How are the Swans doing 2020

7 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

tight finish, 7 points.

7 hours ago, possum52 said:

Full time Swans 9.6.60 d Hawks 7.11.53. A hard fought win in the end by the Swans, the Hawks came back at them but they were able to hold on.

Just got up and saw all the messages about the Swans--it's going to be a great day 🙂

Of course, they play a really good game and I can't watch. Grrr. But, at least they won.

Thanks for keeping me posted.

Go Swans!

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It was nice that they won, and it did have some good highlights, but it wasn't a good game.

I actually saw a bit of the game, I must be on the way to being converted to AFL.th.jpg.2932cc9b4e9f06d16151d207d369ccff.jpg

Edited by NSWP

On 7/25/2020 at 3:36 PM, MicCanberra said:

It was nice that they won, and it did have some good highlights, but it wasn't a good game.

I see your point, but any Swans win is a good game 🙂

It was quite a weekend--Swans win, Essendon just gets by the Crows, nice win by Carlton, Lions outlast Melbourne, and Cats beat Dockers--I saw the last bit of that game.

Baseball games are being postponed here due to virus issues, so maybe there will be more AFL???

Go Swans!

• Like 1

A bit of a mixed bag for me this week. We will only get 1 game, but it's the Swans!! Yay. 

It will be on at 1 AM. Ugh. 

And we are playing St Kilda--not sure we can beat them. 😞

I will try and watch it but 1 am is truly the middle of the night 🙂

Go Swans!

43 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

A bit of a mixed bag for me this week. We will only get 1 game, but it's the Swans!! Yay. 

It will be on at 1 AM. Ugh. 

And we are playing St Kilda--not sure we can beat them. 😞

I will try and watch it but 1 am is truly the middle of the night 🙂

Go Swans!

Set the alarm and get up at 2.30am, watch the second half, if it is close you get the excitement, if it isn't go back to bed.

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Set the alarm and get up at 2.30am, watch the second half, if it is close you get the excitement, if it isn't go back to bed.

LOL.

Actually, that's a pretty good idea. I think I'll give it a try. Hope the alarm is LOUD 😁

Go Swans!

I got up at 1st quarter time, saw the score, which was still close. I laid back down and St Kilda scored 3 more times, so I went back to sleep. Just checked the final score--glad I went back to sleep.

go swans!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

I got up at 1st quarter time, saw the score, which was still close. I laid back down and St Kilda scored 3 more times, so I went back to sleep. Just checked the final score--glad I went back to sleep.

go swans!

You made the right decision. The Swans were just not competitive. They will get some early draft picks next year when they finish near the bottom of the ladder. Time to re-build the side with some new talent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

You made the right decision. The Swans were just not competitive. They will get some early draft picks next year when they finish near the bottom of the ladder. Time to re-build the side with some new talent.

Yes, I am well rested today 😄 Sadly, I think you are correct, there's always next year.

go swans!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

He was a star back then.  Up there Kazaly   !!!!

Edited by NSWP

Swans at half time 5.0 (30) to the Pies 2.10 (22), lead of 8 points, Collingwood dominating play and having the swans scrambling in defence but the pies are kicking like donkeys, while the Swans have had 5 visits to the other end and scored each time.

8 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Swans went down by the 9 points - 6.5 (41) to 6.14 (50). Some poor shots by the swans and panic kicking as the time ran out in the final quarter.

The Swans certainly had their opportunities. Oh well, always next round. Just checked, Swans have a bye next round. Round 12 Swans play Giants Thursday 13th Aug at 8.10pm in Perth.

Leigh

Edited by possum52