for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Lois - I always  bring back about 100EU when I come home - then I always have some when I arrive so I can take a cab, grab a bite, etc, before I have to hit up an ATM.  

I'm feeling better today. Had to be something weird...

If any of you were thinking of going to Europe next summer, I just got notice that Andrea Bocelli's Teatro del Silenzio in Tuscany is July 28th.  Now I have to think if I can pull another week out of my financial hat! About another 200EU for train or airplane, add in another whatever EU for lodging, a couple hundred EU for the TdS ticket...  Then I come home and fly out on Aug 17 for my grand-niece's wedding in either Pennsylvania or South Carolina (TBD).  Gonna be one busy Summer!!  And I have to get in a little bit of camping sometime!

• Like 1

Good morning girls, hope everyone is having a good weekend.🙂 I am down to 3 days and counting. Tomorrow after I have my Rapid Test.  Wednesday afternoon I fly out.  I was able to fill out my Passenger Locator Form for Portugal this morning.  And I had to do it 3 times😟 (my mistakes)!

First one, I put an extra digit on my passport......and when I fixed that, I put "other" under gender LOL

So, although I know I am female I wanted to make sure I had it right on the card.🙂 So went back and I have to say, THANKFULLY, it allows you to fix your card and re-print it and you get a new bar code.

I actually did a google search about mistakes on the PLC .and at least I can say, I am not the only person who makes them LOL...........

Still have to do laundry and pack........will do laundry tomorrow and probably do all my packing on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Lois - it sounds like you have all of your ducks in a neat row for your trip!  Related to Portugal - there was an article in the Washington Post today about how Portugal has over 85% of it's population vaccinated.  And it looks like the Prime Minister is going to relax some activity restrictions this week.   Was your cruise going to La Palma?  I hope not now - that volcano is devastating the island.  

Hey, has anyone bought Ibex clothing, particularly shirts?  They are merino wool and meant to be year-round use, like the Woolx ones.  Just looking to expand my generic Tshirt wardrobe that can be work anywhere, anytime.  

On those Vuori wide legged pants I talked about:  I wore them yesterday with my buffalo plaid Smokey Bear shirt on my travels around town.  Wow!  They were wonderful.  Feel just like the Performance Joggers - so soft it seemed invisible to my skin.  The legs aren't really WIDE, but more like fitted a little from the waist to the hips then straight down so they hang nicely.  Absolutely, definitely going to be in my "wear them out in the World" lineup.  I'm 5'8" and have the M - the length was exactly perfect to wear with sneakers or my booties for me.  If you are shorter you probably would have to hem.   If you are looking for a nice pair of casual pants I highly recommend them.  I just want them to offer them in Navy also!!

My little brain is seriously looking into spending that 3rd week over Atlantic so I can see Andrea Bocelli in Lajatica.  You all got me to put out the money for original trip, so I'm like "what's a little more Euro to spend for another bucket list item??"   I'm trying to find tickets that aren't attached to a package right now as those are definitely out of my range (1700 EU for transfer to concert & ticket), but ticket alone looks like they will be 130EU-400EU (depending on location).  I see some AirBnBs around the area for not a whole lot of money.  I'd rent a little car and spend my days exploring more of Tuscany.   Oh dear.  This is getting out of control...🤪🤑

• Like 1

Hi Kat, we are going to an Island called San Sebastian instead of La Palma.  I have never visited any of the places on this itinerary and I am just happy to be sailing again🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, we are going to an Island called San Sebastian instead of La Palma.  I have never visited any of the places on this itinerary and I am just happy to be sailing again🙂 

I know of a nice Bay of Biscay town San Sebastian, but not an island.  I remember Bourdain did an episode on it.  A good foodie town.  Some photos I've seen make it look like a great place to wander.  I have a friend who is walking the Camino del Santiago solo next Summer (she's a great hiker and solo camper!!) and she ends in San Sebastian.  

Hi again, well, I went to Nordstrom Rack earlier today and found a new LeSportsac bag.......I LOVE them for travel. The Nylon is so lightweight, yet sturdy and they have some really fun and funky patterns too.

It is a good size and will be wonderful for traveling and on the plane....holds a lot and best of all, it was on sale.😃 And I found a pair of jeans that fit fantastic.  They are "Democracy". I have multiple pairs here already but wanted a new pair but was having a hard time finding them lately. (Besides I have gained some weight😲)....these are so good in the waist and don't gap in the back! I am between a 16-18 and these are Women's 16. I think they are cut wider in the waist and I love they are zip front but they have some elastic/spandex in the waist band.  And I found a really cute top that is full of purples/blues/lavdenders.......like an abstract print. It was on clearance for 8.00😃

• Like 1

Hi Lois -- you must be getting excited for your trip. I know you depart from Lisbon but where else are you going?  I know of a coastal town in northern Spain called San Sebastian -- is that the one you're visiting? If so, you'll like it. 

Good luck with your test tomorrow. And your bag is really cute -- love the print. I have a couple of LeSportSac packable duffles that I used to always take with me when I traveled in case I did any shopping. In recent years though I shop a lot less and just enjoy the travel unless it's something really special. My house is full! 😂

5 hours ago, slidergirl said:

My little brain is seriously looking into spending that 3rd week over Atlantic so I can see Andrea Bocelli in Lajatica.  You all got me to put out the money for original trip, so I'm like "what's a little more Euro to spend for another bucket list item??"   I'm trying to find tickets that aren't attached to a package right now as those are definitely out of my range (1700 EU for transfer to concert & ticket), but ticket alone looks like they will be 130EU-400EU (depending on location).  I see some AirBnBs around the area for not a whole lot of money.  I'd rent a little car and spend my days exploring more of Tuscany.   Oh dear.  This is getting out of control...🤪🤑

You should definitely do it!  I feel like I am at the age where these kind of special experiences should be done whenever possible. Just like I am always on the lookout for the opportunity to see an opera in the Baths of Caracalla in Rome (or in the Roman arena in Verona). The memories will be with you forever.

Having said that -- the prices are YIKES.  I hope you can find something that's doable. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi Lois -- you must be getting excited for your trip. I know you depart from Lisbon but where else are you going?  I know of a coastal town in northern Spain called San Sebastian -- is that the one you're visiting? If so, you'll like it. 

Good luck with your test tomorrow. And your bag is really cute -- love the print. I have a couple of LeSportSac packable duffles that I used to always take with me when I traveled in case I did any shopping. In recent years though I shop a lot less and just enjoy the travel unless it's something really special. My house is full! 😂

Hi, we are going to the following places (I have never been to any of them)

Horta, Azores

Prata De Vitorla, Azores

Ponte Del Gada, Sao Miguel Island

San Sebastian, La Gomera

Canary Islands, Las Palmas

Arrecife, Canary Islands

With some sea days in there as well.

I don't know where San Sebastian is located. I haven't done the research........but where ever it is I will have a good time.😃........and thanks for the good wishes.....the test better come back negative.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

This is a picture of the new bag😃you can see a larger picture if you click on the link below.  It is called Rebecca Zip Top Hobo bag.

LESPORTSAC,                                                 Rebecca Top Zip Hobo Bag,                                                 Alternate thumbnail 3, color,                                                 NOUVEAU ROSE

https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/lesportsac-rebecca-top-zip-hobo-bag/6039684

I love LeSportSac bags too. I’m having a hard time finding them here. I’ll continue to look. Never thought of Nordstrom Rack, we have a new one!! Melody

Edited by awhfy

Gosh, I used to have Sportsacs for everything, from little bags to weekenders.  Never wore out, I just moved on to something else.  

Cynthia - I wouldn't mind spending up to $300 for a ticket as that's what I do for his concerts that I've been to.  I just put out $270 for a really nice floor seat here in Salt Lake to see him on the 30th.  It's at our NBA arena, not the best setting, but it's Andrea Bocelli.  Used to have season tickets with my now-ex for NBA games so I know how bad any seat other than the floor or first level can be.   If I can score a ticket that isn't part of a package for Lajatico, I'll probably pony up for it.  Good thing I bought changeable tickets for my flights!!!  And I've only booked a hotel for the first night in Marseille.  Everything else it TBD!

OOTD:  sweats all day.  Not in a mood to go anywhere, no need to go anywhere.   

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 5:21 PM, Lois R said:

Hi, we are going to the following places (I have never been to any of them)

Horta, Azores

Prata De Vitorla, Azores

Ponte Del Gada, Sao Miguel Island

San Sebastian, La Gomera

Canary Islands, Las Palmas

Arrecife, Canary Islands

With some sea days in there as well.

I don't know where San Sebastian is located. I haven't done the research........but where ever it is I will have a good time.😃........and thanks for the good wishes.....the test better come back negative.

well, a little Google Map-ing, Spain has 2 San Sebastians.  The one is on the Bay of Biscay (the one I knew of)  and the other on one of the Canary Islands.  

Hi girls, well, I just finished packing the clothes and am taking a break. I need to now get my jewelry  set up.  Yes, I do like to bring multiple choices of necklaces and earrings with me😃

• Like 2

Good job!  My Delancey's were my work staple the past 2 years.  tennis shoes, booties, boots - they all work with them.  I wouldn't be able to do the beige for work - gotta wear dark colors,  but they'd be fun for "out of work" wear.  A pair of tall black boots would be smokin'.   

It's supposed to rain and a little snow off/on everyday until next Wednesday.  Looks like leggings weather for awhile!

• Like 1

Got all the jewelry done..........just watching some tv........going to bed soon. I don't have to leave till about noon tomorrow. There is a Longhorn's near the airport and I think I will stop there for lunch and then hit the airport🙂

• Like 1