How are the Swans doing 2020

17 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

A 3 point win to Port, with a goal kicked after the siren. I hope you enjoyed the game.

What an exciting end to the game, Robbie Gray was certainly the best player to have a kick for goal after the siren. Always reliable. 

Now watching the Hawks v Dees. Barracking for Dees for husband's sake.

Leigh

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

What an exciting end to the game, Robbie Gray was certainly the best player to have a kick for goal after the siren. Always reliable. 

Leigh

This could be another close game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, By The Bay said:

A 3 point win to Port, with a goal kicked after the siren. I hope you enjoyed the game.

9 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

What a game--the best one I have seen since I started following AFL. I hope there are more like it!

Go Swans!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

Nice win for the Dees. I bet DH is happy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Wazza Crapper.

Usy now mate, but when i get time i will relate how i met dr edelsten and warwick, back in 85 when the good dr opened his medical centre at hurstville, interesting arvo.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NSWP said:

Busy now mate, but when i get time i will relate how I met dr Edelsten and Warwick, back in 85 when the good dr opened his medical centre at Hurstville, interesting arvo.

So  for various reasons I was invited to the opening of the Hurstville Medical Clinic of the socialite Dr, Edelsten. Back then he was opening a few of these around Sydney. The Hurstville one was above the Railway Station.  In a fanfare, the Doc's Pink Helicopter landed on the roof and after the official opening accompanied by music, dancing girls and of course 'lemonade and Cheezels' lol,  Edelsten started inviting some guests for joy flights in his pink helo, after one flight, the helo was ordered out of the area by Sydney Airport Control Tower, due to flight path interference, you guessed it I missed out. Anyway I had a nice arvo chatting to Dr Edelsten and the legendary Warwick Capper, amongst others, he was not in his short shorts.  Gee it was a great lemonade served, I think it was Schweppes🤣🍷.  Edelsten went broke not long after and the rest is history.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

This was one of his Medical Centres. Very flash.

Old Shops Australia on Twitter: "1980s late night medical clinic ...

Yep, his one at Hurstville was like that, grand piano and all.  He loved pink.  The Doc wore pink suits. Hhe imported a lot of foreign doctors over here, from the sub-continent etc.  Into his company Allied Medical Group, which operated the 24 hr medical centres, an innovation back in 1985, but plenty around now.  Perhaps some stayed and got residency.  Geoffrey E would be in his mid - late 70's now I reckon.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Well it looks like my fun watching the AFL is just about over. Only 2 games will be shown, both in the wee hours of the AM 😞 I was hoping to see the Swans  tonight. Instead of showing us live AFL games, we are being subjected to boxing reruns and reruns of opening day US baseball. Ughh.

I'l have to depend on all of you for details...

Go Swans!

52 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Well it looks like my fun watching the AFL is just about over. Only 2 games will be shown, both in the wee hours of the AM 😞 I was hoping to see the Swans  tonight. Instead of showing us live AFL games, we are being subjected to boxing reruns and reruns of opening day US baseball. Ughh.

I'l have to depend on all of you for details...

Go Swans!

ML, how disappointing for you. I'm sure we can provide you with updates on the Swans' games.

Leigh

1 hour ago, possum52 said:

ML, how disappointing for you. I'm sure we can provide you with updates on the Swans' games.

Leigh

Yeah, I'm totally bummed but nothing I can do. I do look forward to reading everyone's comments on all the games this week.

We are off to the lake tomorrow, it will probably be raining when we get there but it will still be great to be somewhere than our own backyard 🙂

And, I've been reading that Dr Fauci and other experts think we should lockdown for 6 weeks--I hope we get back home if that happens!

Hope things in Melbourne are looking up.

Go Swans!

Edited by NoWhiners
add info

Just now, NoWhiners said:

Yeah, I'm totally bummed but nothing I can do. I do look forward to reading everyone's comments on all the games this week.

We are off to the lake tomorrow, it will probably be raining when we get there but it will still be great to be somewhere than our own backyard 🙂

Go Swans!

Enjoy the lake and hope you have good weather.

Leigh

1/2 time Swans 5.1.31 Hawks 5.3.33

No things are not looking up in Melbourne at all ML, over 350 new cases today and another 5 deaths. Hopefully you don’t go into lockdown while you are at the lake. 

Leigh

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Absolutely pouring down rain, not good for high scoring maybe that will help the swans.

It seems to have helped the Swans a little as they are in front at 3/4 time by 8 points. 
Swans 8.2.50 Hawks 6.6.42.