for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

It was fabulous👍.  The place we went to is fantastic......a locally owned establishment called

"The Wine Cellar".  They have been in business going back to the 1970s!  Food and service

are awesome. It has a great menu and yes, there are ALOT of wine choices!

sounds soooo good!   Made a chuck roast in the instant pot (it was small, 1lb,)  made beef dip sandwiches & some french fries...  opened today's "Advent of wine" bottle which was nice :)

bought myself a treat, new hiking boots!  At least new to me, they are 'reconditioned'  but supposed to be in excellent condition, more than likely a return :)  they are vivobarefoot :

https://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/womens/outdoor/tracker-fg-womens?colour=Dark+Brown

buying them reconditioned saved $100 which to me is totally worth it :)

also, here's a night shot of my back yard lights:  

IMG_2780.thumb.jpg.d3b3184cec885a360f52c12d501d9fd3.jpg

I found more lights in the garage & I think I might put them up tomorrow..  with everything closed it's keeping me (semi) sane lol ;)

• Like 4

Good morning, Debbie, neat looking boots!  And your lights look really nice🙂 And I love

beef dip sandwiches.......sounds great!.....wonder why some places call it a French Dip?😃

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

It was fabulous👍.  The place we went to is fantastic......a locally owned establishment called

"The Wine Cellar".  They have been in business going back to the 1970s!  Food and service

are awesome. It has a great menu and yes, there are ALOT of wine choices!

I love a good frittata, that sounds great!

Brrr. It is cold outside this morning.  I am meeting my son for lunch and a little shopping so I need to wear my my warmest coat.  I have knit socks to keep my feet warm and will wear a sweater and my woolish pants.  Just wearing eye makeup because at some point we may have to wear masks.  Sigh.  I made my son his favorite cookies and will give them those today too.

53 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Brrr. It is cold outside this morning.  I am meeting my son for lunch and a little shopping so I need to wear my my warmest coat.  I have knit socks to keep my feet warm and will wear a sweater and my woolish pants.  Just wearing eye makeup because at some point we may have to wear masks.  Sigh.  I made my son his favorite cookies and will give them those today too.

It is cold here too.   I wear a mask anytime I go out to shop/eat/etc....nothing new about that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lois R said:

It is cold here too.   I wear a mask anytime I go out to shop/eat/etc....nothing new about that.

We don't have to wear masks in restaurants here.  Most stores require them but not all.  There is no mask mandate in our towns or counties.

Debbie - neat looking boots.  I wonder what the lateral stability is like.  I have a bad habit of rolling my ankles when I hike!  Actually, I roll anytime, anywhere...

Melody - love the lace on the mantle!  I've not seen that done before.  Is it a table runner or a table overlay?   

Lois - the fritatta sounds yummy (and low carb).  I wish I could do more fritattas and omelettes.  For some reason, I just don't like my eggs that way all that much.  Give me poached, over easy, sunny side up, basted, hard boiled, even a decent scramble.  Probably a thing from childhood - we never had omelettes as a kid.  

It's supposed to snow today.  But, that's what the weather gods have said the past 2 times.  I don't mind the lack of snow, but it's awful for the ski area here.  Fortunately the areas are killing it with manmade for now.  I did my "out of the house" chores yesterday.  I have "in the house" stuff to do today, so in the house I will stay.  I'll make my bacon-wrapped porchetta tonight with some green beans for dinner and will have leftovers for a few days.  I learned to love porchetta over in Italy, so when I see it, I have to buy it.

OOTD:  just sweatpants and a Tshirt.  Nothing to see here...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Beautiful mantle.  I love those lanterns.

Lanterns Michaels, $13. Lit bottle $7 at Kohl’s 

I bought the lace mantle cover at Mr Tablecloth In Curacao. It’s actually called a mantle cover. 

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

We don't have to wear masks in restaurants here.  Most stores require them but not all.  There is no mask mandate in our towns or counties.

We’ve been under a mask mandate since April, just extended through January

So, the good news is my niece seems to be getting better and my sister and husband both tested negative, at least so far. They have no plans to get tested again which I think they should do before going to any family gathering next week. 

However, the bad news is my youngest son tested positive today and has mild cold like symptoms so far.   His wife and children seem to be ok, at least at this point.  They live in northern VA. 

Everyone’s decorations look very festive! I’ve noticed more lights in our little beachside neighborhood this year than last,  I think everyone needs a little Christmas cheer! 

Stay safe! 

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, oh wow, you have medical family issues........glad your niece is getting better

but I also think your sister and bil should be tested again and I certainly hope your son

will be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  And they really ought not to have a family gathering (especially if it is

with family outside of their own pod).  Wishing them the best.

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

Lanterns Michaels, $13. Lit bottle $7 at Kohl’s 

I bought the lace mantle cover at Mr Tablecloth In Curacao. It’s actually called a mantle cover. 

You put it all together beautifully.  Just perfect.

• Like 1

Hi all -- I haven't posted here much lately as I feel like I'd just be a big Scrooge.  Been feeling very disappointed and out of sorts as we (my son and I) had really hoped to visit my parents, sister and BIL in Florida for Christmas. We reluctantly had to admit last week that we just don't feel it is safe to do so. It's really disheartening that even after being SO careful for SO long, there's still so much COVID around that we feel it's not safe for us to travel there (e.g., risking exposure ourselves and then exposing other family members). I haven't been able to see any of them since last Christmas, and as it happens it is also my dad's birthday on Dec 24th -- he will be 94.

I'm having a really hard time finding any Christmas spirit. :classic_sad:. Vaccination can't come soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hi all -- I haven't posted here much lately as I feel like I'd just be a big Scrooge.  Been feeling very disappointed and out of sorts as we (my son and I) had really hoped to visit my parents, sister and BIL in Florida for Christmas. We reluctantly had to admit last week that we just don't feel it is safe to do so. It's really disheartening that even after being SO careful for SO long, there's still so much COVID around that we feel it's not safe for us to travel there (e.g., risking exposure ourselves and then exposing other family members). I haven't been able to see any of them since last Christmas, and as it happens it is also my dad's birthday on Dec 24th -- he will be 94.

I'm having a really hard time finding any Christmas spirit. :classic_sad:. Vaccination can't come soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Hi Cynthia (((((((((((hugs))))))))) sorry you are feeling so blue.  Yes, it seems this disease

is so very bad.  I think you are doing the smart thing though......traveling would not be the

best thing to do.  I was hoping to go to the Inauguration with 3 friends but that is off the

table for us now.  Too much spread all over the place. 

Hope you feel better soon! We are all here for you.

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

Hi Cynthia (((((((((((hugs))))))))) sorry you are feeling so blue.  Yes, it seems this disease

is so very bad.  I think you are doing the smart thing though......traveling would not be the

best thing to do.  I was hoping to go to the Inauguration with 3 friends but that is off the

table for us now.  Too much spread all over the place. 

Hope you feel better soon! We are all here for you.

Thanks Lois, you are always very kind. 🙂

I know I am only one of many facing this Christmas without the usual family gathering around -- but it doesn't really make me feel any less blue.... 

• Like 1

Ah Cynthia, what a disappointment for you & your family. Hopefully you’ll be able to Zoom or FaceTime with your Dad & rest of family. Your reaction is not a downer, it’s a new reality. We don’t have to like it, but we are all living it, doesn’t mean we have to like it. 

we have a family wedding on Jan 4. Found out yesterday it’s going to be a Zoom wedding. We weren’t going to go, but now will sign in & wish them well. Melody

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

Ah Cynthia, what a disappointment for you & your family. Hopefully you’ll be able to Zoom or FaceTime with your Dad & rest of family. Your reaction is not a downer, it’s a new reality. We don’t have to like it, but we are all living it, doesn’t mean we have to like it. 

we have a family wedding on Jan 4. Found out yesterday it’s going to be a Zoom wedding. We weren’t going to go, but now will sign in & wish them well. Melody

What would we all do without Zoom and Face Time?   That will be our Christmas this year!  My granddaughter wants me to wear a “sparkly” dress, the two of us are going to dress up for our virtual get together.  Next year we plan to have the biggest party ever😂

I think there will be a lot of big celebrations next year😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I’m so sorry, Cynthia and I certainly understand your disappointment and  your desire to keep everyone safe. Hopefully more will follow your example. Happy Birthday wishes for your dad. 
Sharon

Welcome to the newest posters. Love BC, especially Sidney

Debbie, your patio decorations awesome. Hoping you have many nice evenings so you can fully enjoy.

This thread has reached 100 pages-a milestone! Congrats to Kat who started this and to all who have contributed.

• Like 2