for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I think I found my Winter outfit:

onsie.jp2 47.27 kB · 11 downloads

Interestingly Chrome told me that your file was "dangerous" and wouldn't let me open it.... 😲

But if it's a onesy I'm onboard. Unfortunately although Fall is here, no one has yet told the meteorologists in the Deep South. Still hot and muggy here. And what's with the rain -- it has rained every. single. day. for the past week.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 12:06 PM, Lois R said:

PH, congrats on that race from me too.  Something I could never do.........just not in me to run. I try to walk every morning but that is about it. 

I walked it, with three sixty second runs mixed in the first half.  I may try to train to run it next year, or I may continue to walk. I hate running. I find it tedious and boring. And painful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia, Chrome told me the same thing.😲

Hmm.  I copied it from Facebook.  Anyway, it's a sherpa fleece onesie.  The model tops it off with a beanie, a webbed belt and laceup booties.  Right up my alley.  It was one of the offerings of a new line on backcountry.com.  I have the beanie, the belt and the booties already.  If I had that onesie, I wouldn't care what temperature it was in the house!!!   If you go to backcountry.com and look for the Basin and Range Sherpa Jumpsuit.  

Made myself a panzanella with burrata instead of pieces of mozzarella.  My local market sells 1/2 loaves of Tuscan bread, so I can do it up authentic.  I have some REALLY good balsamic that I keep around for special occasions ($50 for the bottle).  I used it over the panzanella - so yummy!!!!!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Good morning ladies 😊sitting in the Alaska air lounge at LAX, enjoying a mimosa. Flight is delayed, but that’s ok…. Tested negative yesterday & can’t wait to reach Seattle!

-Debbie

Hi Debbie, wishing you a BIG BON VOYAGE😀....and of course happy to know you had a negative test😀

I think you sail tomorrow..........smooth sailing and fair seas!😀

• Like 1

Debbie - enjoy your cruise!!!

Busy day today.  Visit to my dental hygenist & dentist for cleaning & checkup.  My baby tooth is still hanging in there, but Dr. Jensen thinks we may have to extract it and either implant or bridge next summer as it's getting rather thin in the root.  I also have a very old composite filling that has let a little cavity in.  We're going to do an inlay for it since the tooth is still intact.  That takes a visit to clean it out, get an imprint, send it to the lab to get the inlay made, cement (or whatever) the inlay back in the tooth.  There is 2 weeks between, so I'm going to get it done the beginning of Nov.  Fun fun fun.

Since I was down in the valley for the dentist, I went over to Trader Joe's.  The pumpkin stuff is in!!  It was almost a "holy cr*p" kind of shopping:  pumpkin cream cheese, pumpkin bagels, SIX boxes of the pecan pumpkin oatmeal (I have it for breakfast in the winter), pumpkin bisque soup, pumpkin tortilla chips, pumpkin cranberry crackers.  And some of my usual stuff.  

OOTD:  I "dressed up" today: white patterned short sleeve button shirt from Sundance (thanks Outlet), my girlfriend jeans, my really heavy leather and metal rivet belt from Sundance, my tan Teva short boots, necklace and earrings turquoise and tan stone from down on the Reservation.  It felt a little weird to be so cleaned up...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Good morning ladies 😊sitting in the Alaska air lounge at LAX, enjoying a mimosa. Flight is delayed, but that’s ok…. Tested negative yesterday & can’t wait to reach Seattle!

-Debbie

I'm hoping you have a wonderful, wonderful time on your cruise. 🥂🌈🏔️🚢

We enjoyed the cruise and the "Celebrity treatment" so much that I just booked a 10-day to the Caribbean on Silhouette in early December. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

We enjoyed the cruise and the "Celebrity treatment" so much that I just booked a 10-day to the Caribbean on Silhouette in early December. 

Cynthia, what dates are you sailing? I will be in the Caribbean at the same time😀

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Great minds think alike??  😊. The Silhouette leaves Dec 3 from Fort Lauderdale.

I am sailing on Dec 2nd for 15 nights on Silversea Whisper.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

That's funny -- you keep departing a day ahead of me. First Alaska and now Ft Lauderdale. I guess you are doing a BTB?

Good morning🙂.  I actually booked one long cruise for 15 nights.....there are 2 legs but I got a fantastic price on the long one. The first leg is 7 nights....the 7th night is in Barbados......and then the last 8 nights go back north to Ft. Lauderdale. 

So you can pick and choose😀.....I chose 15.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Celebrity is our favorite. we’re on Royal in under a month 

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning🙂.  I actually booked one long cruise for 15 nights.....there are 2 legs but I got a fantastic price on the long one. The first leg is 7 nights....the 7th night is in Barbados......and then the last 8 nights go back north to Ft. Lauderdale. 

So you can pick and choose😀.....I chose 15.

i need to check out Silversea. we prefer longer cruises

10 minutes ago, awhfy said:

i need to check out Silversea. we prefer longer cruises

Hi Melody🙂, just to give you some info......the ships are MUCH smaller than mass market ships. The largest ship holds 596 passengers and others only hold 388. So if you really enjoy the "Big ones"......just giving you a heads up.  The atmosphere is nothing like mass market......no "big sales along the promenade deck"......they do offer speakers and have trivia but the whole vibe is much more mellow. 

Evening entertainment is on a smaller scale too.  It is more about itineraries, fantastic food.....and service is a cut above (in my opinion). They will know your name after 1 day and remember what you are drinking after your first time in whatever lounge you are sitting in👍.  It is more $$$ than mass market too......but I have gotten spoiled now.......can't wait to go again in 2 weeks🙂

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Melody🙂, just to give you some info......the ships are MUCH smaller than mass market ships. The largest ship holds 596 passengers and others only hold 388. So if you really enjoy the "Big ones"......just giving you a heads up.  The atmosphere is nothing like mass market......no "big sales along the promenade deck"......they do offer speakers and have trivia but the whole vibe is much more mellow. 

Evening entertainment is on a smaller scale too.  It is more about itineraries, fantastic food.....and service is a cut above (in my opinion). They will know your name after 1 day and remember what you are drinking after your first time in whatever lounge you are sitting in👍.  It is more $$$ than mass market too......but I have gotten spoiled now.......can't wait to go again in 2 weeks🙂

We prefer the smaller ships without all the bells & whistles. We like sitting on our balcony watching the water. Don’t participate in sales, games. Like the good food & some music. Interesting itineraries are important. Silver sea sounds good to me, I’d expect to pay more for luxury

Just now, awhfy said:

We prefer the smaller ships without all the bells & whistles. We like sitting on our balcony watching the water. Don’t participate in sales, games. Like the good food & some music. Interesting itineraries are important. Silver sea sounds good to me, I’d expect to pay more for luxury

Good morning🙂........ohhhh........ok, I wasn't sure what type of ships you preferred so that is why I gave the description. 

• Like 1

So what is everyone up to today? I went to Fresh Market and got some salads and wraps and they always have good stuff in their deli.  I also tried for the first time a Hummus made by a company called  "ithaca" and yes it is all small letters LOL.......

Any of you try it before? It is DELICIOUS😀....I tried the "beet and lemon".......soooo good!

I had never bought it before but I will definitely get it again.

• Like 1

I did my virtual 5K this morning, but since the real one I did Sunday proved my GPS to be inaccurate, I used the time from that sanctioned run. The app the race used didn't work at all, unless I was really walking 300+ minute miles (my normal range on both a phone and Fitbit GPS ranges from 12-18 minute miles). So, unless I'm training for a race, I'll just walk for time and aim for as far as I can go in an hour or so and not worry about the distance.

Other than that, I pretty much sat around and enjoyed the nice weather. Tomorrow, I plan to pull weeds on the hill behind our house. They're mostly blackberry brambles and honeysuckle vines. It's not supposed to be hot, so I should be OK for a while.

Daughter and granddaughter came over for dinner. I always enjoy the grands, but they wear me out with their energy! Hubby made grilled tomahawk porkchops and corn on the cob and I made mac and cheese from scratch. Sooooo good!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

So what is everyone up to today? I went to Fresh Market and got some salads and wraps and they always have good stuff in their deli.  I also tried for the first time a Hummus made by a company called  "ithaca" and yes it is all small letters LOL.......

Any of you try it before? It is DELICIOUS😀....I tried the "beet and lemon".......soooo good!

I had never bought it before but I will definitely get it again.

Someone actually recommended that brand of hummus to me but I haven't found it anywhere in the stores near me. Do you recall what other flavors they had?

On 9/24/2021 at 6:29 PM, awhfy said:

Celebrity is our favorite. we’re on Royal in under a month 

I have to say that they do it well, especially on cruises where it is more about being "at sea" and relaxing. Right amount of fun and relaxation.

For the more intensive cruises I do (outside the US) I tend to like the smaller ships and especially if there is a good enrichment speaker or two onboard.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Someone actually recommended that brand of hummus to me but I haven't found it anywhere in the stores near me. Do you recall what other flavors they had?

Good morning🙂 at least 4 others (I think) regular, lemon, lemon garlic, the beet lemon, I think there was a roasted red pepper........ If you google Fresh Market you can find the store near you or check out the ithaca website. The HQ is up in Rochester, NY.