How are the Swans doing 2020

So a miracle happened this morning--the Swans were on TV here. At 1:30 am 😮 I was going to try and watch but couldn't. Just back from our annual trip to the lake and still tired from all the packing and unpacking. I am going to see if we get any earlier games this weekend. It's weird that all of a sudden the games are on again.

So sad the Swans lost but at least they stayed close. Maybe this is the beginning of their turnaround?

Thanks for posting the scores--saw it first thing when I opened my email this morning.

Just checked, no more games this weekend for us--cliff diving and sports talk is apparently all they can offer!

Go Swans!

Edited by NoWhiners
add info
  • Like 1

Yeah, it's inconsistent. Baseball is having some problems right now, some games are being postponed. NBA says all players have tested negative, but those games don't seem to interfere. I don't know why baseball re-runs are better than live AFL but no one asked me!

It's always a pleasant surprise when I see an AFL game listed, so each week I check.

• Like 1

Great news this week--the Swans didn't lose!

Yes, I know they had a bye, just trying to keep things moving 😁😉 A few more games offered this week here, but at 1 or 2 am, really hard to wake myself up to watch.

Go Swans!

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

Around 2011, Port Adelaide were playing really really really badly.

So badly in fact that everyone believes that they even lost to the bye.

Swans fans feel their pain! I am hoping for a huge turnaround when the Swans are back from the bye.

You know what they say--live in hope, die in despair!

Go Swans!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

That is the latest mail. But not the Melbourne Cup.

We have a nice little country racecourse down the road from me, Moruya race course.   Would be good for the Melbourne Cup. the regional airport is across the road, Rex Airlines flies in and out half a dozen times a day.🐴

Edited by NSWP

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We have a nice little country racecourse down the road from me, Moruya race course.   Would be good for the Melbourne Cup. the regional airport is across the road, Rex Airlines flies in and out half a dozen times a day.🐴

That would be a good idea and a nod to Archer, the winner of the first Melbourne Cup, who came from Braidwood which is in your backyard.

Just to keep it related to AFL. The Caulfield Cup is scheduled to be run on the same day as the AFL Grand Final, the 17th of October.

• Like 1

Back to football - the Bombers and Suns drew in an exciting last quarter of the game last night. As a Bombers supporter I was actually quite happy with a draw. 

As far as the AFL GF goes, I would like to see it at the Gabba, if it can't be at the MCG. My Melbourne Cricket Club membership has been a waste this year but hopefully back to normal next season. Fingers crossed!

Leigh

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

A little more seriously, the time difference would allow the AFL to trial a later grand final in an early evening eastern time slot.

That is what the advertisers have been after for a few years now. Even if it is held in QLD, a night GF makes sense given the expected temperatures in mid-October.

1 hour ago, Docker123 said:

Obviously it should be in Perth, so my good guys can win.

A little more seriously, the time difference would allow the AFL to trial a later grand final in an early evening eastern time slot.

Adrian, I think that the AFL would be more inclined to reward QLD, as Anastasia and her government were more welcoming and made it easier for the southern teams to have bubbles on the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast.

Leigh

This is what the Age is reporting:

"The AFL will announce a finals policy by the end of the month, and is expected to include the decision on the grand final venue.

While the Gabba is viewed as the logical favourite to host the grand final, the Adelaide Oval, Perth's Optus Stadium and even NSW have not been ruled out, while the Victorian government does not want to put a line through the MCG just yet, given its contract to host the grand final there."