Carnival Stock

billco

18 minutes ago, Momma Mojito said:

After reading all of  these replies.    I know it's a gamble.  Would you buy Carnival stock today  

not until there is clarity about the virus. if you buy it might go to zero.

if you wait you will miss the bottom, but it will still be a good price if the company survives.

47 minutes ago, Momma Mojito said:

After reading all of  these replies.    I know it's a gamble.  Would you buy Carnival stock today  

What a difference a day makes. If I hadn't used my dividends to buy yesterday, I would be buying today. Then again I might be saying the same tomorrow.

Edited by billco
  • Like 2

I've been buying CCL stock the past week but clearly pulled the trigger too soon.  I do want to buy more but am going to hold out for now as I fear it could go very low indeed.

As stated above, if the company survives it will be a good long term investment.  CCL not surviving was unthinkable to me just a few days ago but now I have to think of it as at least a remote possibility 🤯

Color me crazy, but I put a buy in at $8 (CUK). Took about 5 minutes to buy. I look at it as way to support Carnival as Princess has provided me a way to visit many places and have great memories. I want them to survive.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, billco said:

Color me crazy, but I put a buy in at $8 (CUK). Took about 5 minutes to buy. I look at it as way to support Carnival as Princess has provided me a way to visit many places and have great memories. I want them to survive.

buying stock really does nothing to help the company through this. it does not put any money in the companies pocket, after all the company is not selling new shares, you just giving your money to someone else.

the company will make it or not based upon cash flow and ability to borrow. if you really want to help take FCCs for cancellations, not cash refund.

in my case I will take the cash.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, npcl said:

buying stock really does nothing to help the company through this. it does not put any money in the companies pocket, after all the company is not selling new shares, you just giving your money to someone else.

the company will make it or not based upon cash flow and ability to borrow. if you really want to help take FCCs for cancellations, not cash refund.

in my case I will take the cash.

I did take option 1 FCC on my cancelled 25 day April cruise on the Sky Princess. Should result in about $12000 in FCC to apply to my three late summer cruise on the Sky and Coral. Hopefully.

We bought 100 shares yesterday at 12.43. It went up to 14 something within 30 mins but today down to 11 something. This is our first trade ever so it is exciting even if we have to wait a long time to make any profit.

We have not had any confirmation e.mails so are a little concerned. We tried to get through on the phone but of course that was out of the question!!

Any advice as to when we should expect confirmation?

23 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I was going to wait till it hit the teens but that happened so fast I missed the buying opportunity. 😄

Now I'll wait for it to hit the single numbers which doesn't seem to be very far ahead. 

Fools is the person who says it can't go lower, LOL

CCL_2020_03_18_2020.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

sure would!!

If you snooze you lose.

This is an incorrect answer.

The correct answer is...it depends.

It will depend on your the intention for your purchase, your hold pattern, and your risk assessment.

Look institutional investors are selling like it a 5 alarm fire (cruise stocks are outpacing the DJI and S&P by 5x today). BofA just severely reduced their price targets for ($117 to $25) and NCL ($61 to $18) so look beyond forums.

But if your a brand ambassador it is great to support. Just know the risks.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kenswing said:

Down over 30% so far today.  Maybe at $5 I'll put some of my Vegas money into it.. 

54 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I’m so excited to finally be part of the shareholder OBC club!! 🥳 $8.59 per share!!

I'm going to pull at 4 bucks a share, 100 shares that is just the cost of  drinks on the ship, LOL

1 minute ago, ano said:

That will be the typical drink prices they will have to charge to breakeven.

Drink package for family on a 7 day cruise, yeah it was something like that, can't remember, expensive, never got it. 

13 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

I agree......CCL stocks may be the new form of toilet paper.....it could be headed for junk status....

well the 10/15/20 CCL bond that was yielding 3% ytm last week is now selling at 25.36% YTM.  You have junk bonds with lower YTM numbers.