P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Nice breakfast Bob .Same as you I used to be first up 4am for work . The trouble was 

when on holiday I could be found roaming the cruise ships at 5am filming them as it

came natural to wake up at that time .

If you want to join us in the pampered club I suggest in the morning giving your loved 

one a gentle nudge and asking ...ermm :classic_unsure:  On second thoughts ,scrap that idea it's 

very nice that first cuppa on your own in the morning :classic_smile:

My hubby used to get up at 5am for work so now he goes for a run at that time and brings me a coffee at a more reasonable 7 30!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have been retired for 12 years and I still can't get out of the routine of waking up at 6 am and much to OH's annoyance I am the unfortunate person who can't stay in bed once I wake up,  his lordship has happily reverted to thinking that he is a teenager and stays in bed until between 9:30 and 10 am ( on second thoughts perhaps he is dodging helping with the housework )

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

That's good he checked.

My 75mg Aspirin is for life after my mild heart attack.

Graham.

Probably not, they have started moving people off asprin at age 70  onto another blood thinner - that happened to my wife.

I always wake about 5.30, husband sleeps until 6.30. I get up, make a mug of tea to take back to bed, and set the table for breakfast.  Then our fantastic newspaper chap puts the paper through the door at about 6, so I take that to bed to have a good read before getting up.  The paper has been driven through the night from Liverpool via the M62 and down the A1, arriving in our village about 4.30.  I do find these night workers very impressive - ditto our binmen, who are there whatever the weather every Tuesday morning.  I think most of us feel more appreciation for these good folk, who have to go to work, more than we did in pre covid days.  Well, I do anyway.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Jennizor said:

Raining quite hard here in Bolton and has been overnight. This is a problem for us at the moment. 6 years ago we had our glass conservatory roof replaced with a solid one. There are 4 large Velux windows in the roof and last week one of them started leaking. We had to move the dining table to the lounge end and the floor is now covered in towels and a bowl under the leak. The ceiling around window has some damage. The 10 year guarantee covers the windows but, to cut a long story short, the company that did the roof and Velux arguing about who should take responsibility. On the positive side, the forecast for the next few days here is quite good (snow is not shown for us). Even better news, my 67 year old husband has got his vaccination on Tuesday. You have to take the positives where you can in these crazy times. 

The roof leak is a bummer but good news that your hubby gets his vaccine on Tuesday.

Graham.

43 minutes ago, terry2 said:

Probably not, they have started moving people off asprin at age 70  onto another blood thinner - that happened to my wife.

After my HA I got Ticagrellor for 12 months for my cardiac stent and Aspirin for life.

I have now stopped the Ticagrellor anti platelet treatment.

The 75mg Aspirin is only a tiny tablet and I didn't need to stop taking it for my Cataract and Vitrectomy surgery last Wednesday which was done using a local anaesthetic.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

After my HA I got Ticagrellor for 12 months for my cardiac stent and Aspirin for life.

I have now stopped the Ticagrellor anti platelet treatment.

The 75mg Aspirin is only a tiny tablet and I didn't need to stop taking it for my Cataract and Vitrectomy surgery last Wednesday which was done using a local anaesthetic.

Graham.

Hi Graham , the Ticagrelor for 12 months I was told is standard for HA patients .

I was taken off them after 8 months as cardio team deemed my risk had lowered .

Same as you I take the 75mg Aspirin and was advised  that another tablet I take 

every morning called Lanzoprazole was an ant acid that was also to stop the Aspirin

damaging the stomach lining .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Hi Graham , the Ticagrelor for 12 months I was told is standard for HA patients .

I was taken off them after 8 months as cardio team deemed my risk had lowered .

Same as you I take the 75mg Aspirin and was advised  that another tablet I take 

every morning called Lanzoprazole was an ant acid that was also to stop the Aspirin

damaging the stomach lining .

Yes they gave me Lanzoprazol too to protect my stomach from the blood thinners.

They also gave me Atorvastatin and Bisoprolol indefinitely.

Total  cholesterol is 2.5.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Yes they gave me Lanzoprazol too to protect my stomach from the blood thinners.

They also gave me Atorvastatin and Bisoprolol indefinitely.

Total  cholesterol is 2.5.

Yes I’m on lanzoprazol as well it works but I have side effects

• Like 1

Well the winter wonderland has not happened yet, it is now snowing but lots of small flakes and as the ground is soaking it might not settle, maybe because we are only a couple of miles from the sea. Horrible cold and high wind though, not a day to be going anywhere. My neighbour has her jab this morning and is getting there whatever the weather. It is about 20 minutes walk away and I imagined her trudging through the blizzard with tennis racquets strapped to her feet. 🥶

Edited by davecttr
spalling mistuk
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Well the winter wonderland has not happened yet, it is now snowing but lots of small flakes and as the ground is soaking it might not settle, maybe because we are only a couple of miles from the sea. Horrible cold and high wind though, not a day to be going anywhere. My neighbour has her jab this morning and is getting there whatever the weather. It is about 20 minutes walk away and I imagined her trudging through the blizzard with tennis racquets strapped to her feet. 🥶

Very similar here, Dave. Settling, though. I was wondering how the Kent contingent was getting on.

12 minutes ago, davecttr said:

It's on the way I'm afraid.Went for my walk at 6 expecting snow but got soaked instead,I can handle that,lol.

20 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Disappointed with the lack of snow here in Bexley. I’d planned to go sledging and my son was going to get his skis out on the slopes of a nearby golf course.

You would be welcome to some of ours!  It was a whiteout blizzard at 11:30 last night, but fortunately it must have eased soon after, but still a good covering this morning, and we are now seeing some brief snow flurries.

• Like 2