her family arrived on the Spirit last night to spend Christmas in Victoria. How big is the Caledonia Sky Adrian.

It looked tiny compared to the Spirit.

IMO number 8802870
Gross Tonnage 4200
Summer Deadweight (t) 645
Length Overall (m) 91
Beam (m) 15

12 hours ago, Docker123 said:

I was at circular quay the other day with a similar feeling.
Do you feel like you have been short changed ,I do.
Last season we where disappointed this season we feel cheated.
If next season doesn’t happen?

I seriously thought about booking the Caledonian Sky but decided that I would go crazy on such a small ship. I could only afford the cheapest of ocean view cabins which are down on the waterline and although they look very good I would need open air.  I thought the dinner menu would be rather limited also and the entertainment? 

She only goes around 10 - 12 knots so it would be a slow journey.  Maybe another time.

12 hours ago, Doriima said:

Lucky enough to be getting on the Caledonian Sky tomorrow! I get the impression it's a lot more about the excursions than the cabins. Very much looking forward to celebrating the new year from the water.

Bon Voyage, where art thou going? 

15 hours ago, Doriima said:

Lucky enough to be getting on the Caledonian Sky tomorrow! I get the impression it's a lot more about the excursions than the cabins. Very much looking forward to celebrating the new year from the water.

Here we have it at Station Pier taken from Williamstown foreshore.

Can see the size comparison with the red and white boat to the left, on the other side of the pier.

Enjoy your trip Doriima.

cs1.thumb.jpg.19a7ef54857711269372f2c706d68250.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

Here we have it at Station Pier taken from Williamstown foreshore.

Can see the size comparison with the red and white boat to the left, on the other side of the pier.

Enjoy your trip Doriima.

cs1.thumb.jpg.19a7ef54857711269372f2c706d68250.jpg

And the Spirit looks a midget compared to any of the bigger cruise ships which come into Station Pier.

16 hours ago, Doriima said:

Please write a review if you have time.  Let us know about the food and how many passengers there are etc.  Maybe in future years if this season is a success they may return to Melbourne.

On 12/23/2021 at 6:15 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Fiji sounds like a good choice at this stage. 

On 12/25/2021 at 10:44 AM, Ondine said:

I seriously thought about booking the Caledonian Sky but decided that I would go crazy on such a small ship. I could only afford the cheapest of ocean view cabins which are down on the waterline and although they look very good I would need open air.  I thought the dinner menu would be rather limited also and the entertainment? 

She only goes around 10 - 12 knots so it would be a slow journey.  Maybe another time.

My last cruise was with Noble Caledonia Cruises which is the operator of chartered ships like Caledonian Sky.  They were superb in every way - food, wine with meals, talks, and included excursions.  I had a roomy single cabin on bottom deck with a porthole - very comfortable.  I missed this cruise but would be happy to cruise with them again. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

According to Marine Traffic, Caledonian Sky's port before Melbourne was Portland, South Australia. Perhaps the 30 year old tub is just doing coastal cruises.

Portland is in south western Victoria Les, not SA.

Edited by possum52