for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

10 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Sherri, I can only imagine what you and your family have dealt with raising your son.  Why can’t we all just be kind to one another and show our children how to treat others with kindness? 

Yes, my reaction lasted about 24 hours and really not that bad compared to actually getting Covid.  I do wonder what will happen if we continue to need boosters every 4+ months. If that is the case, I guess we will need to make sure we allow for recovery time when we schedule a booster.

Sharon

I have always told myself there are parents dealing with stuff a lot worse.  I had a good friend in high school who committed suicide while in college because he finally admitted to being gay but could not bear for his very religious family to find out. Very sad and I still think about him.

I’ve told my friends that every woman should have a gay son or friend in their life😂.  Out of our three sons, it is my gay son who calls just to chat, is willing to go see musicals with me, always knows the newest restaurants and is a really good cook!  I don’t think his fashion sense is very  good, though, so I guess he did not get that gene😂😂

OOTD:  Passport is up for renewal so had to get a picture done this morning.  Full make up including lipstick which I rarely wear, earrings, a bright t shirt, anything to brighten this picture up.  Ended up looking  like a very old drag queen in the new one!  Nothing makes your old picture look good until you see the new one 10 years later!

HappyBirthday to all the April ones!

Sherti🙂

• Like 2

Hi girls, I feel much better but I called the Dr anyway and she is unavailable today😮 so I decided to call both of her nurses and left messages for them. Nobody has called me back yet. To be honest, I think some of the pain may have been from constipation and I took a laxative yesterday........it finally worked last night. I have to wonder if this pain medication caused it..........the only feeling I have today is soreness and not what I would classify as "pain".   Hopefully one of the nurses will call me back.

Sorry if I missed some birthdays on here.........belated wishes to all of you.🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, I feel much better but I called the Dr anyway and she is unavailable today😮 so I decided to call both of her nurses and left messages for them. Nobody has called me back yet. To be honest, I think some of the pain may have been from constipation and I took a laxative yesterday........it finally worked last night. I have to wonder if this pain medication caused it..........the only feeling I have today is soreness and not what I would classify as "pain".   Hopefully one of the nurses will call me back.

Sorry if I missed some birthdays on here.........belated wishes to all of you.🙂

You may be right about the constipation causing it, especially since you are feeling better since the laxative worked.  Have you taken any narcotics?  They can be extremely constipating.  Still, a good idea to leave a message for her nurses. 

Sherri🙂

30 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

You may be right about the constipation causing it, especially since you are feeling better since the laxative worked.  Have you taken any narcotics?  They can be extremely constipating.  Still, a good idea to leave a message for her nurses. 

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri,🙂 the pain meds from the surgery are considered a narcotic. Oxycodone.........

Hi girls, the nurse called me back......she is extremely nice.🙂  She suggested I start taking a stool softener twice a day for the next few days.  She made me feel better too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, novice99 said:

6 hours ago, sjb317 said:

I’ve told my friends that every woman should have a gay son or friend in their life😂.  Out of our three sons, it is my gay son who calls just to chat, is willing to go see musicals with me, always knows the newest restaurants and is a really good cook!  I don’t think his fashion sense is very  good, though, so I guess he did not get that gene😂😂

Yes and yes!

You described our son. We had yesterday three (son, partner and a friend) at our Easter dinner table but I have to say, all three are much better dresser than the straight men in my family. LOL

A lot of people know members of the LGBT community but don’t realize it.  It’s often still not safe to ‘come out’ around them.  That reminds me of a front page news article 25 years ago. It had a picture of a pretty female.  I knew him and his parents from the LGBT support group.  Back then this would have caused a big backlash against the newspaper had she been identified.   Kudos to the newspaper.  It still puts a smile on my face.

It’s up to us parents and friends to speak up whenever we encounter homophobia and I have it made my mission to do so.  There is never anything wrong with loving someone.  There is far too much hate and not enough love in this world.  

20 minutes ago, novice99 said:

Yes and yes!

You described our son. We had yesterday three (son, partner and a friend) at our Easter dinner table but I have to say, all three are much better dresser than the straight men in my family. LOL

A lot of people know members of the LGBT community but don’t realize it.  It’s often still not safe to ‘come out’ around them.  That reminds me of a front page news article 25 years ago. It had a picture of a pretty female.  I knew him and his parents from the LGBT support group.  Back then this would have caused a big backlash against the newspaper had she been identified.   Kudos to the newspaper.  It still puts a smile on my face.

It’s up to us parents and friends to speak up whenever we encounter homophobia and I have it made my mission to do so.  There is never anything wrong with loving someone.  There is far too much hate and not enough love in this world.  

I so agree with you!

Sherri🙂

Arrived home last night, lots to catch up on

Debbie, I’m so sorry about your so upsetting diagnosis,  lung surgery, & hospital stay. Hugs to you 

Happy bday to everyone I missed. 

Lois, glad you’re recovering, & got a good outcome.  Constipation is a definite side effect of both surgery & narcotics. I’m surprised your surgeon didn’t prescribe stool softeners with the narcotic

Great cruise, lousy wifi, fabulous food & martini bar. Really good shows too. Pictures after I finish my mountain of laundry.  Melody

Hi Melody, welcome home🙂 glad you had a great cruise. 

I am feeling much better this morning......the stool softener was on the discharge papers but I don't recall them telling me "take twice a day".    The nurse did tell me on the phone yesterday it would be ok to take them going forward for the next few days.  And at this point, I don't need the narcotics. (Thankfully).

• Like 2

Welcome back to Mud Season Melody!  

My visit to my opthalmologist went well.  The spot where I had the procedure is just fine.   The eye pressure is nice and low in both eyes.  And, the virus is back in my right eye.  We're doing the Valtrex and putting the prednisone drops in the eye again.  I'll probably be doing low doses of both for months after this initial high-dose weeks.  I had a feeling it was back - that feeling of a piece of glass was what happened last time.  

Off to have my skunk stripe colored this afternoon.  OOTD:  jeans, a t-shirt, high-tops.  

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 12:03 PM, sjb317 said:

OOTD:  Passport is up for renewal so had to get a picture done this morning.  Full make up including lipstick which I rarely wear, earrings, a bright t shirt, anything to brighten this picture up.  Ended up looking  like a very old drag queen in the new one!  Nothing makes your old picture look good until you see the new one 10 years later!

I renewed my passport last year. I deliberately wore a shirt that said "I have red hair because God knew I needed a warning label". Black glitter on a muted red shirt. My passport photo shows my face and "I have red hair". You know, just incase there was a question. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

I renewed my passport last year. I deliberately wore a shirt that said "I have red hair because God knew I needed a warning label". Black glitter on a muted red shirt. My passport photo shows my face and "I have red hair". You know, just incase there was a question. 

Great idea, Christy!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 12:37 PM, Lois R said:

Hey Debbie, how are you feeling???

Hi Lois, like you, still healing from the surgery,  & learning to deal with side effects from pain meds... I have discovered that senocot s & miralax are my friends, makes a huge difference.... the miralax will dissolve in just about anything & you can't taste it....

We leave in 2 weeks for our little trip & cruise.... just starting to pull out the suitcases & do a little packing planning..... I plan on packing light, will make traversing through the airports easier 🙂 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi Lois, like you, still healing from the surgery,  & learning to deal with side effects from pain meds... I have discovered that senocot s & miralax are my friends, makes a huge difference.... the miralax will dissolve in just about anything & you can't taste it....

Have you ever tried taking probiotics?

It has done wonders for me.  All my life I had problems with BM.  I avoided taking laxatives but tried many dietary things with various success.   But none worked in the long run.

Years ago I started taking daily one capsule probiotic (30 billion active cells).  It works wonders for me.  I know TMI, it’s a daily quick and healthy BM.  I recommended this to others and they have positive experiences with it too.   Just a suggestion not trying to tell you what to do. 

Gisela

• Like 1

Well I'm in my hotel room and it's my last night in London. I got my negative COVID test done today (YAY) and tomorrow I'll be heading to Southampton to board the Silhouette. I think I have jumped all the hurdles (except for the Passenger Locator Form for Portugal which they are supposed to help us complete once onboard) and now it's time to just enjoy being back in Europe.

It's been very much "business as usual" in London. Few masks anywhere I've been with the exception of getting my test at a walk-in clinic, lol. Seems about as crowded as it should be at this time of year but I also have noticed quite a few small stores and restaurants that seem not to have survived the pandemic.

The Raphael exhibit was the highlight of my London stay, but honestly just getting out and walking around the familiar areas and sightseeing is so wonderful -- it's good to be back!

• Like 2

Update on the mammogram re-do;  The technician allowed me to look at the photos - the calcifications looked like 2 little grains of sand.  An MD looked at the photos and said there was nothing to worry about, but he wants me to do another mammo in 6 months just to see if the calcifications change.  So, I'm now all done with this round of visits with my various health care providers.  

A little help needed again on my trip.  For some reason, my heart doesn't seem to be in to doing 3 days in Tuscany when I'm in between time in Bologna and Florence.  I'm stumped for something.  Has to be accessible by train.  Venice doesn't catch my fancy, either.  Something different, off the usual tourist track.    2 friends suggested Capri but I'm wary of spending a day there with 10,000 cruise folks.  Any ideas???  

OOTD:  It's sunny and going to be low-mid 60s today, so it may be another day to lounge on the patio.  So, running shorts and Tshirt.  Got to get a little bit of Vitamin D on this bleached white body!!

• Like 1

Hi Kat, happy to know your mammo came out good🙂

I can't help you with where to go for the 3 days......hope you find something wonderful though🙂

Cynthia, have a wonderful cruise and glad to know your test came back negative🙂

Novice, I am a big yogurt girl but have never taken probiotics. But to be totally honest, I have never had issues with keeping regular. I appreciate your post though. What pill do you take? (just curious). 

Good to hear from you, Cynthia. Hoping the rest of your trip goes as well as the pre cruise part.

Kat, good news on the mammo assessment. Hope your eye issue clears up with the meds. I too don’t have any suggestions for those 3 days. As good as you are at researching all of this, I have no doubt that you will figure it out. 

Lois, glad you are doing better and that healing is progressing.

It’s a cloudy day with more rain expected later on. Cancelled out on our plans for today and getting things done at home instead. Maybe tomorrow …..

OOTD ankle pants, Lands End half zip fleece (yes, it’s chilly) and minimal make up.

• Like 1