for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

First - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Melody!!  If it wasn't snowing, I'd drive all the way to CO Spr to buy you a birthday drink!!!

Purple - funny thing - I have Jury Selection tomorrow!  It's on Webex, so I'll gussie up on top but keep on the sweats.  Not sure yet if I'm going to play dumb or entitled in an effort to not get selected 😼

My Orangecello is from Caravella, the same ones that made my Limoncello.  It was a 2-for-1 box, complete with little orange and yellow shot glasses.   Kept it in the freezer for awhile until I took it out the other night.  According to Drizzly.com, "The peels of Sicilian oranges are soaked with sugar and orange juice in pure grain alcohol to make Caravella Orangecello."  Maybe I'll have some straight up tonight - no cream.  

OOTD:  my one Woolx black/white long sleeve zipneck, my thin Hue black leggings, my teal Mountain Hardwear quilted mini skirt, my trusty old Steve Madden faded black moto boots.   If my  my red Amazon parka was black, I'd fit right in as a Sundancer, I think 😉

• Like 1

Thanks all. Pain medication might be an issue, the only one I’m not allergic to is out of stock everywhere in the city. Luckily I have 10 pills left from my hand surgery last year (sure hope it’ll be enough!). Ice & elevation will ge my friend

bday was great. Our crazy kids all came. Melody

6538C2A1-8431-4580-8D48-E585D1F0A7A7.jpeg

089A3F74-89FD-4E08-86F0-F96E2AA4BA12.jpeg

8A71EE19-39F7-4082-B79C-033F6B7BF09E.jpeg

• Like 2

Got up, put on Webex-worthy makeup, turned on my Mac, and found an email from the Court that the case I was going to jury selection for has been resolved/continued so I was no longer needed,  YESSSSSS!  My name goes back in the pool, so I could be called up again this year.  

Melody - good luck with the surgery.  Sucks about the meds, though.  Good thing you had some left over.   

I did notice a lot of black parkas on the women walking around town when I was driving home last night.  Maybe Amaozn had a run on the "Amazon coat" 😸  It looks like we won't get a Sundance snowstorm this year - just sunny to partly sunny and cold (highs in the teens).  

• Like 2

Hi everyone 

Just been reading through the last few pages of posts, lots going on.

Melody all the best with your surgery ,always good to get it over with.

I am so happy as had a CT scan and visited my oncologist and I am all clear, now I can get on with life and loose the anxious feeling!

We have so much travel organised this year ,I got a bit carried away during treatment as it took my mind away from reality.

Vancouver and Whistler can go ahead now and as we have a two bedroom condo booked my brother and wife are now coming.May not manage a whole day skiing but who cares!

Look forward to hearing about everyone else's travels especially cruises.

On the topic of clothing I am still in my PJs as its early but have been buying some new ski gear and got some lovely cashmere socks as my feet get cold in bed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrToblerone said:

Hi everyone 

I am so happy as had a CT scan and visited my oncologist and I am all clear, now I can get on with life and loose the anxious feeling!

We have so much travel organised this year ,I got a bit carried away during treatment as it took my mind away from reality.

Vancouver and Whistler can go ahead now and as we have a two bedroom condo booked my brother and wife are now coming.May not manage a whole day skiing but who cares!

On the topic of clothing I am still in my PJs as its early but have been buying some new ski gear and got some lovely cashmere socks as my feet get cold in bed.

Melissa, that is FABULOUS news😃....all clear!!!!!!!! Yippeee!!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Hi everyone 

BB Payment Options - Millers Bay Farm

Lovely news!!!  Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to hearing more about your upcoming trips!

• Like 1

Happy belated birthday Melody!  Love the family pictures as always!  And I hope your surgery has gone well!

Melissa, that is the BEST news ever! Congrats! 🎈🎈

Love all the trip planning that is going on! 

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

22 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Purple - funny thing - I have Jury Selection tomorrow!  It's on Webex, so I'll gussie up on top but keep on the sweats.  Not sure yet if I'm going to play dumb or entitled in an effort to not get selected 😼

I see you got a bye. I got a two week trial. Funny thing, three RNs on the jury, the other two work in the same ICU. It's driving DH bonkers that I'm not allowed to talk about it. We still have the two alternates to go and will do that first thing in the morning.

Just call me "Juror #6."

• Like 1

Great family pictures, Melody! Hope you are doing ok.

Melissa, great news! Let the traveling begin!

Kat, yay, off the hook-at least for now.

Christie aka Ex juror # 6-age is good for something! Here in CA you can’t be eliminated because of age or it could be considered age discrimination by that one in a million person who just might want to serve🙄. However, our county allows seniors self-provided medical excuses. An easy out that circumvents the age discrimination thing.

Sherri, did you go to Minneapolis or IN?

Spoke with our CPA today. She was just a little too “ upbeat” considering the subject matter😝. Apparently, due to all the flooding and emergency designation, our new due date for taxes will be in May. Nothing like postponing the pain!

Sharon

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I see you got a bye. I got a two week trial. Funny thing, three RNs on the jury, the other two work in the same ICU. It's driving DH bonkers that I'm not allowed to talk about it. We still have the two alternates to go and will do that first thing in the morning.

Just call me "Juror #6."

I grumble a lot when I get called in for JD, but the one time I actually served as a juror I found it a really interesting and worthwhile experience. It was a district court case, one where there was a lot of medical information to be digested by jurors and a lot of "we said/they said".  Without getting into specifics, I feel the correct decision was reached, but the jury dynamics were interesting.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Great family pictures, Melody! Hope you are doing ok.

Melissa, great news! Let the traveling begin!

Kat, yay, off the hook-at least for now.

Christie aka Ex juror # 6-age is good for something! Here in CA you can’t be eliminated because of age or it could be considered age discrimination by that one in a million person who just might want to serve🙄. However, our county allows seniors self-provided medical excuses. An easy out that circumvents the age discrimination thing.

Sherri, did you go to Minneapolis or IN?

Spoke with our CPA today. She was just a little too “ upbeat” considering the subject matter😝. Apparently, due to all the flooding and emergency designation, our new due date for taxes will be in May. Nothing like postponing the pain!

Sharon

Hi Sharon! We are leaving Thursday with return on Monday.  The temps for the weekend are expected  to be below 0, can’t wait🙄!

I’ve always wanted to serve on a jury but was never called in Indiana.  I’ve been called 3 times since moving to Florida but cancelled everytime.

Sherri🙂

Hi @Lois R -- did you get any of your questions about shuttles answered?

I just realized that I am going to be in Istanbul in late October -- at the end of my Azamara cruise. We also have an overnight there and then the cruise ends. I don't think I will spend extra time in Istanbul as I have already visited there four times in the past.

Instead I'm thinking that I will fly to Italy and spend a week or so.

Edited by cruisemom42

21 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

My FIL got a summons when he was 90+. We sent it back saying he was on O2, had mobility issues, and couldn't drive there. He was excused.

19 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I grumble a lot when I get called in for JD, but the one time I actually served as a juror I found it a really interesting and worthwhile experience. It was a district court case, one where there was a lot of medical information to be digested by jurors and a lot of "we said/they said".  Without getting into specifics, I feel the correct decision was reached, but the jury dynamics were interesting.

It's interesting that there's a medical component to this case. With the two Neuro ICU RNs, we have that covered!  Two teachers were dismissed (due to the difficulty of getting subs), but they kept the weirdo astrology guy who was talking about planets aligning. 

• Haha 2

Melissa - great news on the CT scan and checkup!!  Great reason to buy new ski stuff!!!

The only other time I was called for JD, I was so relieved I didn't get seated.  It was a very tragic and sad incident with a dad taking his toddler with him hunting in the early AM.  Toddler got out of car and got lost.   Took Search & rescue to find him, unfortunately dead.  DA said he had to charge dad with involuntary manslaughter.  Jury found him guilty.  On the day he was to report to the judge for sentencing, dad killed himself.  Everyone who served, including the judge, were rocked.  The county provided counseling.  

More Sundance:  I think I can tell the East Coast women - they are wearing long wool coats like you'd see in the cities back East.  Everyone else is in parkas.   I got two $2 tips (via $2 bills) from our one Sundance guest for giving directions and getting them to a theater that our shuttles wouldn't go to.  What a big spender!!!

My owner who lives in Italy part time in her villa in Tuscany showed up today.  She just bought tickets for Andrea Bocelli again.  He's doing a second show there, a first.  Tickets went really fast as she could only get ones way up the hill.  Turns out this summer she was actually not that far from my seat at the concert!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I got two $2 tips (via $2 bills) from our one Sundance guest for giving directions and getting them to a theater that our shuttles wouldn't go to.  What a big spender!!!

OMG, don't spend it all at once!!

Did I mention my TJ's finally had the olive fougasse last weekend? I was in carb heaven for a couple of days. 

• Like 1