Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

A sea day ,a day sailing around Lorde Howe Island and another sea day back to Sydney would be enough for me.

Nah, that's too short. You'd barely get a chance to relax and get into the shipboard routine before it was time to disembark.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Nah, that's too short. You'd barely get a chance to relax and get into the shipboard routine before it was time to disembark.

Beggars can’t be choosers.

Just think when you flash that elite medallion and every one steps back in respect.image.jpeg.8d2cfaaa4ba07a35c0f23f81bb7a46c8.jpeg

Edited by Chiliburn

A quick update: - 28th November 2021.

Pacific Adventure - Has left Trieste, Italy and is currently on her way to Limassol, Cyprus to meet up with Pacific Explorer, Pacific Encounter, Diamond Princess, Island Princess, Sapphire Princess and Voyager of the Seas.

pacificadventure26112021.jpg

pacificadventure28112021.jpg

Celebrity Solstice - has arrived in San Diego, California:

celebritysolstice28112021.jpg

Coral Princess - Has arrived of the coast of Gibraltar:

coralprincess28112021.jpg

Ovation of the Seas - is back at anchor off Seattle, USA:

ovationoftheseas28112021.jpg

• Like 3

Australian Cruise Ships Update - 5th December 2021:

In this update I have again included the location of most of the Aussie fleet who was sailing from Australia during our session (when covid hit) or who we might have seen down-under this year:

Cruise ships anchored off Limassol, Cyprus:

Pacific Explorer, Pacific Encounter, Pacific Adventure, Sapphire Princess, Diamond Princess and Island Princess, and 2 Seabourn cruise ships.

Pacific Adventure has now joined the group 🙂

limassol-cyprus-cruiseships05122021.jpg

Carnival Spirit - Gone to stretch her legs of the coast of Dubai:

carnivalspirit05122021.jpg

Carnival Splendor - Is still docked in Dubai, United Arab Emirates:

carnivalsplendor05122021.jpg

Royal Princess - Is currently in dry dock in Singapore:

royalprincess04122021.jpg

Voyager of the Seas - Currently docked in Pireas, Greece, to pick up supply's:

voyageroftheseas05122021.jpg

Radiance Of The Seas - Still docked in Cadiz, Spain and has now been joined by Coral Princess:

Cadiz-Spaincruiseships05122021.jpg

Celebrity Solstice - Anchored off San Diego, California:

celebritysolstice05122021.jpg

Celebrity Eclipse - is currently in San Diego harbour, I guess to pick up supply's:

celebrityeclipse05122021.jpg

Ovation of the Seas - Has gone to to stretch her legs legs and is currently off San Francisco:

ovationoftheseas5122021.jpg

• Like 4

• CC Help Jenn changed the title to Cruise Ship Locations - During the cruise ship ban of 2020/2021/2022
On 12/17/2021 at 7:13 PM, MicCanberra said:

Lol, I bet you didn't  think we would need a name change when it was first started

Nope! 😲 . When I started this thread I was only thinking this cruise ban was only going to last 6 - 12 months, not TWO years! 😲

I did not even think I would needed to add 2022 to it early on in the year 😞

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Nope! 😲 . When I started this thread I was only thinking this cruise ban was only going to last 6 - 12 months, not TWO years! 😲

I did not even think I would needed to add 2022 to it early on in the year 😞

And the $64,000 question will it go on to 2023? The mind boggles.

19 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep it certainly  has dragged on a lot longer than I had expected at first as well.

I thought I was being pessimistic when I orginally said 2021 when it started in March 2020. It appears I was too conserative. 

• Like 1

When Julie started the "Predict when cruising will start again" thread  most of us thought there would be one cruise "Season" would be lost in each market. Even the most pessimistic had every market back by this time. Canada has lost 2 full seasons so far and now "Omicron" has many people looking to cancel cruises in 2022, even 6 months from now.

I hope the ships that are alongside now will be back in service soon. It would really be nice For travelers world wide to have a proper timeline as to when the markets that are currently closed will open.

Of course "Omicron" is the new apocalypse and everyone is chasing their tails to comply with the new orders. I wish they would get to actually studying this "variant" on the ground in Southern Africa to ascertain the properties, symptoms (or lack there of) and how it is effected by the vaccine. So far they have pushed the panic button without sufficient data.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 3:55 PM, Blackduck59 said:

When Julie started the "Predict when cruising will start again" thread  most of us thought there would be one cruise "Season" would be lost in each market. Even the most pessimistic had every market back by this time. Canada has lost 2 full seasons so far and now "Omicron" has many people looking to cancel cruises in 2022, even 6 months from now.

I hope the ships that are alongside now will be back in service soon. It would really be nice For travelers world wide to have a proper timeline as to when the markets that are currently closed will open.

Of course "Omicron" is the new apocalypse and everyone is chasing their tails to comply with the new orders. I wish they would get to actually studying this "variant" on the ground in Southern Africa to ascertain the properties, symptoms (or lack there of) and how it is effected by the vaccine. So far they have pushed the panic button without sufficient data.

When is your Viking cruise Lyal?

4 hours ago, onlyslightlymad said:

When is your Viking cruise Lyal?

That will be in early April, so a few months for this to settle down. Viking Orion is on the west coast of the US now doing some Los Angeles to Mexico cruises. They were originally supposed to be Hawaii itineraries but Hawaii is closed to cruise ships until the new year at least. The cruise and airfare are both paid for and barring something catastrophic (to me so far Omicron is NOT catastrophic, we need more data). So far we are doing the same as we have for months, staying mostly to ourselves.

• Like 3

Merry Christmas everyone.

there’s not much to talk about in the way of cruises in Australia.

I think we are starting to look for the easiest cruise  destination for next season . That’s the country with the least restrictions and that looks like the U.S.

We are in the height of what should be our cruise season and most of our ships are off Cypress.

6E35CBBF-36E3-4F18-B493-321BEA39E5A5.thumb.png.99b6357c33e98988949e92ffc04acf05.png

And the U.S with all it’s problems is in full swing. Even Ruby Princess is doing 9 night cruises out of San Francisco.

DB2FD710-7B3A-440E-A34D-F9DB72723FF5.thumb.png.d383a9dd3474a52cd5f2fa2381a41aaf.png

And the Caribbean is doing great,have a look at the cruise ships deployed and even though some break outs they are doing it.

36BD06CE-B721-4035-B7AD-01CD04AB8C9F.thumb.png.db73a98e0c4592b6f6684c3ce9d4233c.png

enjoy your camping trip,LOL 

18 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s the country with the least restrictions and that looks like the U.S.

So you are seriously considering an overseas cruise? And when?

Wonder who else is thinking this way, or has an OS cruise booked for 22/23?

24 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Well ,the best I can see is domestic cruises in 2022-2023 if any.

We would like some more adventure next Christmas Rather than up and down the NSW coast.

Me and my friends have been discussing the easiest trouble free destination for a cruise and want to plan.

Europe has to many countries with differing bureaucracies .

Singapore or Japan would be ok but I read ,there something like 8 hours of paper work before you leave australia.

The U.S are having break outs but seem to be doing it without to much inconvenience.

Dubai is another possibility , I haven’t done much research on that.

Maybe someone has a suggestion?

Maybe if we get a new government things may change but who knows what the next year will bring.

54 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

We have numerous  cruises booked for late 2022, Japan, Mediterranean and Africa. Not sure if the later will proceed as per its itinerary but hoping it does.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

The first one, flight time Sydney to Tokyo is 9.45hrs.

9.5 hours that good better than America.

They have the same cruise in March 2023 ,the next one is a repo to Vancouver and the next is Alaska.

That would be a good B3B but probably getting a bit ambitious in these times.

Edited by Chiliburn

Hi

we booked on celebrity for Japan in April 21 cancelled..

NCL to Japan in April 22.   Just waiting on that being cancelled.

got a terrific booking on Celebrity to Japan April 23…just in case..,with a booking fee of $25pp.  

the booking in April 23 has a women from Philadelphia organising all the excursions privately.   Most people from  celebrity 21 are going on it.  At present 105 people.  This cruise is fully booked.

surely by then we will be right to go !👏

merry Christmas.  Eileen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1