for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

On 3/7/2023 at 7:45 AM, awhfy said:

Perfect outfits!  Maybe a pair of chiffon palazzo pants?  Mine weigh nothing. I love your clutch. I got 2 new bags for our last cruise (big enough for my phone) as my favorite Lauren Merkin martini clutch doesn’t fit my phone well. Melody

E9FE869A-75A9-4E8B-87EE-FD3725E3DC40.jpeg

Too cute -- I am a martini gal myself so it definitely appeals.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Got the Olukai sneakers today. Sadly, not for me. The tongue isn't padded at all and the soles are quite slippy.  Cute though....

Oh well, the Propets will work.

Bummer.  Weird that the soles were slippery - I didn't feel mine are slippery.   Yeah, not a padded tongue but I didn't even notice that when I wore them.  

45 minutes ago, MrToblerone said:

I am also planning to get a 4th booster before our trip to Europe in July so good to read it may have helped you Melody as I still have not had Covid.

Me either 🤞

Had a good call with the Dr. and I need to start eating more foods with iron.......he asked me if I like spinach....yes, I do😀.  And I didn't realize pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds are a good source of iron too. And nuts too!  But I don't have to take an iron supplement, thankfully. I actually told him I really didn't want to since it can cause constipation.  We spoke for about 15 minutes so it was good. 

Anyway, I am continuing my search for a summer cruise.........

• Like 2

Kat, My Publix carries noosa frozen yogurt. 😀 and it was on sale.  I got 2 pints......one is strawberry and the other is chocolate. They also had lemon but I really wanted the honey/vanilla but they did not have that one. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2023 at 6:37 PM, slidergirl said:

I actually like the original one better than Cali Red.  My issue with my State Store is they don't carry a huge selection of wine, although it is indeed the biggest wine store in the state.  They usually stock up based on what the restaurants and bars are buying.  Why I'm hitting up the store in Vegas.

We have state stores for liquor, but we can get wine in grocery and wine stores. Stupid NC liquor laws.  We look forward to going to other states just to see what's out there as opposed to what the state thinks we should drink.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

We have state stores for liquor, but we can get wine in grocery and wine stores. Stupid NC liquor laws.  We look forward to going to other states just to see what's out there as opposed to what the state thinks we should drink.

You can buy beer of a certain strength and some of those awful wine coolers at the grocery.  But for wine, alcohol, high strength beer and pre-mixed drinks, we have to make the trek to the state store.  Big deal this summer - they put in refrigerators in the store so you can buy cold beer!!

Day from He!! yesterday.  All by myself at the Lodge.  That means things will go wrong.  The garage door stopped accepting key cards, so I had to open the door from the console here until I could get a tech to get on the phone with me to troubleshoot.  Ugh.  People were parking in other people's spots and it got ugly once.  My least favorite guest from last year was back and tried to get checked in early - I was in NO mood to argue with him this time, so I let him in 2 hours early (it was ready anyway).  No time to bake cookies for apres ski, but I did make time to have wine & cheese hour.  The wind was howling all day an it was snowing/sleeting/raining.  Ugh.  At least my house had a little thawing of the driveway then only an extra inch of light snow - only took about 5 minutes to clear.  But, the highway into work was like a sheet of ice - chunky, iced over snow/sleet from overnight.  It took me 45 minutes to go what is usually 20 minutes to work.  LOTS of people trying to get up to ski plus I forgot it was 8:30 in the morning instead of 10:30.  What a difference a few hours make!!  By myself again today.  At least tomorrow I have my maintenance guy and our new intern.  

OOTD:  jeans, black/grey turtleneck Tshirt, white Athleta oversized hoodie vest, pink hightops.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

But, the highway into work was like a sheet of ice - chunky, iced over snow/sleet from overnight.  It took me 45 minutes to go what is usually 20 minutes to work.  LOTS of people trying to get up to ski plus I forgot it was 8:30 in the morning instead of 10:30.  What a difference a few hours make!! 

Honestly, you deserve hazard pay!

• Like 1

Hi Everyone, all caught up now. 

Cynthia, your evening outfits sound perfect. Love the one with the orange in it.Which HAL ship will you be in? 

Kat, I agree you deserve hazard pay! 

Lois, fingers crossed that you soon get good news about your prescription cost.

we arrived home just before midnight. House was chilly but our daughter dropped off a space heater which we used to warm up the bedroom. Unplugged it before falling into bed. Our HVAC guy showed up at 8:45 am and had the heat going within 15 min. It was just a part that turns on the blower. Whew! No new unit needed just yet.

The first of 2 atmospheric fibers has passed with another on its way. It’s warm this time around and causing snow below 8000 feet to melt which in turn is causing a lot of flooding and evacuations. Fortunately we are not affected but over 17000 in this county alone have had to evacuate. We had a bit of a break this afternoon but there is more rain to come over the next 3 days. I’ve never seen it like this. Kat I can only imagine what you are dealing with. It was snowing when we left Minni but we didn’t encounter the treacherous road conditions that you have been dealing with.

I had not heard that a 4th  booster is suggested. We got the most current version last Sept so it has been 6 months. Guess I should do some research. 

Uh oh, thunder starting, guess more rain is on its way.

Take care all

• Like 2

Sharon -- glad to hear that your heat issue was so easily fixed. 

I've been lazing around today, first day of daylight savings but it has been a gray and rainy day so not much chance to enjoy the later sunlight....

I will be on the Westerdam, circling Japan. It's 28 days but also sold as 2 14-day segments. Some are not only doing the BTB but also the next leg which is a trans-Pacific from Japan to Alaska. This is my longest cruise to date, and I wasn't crazy about extending it longer (despite the equally unappealing 12+ hour flight back from Japan!)

• Like 1

We got our first snow of the season today. Giant flakes that didn't stick to anything for very long since it was in the 70s last week. Mother Nature is a perimenopausal woman!

I did a whole lot of nothing this weekend. I skated yesterday and tripped over my toe pick (ouch is a four-letter word). I also finished up my first batch of creamy limoncello. It's supposed to sit in the back of the fridge for another two weeks, but it was heavenly today. Currently watching my Canes lose their second game in a row. Both shutouts so far.

• Like 2

On 3/10/2023 at 2:09 PM, Lois R said:

Kat, My Publix carries noosa frozen yogurt. 😀 and it was on sale.  I got 2 pints......one is strawberry and the other is chocolate. They also had lemon but I really wanted the honey/vanilla but they did not have that one. 

My store has the strawberry, chocolate and the salted caramel.  The lemon sounds like it could have potential.

Purple - owie on the toe pick.  Hopefully only your pride was hurt.

I am soooo exhausted from the last 3 days of work.  Yeah, I did everything and nothing burned down.  I just put extra pressure on myself when I'm the only person - I've always done that. The boss gave me the day off, so I'm just going to play Rip van Winkle and do nothing.  I slept for 10 hours.   

OOTD:  my knee-length capris and a long sleeve T.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

@slidergirl  I know you were in search of a getaway/vacation option without breaking the bank this year. I just saw some ridiculous prices posted on the Holland America board for Alaska cruises in May. It's for one of their newer ships too, so it will have all of the music venues and specialty restaurants including the FREE and much loved Dutch cafe. 

In case you want to look into it:  

I'm not even that much of an Alaska fan, and it's making me want to go!  It's great for either being active ashore OR just kicking back on the ship and enjoying the scenery that you sail by....

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

@slidergirl  I know you were in search of a getaway/vacation option without breaking the bank this year. I just saw some ridiculous prices posted on the Holland America board for Alaska cruises in May. It's for one of their newer ships too, so it will have all of the music venues and specialty restaurants including the FREE and much loved Dutch cafe. 

In case you want to look into it:  

I'm not even that much of an Alaska fan, and it's making me want to go!  It's great for either being active ashore OR just kicking back on the ship and enjoying the scenery that you sail by....

I know.  I got a mailer for some solo rates on NCL, one for Orlando-Lisbon at a very good price.  Then, the hamster wheel got spinning...  I'm just not sure if I should just wait and save more for next year.   NCL had some cheap solo prices for some Alaska cruises, too, but I have certain dates that I already have commitments and I have to try to work around them in May.  The 17-19 are already taken.  

• Like 1

So many of you are fans of Noosa so I thought I might try the frozen yogurt. I looked at the nutritional info and the frozen yogurt has, depending on the flavor, 33 grams or so of sugar. I also looked at the yogurt and it averages 30+ grams of sugar.  No wonder it tastes so good.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WELDON said:

So many of you are fans of Noosa so I thought I might try the frozen yogurt. I looked at the nutritional info and the frozen yogurt has, depending on the flavor, 33 grams or so of sugar. I also looked at the yogurt and it averages 30+ grams of sugar.  No wonder it tastes so good.

Hi Janet, I saw that too.........ALOT of sugar for sure😧......I won't be buying it again for a long while.

Well, this weekend I turn the BIG 65😮...not sure where the time has gone.  The big day is Saturday.

My sis and bil are on a cruise right now and when it is over (Saturday) they are driving up here and are staying with me for 3 days and then going to their best friend's for another 3 or 4 days. Anyway, they live in Mexico but used to live here. We are going out to dinner for my birthday. It is going to be VERY strange having 2 people here with me.  The last time I had someone stay overnight was back last summer. I have a girl friend who came here from Savannah when I needed an Endoscopy. That was only for over night.  Prior to that? April of last year when I had my hysterectomy. My close friend from

Miami stayed with me. 

My sis and bil and I get along pretty well but I am really not used to having anyone else here. Especially for 3 nights..........I am sure it will all work out. (hopefully).🙂 It will really be more like 2.5 days because they are driving up from Ft. Lauderdale Sat . Should get them here in the afternoon then

Sunday and Monday..........I keep telling myself it will all be good.

65.........I really don't know where the years have gone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Well, this weekend I turn the BIG 65😮...not sure where the time has gone.  The big day is Saturday.

My sis and bil are on a cruise right now and when it is over (Saturday) they are driving up here and are staying with me for 3 days and then going to their best friend's for another 3 or 4 days. Anyway, they live in Mexico but used to live here. We are going out to dinner for my birthday. It is going to be VERY strange having 2 people here with me.  The last time I had someone stay overnight was back last summer. I have a girl friend who came here from Savannah when I needed an Endoscopy. That was only for over night.  Prior to that? April of last year when I had my hysterectomy. My close friend from

Miami stayed with me. 

My sis and bil and I get along pretty well but I am really not used to having anyone else here. Especially for 3 nights..........I am sure it will all work out. (hopefully).🙂 It will really be more like 2.5 days because they are driving up from Ft. Lauderdale Sat . Should get them here in the afternoon then

Sunday and Monday..........I keep telling myself it will all be good.

65.........I really don't know where the years have gone.

It just seems like yesterday that I turned 65 and now I am getting close to the next big one!😂😂😂

I hope you have a wonderful birthday and enjoy your time with your sister and Bil.

Sherri🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WELDON said:

Yeah, it is a lot but you have to be naughty once in awhile.    And as long as the yogurt is under 40 grams of carbs, it's on my OK list for breakfast.  I can't have oatmeal and eggs all the time. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Happy upcoming birthday Lois!!

If I remember right, you had just retired in early 2020 when COVID hit. I feel like those COVID years dragged on so much, yet now the time seems to have passed quickly. 

• Like 1