for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

2 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

No, I double-checked myself - no carbs, but a little fat for the egg itself.  

I KNEW there was a reason I had started buying a bunch of eggs in the last year!!!!   Who knew that bacon & eggs could be good for you???

Thanks😃........I thought it said the egg had no carbs!  I have non stick pans already............

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Thanks😃........I thought it said the egg had no carbs!  I have non stick pans already............

I am a really odd duck - my LDL isn't good, but my sodium levels are very low.  I was never a salter - the only thing I really salt is my pasta water.  I used to joke that that box of Morton salt I bought when I got married lasted until I got divorced!  I am a spice person.   I had to laugh at my LDL, though - I asked if having 2 lbs of bacon as a birthday present would have had an affect on the results.  I really did get 2 lbs as a present!!  

Today's snack/lunch was carrots and jicama sticks with some blue cheese dressing.   Not yet sure about tonight's meal.  I think I'm going to do some take out.  

I never had salt issues........but when my feet got swollen I figured it would help NOT to eat it.  Well, now, they are better but if I can add other herbs/spices to use without it? I am all for that!

Tonight for dinner..I had 3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts in a package..........I put some tomato sauce in the

bottom of the baking pan.....I know some jarred sauces are full of sugar but this had a smaller amount and was

delicious.......garlic/olive oil....Publix brand. I seasoned the breasts with Italian Seasoning (no salt in it) and baked them for about 30 minutes. They were on the thick side.   Then I added a couple of more spoons of sauce on top and put slices of mozzarella cheese over them and bake a few more minutes.....

I had one breast with a side of broccoli.  It was very good and I have plenty of leftovers.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, slidergirl said:

You'll discover all sorts of things that you can have and still be within your daily carb limit.  Me?  I would have added bacon to that omelette!  

My house dodged the snow bullet - only got rain.   the snow level ended up a couple hundred feet up from us.  My house is at about 6400 ft, the snow was at 6800 ft, the upper part of town.  

Today's fashion - I may run around naked!  I'm a little tired of trying to figure out which leggings to wear, which Tshirt to wear.  That was the one good thing about my working in Hospitality - I either had a uniform, wore suits, or, at my last/current spot, black or blue pants/leggings and sweaters.  Having to come up with something totally on my own every day, without rules, is challenging!!!  But, next week, I can add in running shorts/skorts into the mix with temps climbing into summer temps. 

We’re at 7500’ & didn’t even get rain!

19 hours ago, slidergirl said:

No, I double-checked myself - no carbs, but a little fat for the egg itself.  

I KNEW there was a reason I had started buying a bunch of eggs in the last year!!!!   Who knew that bacon & eggs could be good for you???

As a kid/young adult I remember the conventional wisdom was not to eat more than 2-3 whole eggs per week because of the cholesterol. Then that changed and there was less of a restriction. (Which is wonderful, I love eggs -- often make a small omelette for dinner on a hot night....). But just recently, there have started to be some reservations about eggs again -- at least as they relate to heart health, which is more my concern.

See, for example: https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/unscrambling-the-message-on-eggs

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

As a kid/young adult I remember the conventional wisdom was not to eat more than 2-3 whole eggs per week because of the cholesterol. Then that changed and there was less of a restriction. (Which is wonderful, I love eggs -- often make a small omelette for dinner on a hot night....). But just recently, there have started to be some reservations about eggs again -- at least as they relate to heart health, which is more my concern.

See, for example: https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/unscrambling-the-message-on-eggs

Good morning, I could not read the entire article............says you have to log into the site which I would rather not do.

What are their final thoughts about eggs? I am in the "I LOVE EGGS" category!

22 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I could not read the entire article............says you have to log into the site which I would rather not do.

What are their final thoughts about eggs? I am in the "I LOVE EGGS" category!

My thinking is:  egg whites are fine but probably best to limit whole eggs (or yolks) to 3-4 week.

As of now, anyway!

For our area prediction for this week is that some days will be well over 100 topping out at 110 on Thurs. No, we don’t live in the desert! We have not met our rain total so another dry year for us. 

As for the eggs, has anybody tried the refrigerated egg whites?  Maybe they could be added to a whole egg, for flavor and color, if one is concerned about eating too many eggs. 

22 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

For our area prediction for this week is that some days will be well over 100 topping out at 110 on Thurs. No, we don’t live in the desert! We have not met our rain total so another dry year for us. 

As for the eggs, has anybody tried the refrigerated egg whites?  Maybe they could be added to a whole egg, for flavor and color, if one is concerned about eating too many eggs. 

Every once in awhile I buy the egg whites.  I'll make omelettes or scrambles with them.  I honestly can't really tell a difference without the yolk.   

I saw that there are places in the SouthWest from Southern CA to New Mexico the are going to be major HOT.   Even up here in the mountains of UT, we're going to get in the mid-80s for like 2 days, which is very out of line with our usual temps.  And, we always feel about 10 degrees hotter than what the actual temp is (higher altitude, I guess).  Back in the 80s, I remember having maybe one week of 80s up here in August.  Now, it seems to be anytime in the summer with a few 90s (unheard of before).   I may have to cut off a pair of my lounge pants to wear as shorts - I REALLY don't want to try to get into my actual shorts yet!!

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

The bad news -- have to work half a day today just to keep up, which will probably end up turning into 3/4 of a day.  

The good news -- I got a haircut! :classic_biggrin:

CONGRATS on the haircut!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I bet you are feeling good!🙂

We had a whiz bang of a thunderstorm yesterday afternoon into early this morning. My rain gauge shows over 2” of badly needed rain. Daughter’s lab pup was pretty startled, she’d never heard thunder, but when she realized we weren’t worried she became her normal chill self. 

It is raining outside!!!!!!!!!!🙂😀🙂

I had a the following for lunch-----a delicious tomato cut up along with cucumbers and some cottage cheese. 

Then I had some watermelon chunks.  Summertime meal.

• Like 2

Happy Memorial Day all!   cruisemom42:  congrats on that haircut!   Salons aren't open here yet, so I continue my wild hair....  pretty sure by next week I'll be able to do a "man bun" on steve lol

Awhfy:  that's some thunderstorm!   We had some surprise rain last week, but I'll bet that's it for us for a while :)

Slidergirl:   our weather has been great the last few days, but we are due for some serious heat starting tomorrow....  we are thinking that next weekend we might try to take the sailboat out!

stay safe & have a great day everyone :)

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

It is raining outside!!!!!!!!!!🙂😀🙂

I had a the following for lunch-----a delicious tomato cut up along with cucumbers and some cottage cheese. 

Then I had some watermelon chunks.  Summertime meal.

sounds wonderful!  I just had breakfast, shredded wheat w/skim milk & coffee :)  going to bbq late today :)

Does shredded wheat have much carbs or sugar in it?   No BBQ here...........not sure if I will have some of my 

leftover chicken for dinner or make eggplant.

Oh I just googled it..........WOW....40 grams of carbs......I guess for one meal it would be ok

but then lunch and dinner I would really have to watch them.

5 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

The bad news -- have to work half a day today just to keep up, which will probably end up turning into 3/4 of a day.  

The good news -- I got a haircut! :classic_biggrin:

Yay!  It is one of those things that we all took for granted, cried when we couldn't them, and are lovin' it now that we can!!!

14 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Does shredded wheat have much carbs or sugar in it?   No BBQ here...........not sure if I will have some of my 

leftover chicken for dinner or make eggplant.

Oh I just googled it..........WOW....40 grams of carbs......I guess for one meal it would be ok

but then lunch and dinner I would really have to watch them.

Did you get a meal carb "limit" yet?  The shredded wheat would be at my limit, but I'd still have to add some milk.  There are some things for breakfast that I'll have once in awhile just because I really want it, but don't go overboard with it.  Part of the deal is to spread out the carbs smartly over the day, but sometimes you just can't.  My nutritionist said that I don't have to feel guilty if I "mess up" once in awhile - we're human.  My big example - I went to a dinner tasting at our of our restaurants in town as part of my thing as a concierge.  No way could I pass up all those things because I had to be able to recommend to my owners and guests.  I didn't gorge myself, but I knew my glucose was going to be high the next morning.  I went back to "normal" after that.  

Nothing planned today.  It's actually a sunny day, so I will probably sit outside and get some sun.  No BBQ or thing like that.  Last night I had burrata and Sugar Bomb grape tomatoes with a balsamic reduction drizzled on top.  One of my favorites! 

• Like 1

I have no meal thing set up........or whatever you want to call it.  My session with the Nutritionist is not for another

week.  I have lots of paperwork from when I was in the hospital though (too much LOL)........it says 115 carbs per

day.......not sure if that is correct or not.  I am trying to do what I know is ok......more protein, less

carbs.......

We have needed  the rain for a very long time!

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I have no meal thing set up........or whatever you want to call it.  My session with the Nutritionist is not for another

week.  I have lots of paperwork from when I was in the hospital though (too much LOL)........it says 115 carbs per

day.......not sure if that is correct or not.  I am trying to do what I know is ok......more protein, less

carbs.......

We have needed  the rain for a very long time!

I think you're going to be getting more as the week goes on.  Kind of blows for the SpaceX Crew Dragon launch on Wednesday, though.  I think the one's sitting about 40% chance of going Wednesday right now.  Whatever is going through FL is hitting quite a bit of the entire state.  I saw there was some flooding in FL, also.  Are you OK where you are at?  How is the St. Johns River doing.  Watch out for the thunder boomers & lightning!

It'll be interesting to see what you end up, carb-wise.  I've got 3 meals 30-40 carbs and 2 snacks 10 carbs.  And, yes, more protein.  Supposed to be no food after 9pm, which was impossible when I was working evenings and the occasional overnight shift.  

Hi, I haven't eaten after 9 in? I cannot remember. I have not been snacking at all in the evenings.........nothing, nada.

I made my no breaded Eggplant Parm tonight and it is delicious! 

I am fine..........nothing major here at all.........like I said, we need WAY more rain.  It is not hitting

my part of the state.